main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    The combination of comic and novel writers make me think this might be something along the lines of the old multimedia events (like the approach they took to the Clone Wars comics and novels back in the day), and that maybe with the ST nearly out of the way they're actually letting these writers shape the aftermath of Episode IX. If Rey establishes a new Jedi Order, I could see this being about that.

BobaMatt and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Jedi? With a droid army?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope Rey is not given her own school. Let her walk a different path then Luke and eventually take just 1 student at a time. Though their needs to be a decant time gap after IX before she begins to train.

But I prefer if they focus on the 6+ years before TFA after IX is done when it comes to post RoTJ works.

Before getting Rey stories post IX, I want to see tales of Luke, young Ben Solo, etc.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Perhaps Luke's ghost is able to teach all Force-sensitive people who have some "connection" to him, such as hearing of his legend and believing in it...

"I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Dawud786 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Pretty sure this is going to be Luke's Jedi Academy. The title, the authors and the release slot (after there is nothing to spoil about the ST any more) all work with that.
    It's going to be huge because it'll be a coordinated multimedia series with wide popular appeal, featuring main characters from the OT & ST and filling an important & glaring gap in the narrative.
    This is something that they were going to do eventually. For a while, I thought maybe they were saving that for anthology films or a live series or something, but that would mean either cutting out much of the OT/ST main character action or simulating / recasting (in case of live-action), which is even harder when it's right between the OT & ST appearances of the original actors.
    All in all, this era & theme lends itself perfectly to a big multimedia project, so I think that's what Project Luminous is most likely going to be.

/wishful thinking :p

6. Zodiac5

Zodiac5 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2019
    Maybe this prophecy from Master and Apprentice has something to do with it ? [face_thinking]
    ''When the Force itself sickens, past and future must split and combine.''

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be something that ties in with Yoda's Luminous beings are we.. quote.

BigAl6ft6 and InterestingLurker like this.
  8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    For myself, I'm hoping that it ties into the Whills.

9. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    Given that it will be helmed by both comic writers (and yes, I know that Soule has written actual novels) and novelists, I'm going with the idea that this could be a multimedia project, something that I've been really hoping that they will attempt after hearing about the massive multimedia project from the Legends Clone Wars era. Maybe having something to do with Luke's old Jedi Acadamy or maybe even stories post TROS since the movie will be out by then.

revan772 likes this.
  10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I really hope that as well. Not my idea by a long shot, but the idea of comic arcs, novel series, and more encompassing an era that we have been dreaming about sounds incredibly fun. New characters that people will argue will have to die due to all Jedi being whipped out and I will defend how they can live, reading fun new stories in an era we have dreamed about for five years, and having some of the top talent from the new canon, this is something I will be very interested in seeing. Even if this is not the case, I will be happy with trying whatever it ends up being. I just have fun speculating. ^:)^

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Your power is nothing compared to the infinite fury of the Dark Side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. sir PING1

sir PING1 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2014
    Charles Soule is on the latest episode of the Star Wars Show on Youtube and in the interview he might of given a hint of what he could be working on in the future. Whether or not it pertains to Project Luminous, I don't know. Just thought it was worth sharing.

Andi: "Are there any characters in Star Wars that you really, really want to write for that you haven't yet?"

Charles: "I have written one panel of Luke Skywalker, and that's it. I would love to write more for Luke Skywalker. I think hopefully I'll have a chance to do that at some point soon."

Interview starts at 3:17, quote at 5:22.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    (Two panels. Luke shows up in 1 panel in 2 different issues of his Darth Vader run. Also technically I guess the page he shows up on has a previous panel of him knocking down a brick wall.)

14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    With so many authors involved, will it be one shared book or several or split over different media as event?

Given its release after Episode IX I bet it is something meant to tie the entire saga together, so all eras involved across different media by different authors. Think Vector by Darkhorse in Legends.

Recently canon revealed more visions, Force Ghost interventions and the like. I think this was the start of what Project Luminous will heavily expand. The Force's side of the saga, prophecies that misread could have been will be cleared up with their true meaning. Spirits guiding mortals. And all the sprinkled bits and pieces falling into place as the larger narrative connects and snaps into place.

Not the literal Journal of the Whills, but a narrative one.

15. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    I like that actually. It would be really interesting to read about everything from the Force's POV.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So there have been a bunch of new posts here in Lit about Journey to the Rise of Skywalker book and a comic today - wonder if it's related to Project Lunimous?

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't think so - none of the creator names on the JtRoS books match the ones talked of in this thread.

Doesn't rule out links later though.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    In the face of the secession of the Two Thousand Loyalist systems under the leadership of Viceroy Organa and their acquisition of a a clone army from the Kaminoans, the Senate voted to give Supreme Chancellor Dooku unprecedented emergency powers to purchase a force of three million battle droids from the Techno Union. The Republic will not allow these so-called Loyalists to threaten a thousand years of peace.

Jedi Grand Master Rancisis pledged the support of the Jedi Order to the Supreme Chancellor in a public press statement. According to Admiral Mar Tuuk of the Republic Navy, Jedi Knights and Masters are expected to assumed positions of command in the newly formed Republic Droid Army.

In other news, stock prices on the Coruscant Exchange tumbled from investor fear of an impending conflict between the Republic and the Loyalists. Analysts expect this trend to continue for the next three months.
    Click to see more from HNE...

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  20. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    I hope so, I really want to know what Project Luminous is.

21. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Fingers crossed!

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

Looks like it'll be a bit longer before we get substantial details.

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    For God's sake. Why bother getting our hopes up then?