main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Surveys Emailed

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Apr 24, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Surveys to those who went to Chicago are being emailed.

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, just got mine. Gonna do it at the weekend. Got a lot of good things to say but also plenty of room for improvement, especially in regards to lottery and app/reservations.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I just got mine today and quickly filled it out. I made my concerns about the lottery-get rid of it! more availability of VIP tickets and limits of items in the Cele. store that are considered "exclusive" so everyone can have a jab at getting them, no hogging of items(like I saw!) otherwise I gave it good marks, had a good time, wish I could've met up with people and stayed later.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I talked about how ****ty the app was. I also lol'ed at the question "what did you like about the free wi-fi?" It's free, lol, what more is there to like about it.

Also hey- TFN shoutout in the list of sources for Celebration news. 'Course I also used discord at the show since that interface is better on mobile.

5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I laughed at that part too.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Finally got around to doing mine. Didn't pull my punches on the app and lotteries but did make sure to offer constructive stuff on how to improve for next year. Probably won't do anything but have to admit it felt good to at least get it off my chest to an official channel.

7. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    Am I the only one who hasn't received a survey? I've even double checked my spam folder to make sure it hadn't gone there instead!

I'm constantly getting sent email surveys from other places for stuff I have no interest in providing feedback yet I don't get a survey for this when I actually wanted the opportunity to provide constructive feedback especially about the Store and the lottery!

8. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Have you done a search of your emails for it?
    Mine came 4/24.
    Key word search for Celebration or We want your feedback should find it. Search Inbox, Trash, and check your categories as it may have been sent to one of those like Social, Updates, Forums, Promotions, etc and I don't know if keyword search would find it if put there originally.
    Edit: Looks like in Gmail everything in Categories should be in your inbox so I don't think you have to search those individually

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  9. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I’ve searched my emails, checked my spam folder and every other folder it could possibly have gone and I definitely haven’t received a survey. I’ve had 2 emails from the Marriott Marquis wanting my feedback about my stay but nothing from Reed Pop or Star Wars Celebration! Even though I signed up for the newsletter I hardly got any emails before the Convention from Reed Pop so I’d probably provide feedback about that too if I ever get sent a survey!

10. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Damn! Forgot to mention that in my survey! I signed up like 20 times and had to submit at least 2 help requests before I started getting emails.

Yeah, if all else fails this is the best method.

But the survey gets you entry into a draw for 2 tickets to Celebration Anaheim (if you live in the US anyway...:mad:)

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    JonSB likes this.
  12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't gotten a survey either.

13. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    As soon as the surveys were released I did not hesitate in filling that sucker out in great detail. I can
    only pray that, those powers that be, take our suggestions seriously.

14. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I just filled out my survey. I got sent a reminder today. I think I've put everything: lotteries, panel reservations, show store. I was struggling a little with the question "What services would you want at the show, to make it a better experience for you?" I was trying to think about something, but I didn't find anything. I'm sure I'll go to bed and wake up tomorrow and have an idea of what I could have said! What did you guys say? Also, I appreciated the text box on the very last page, "if you have any other comments, leave them here", as I had forgotten to mention that previous Celebrations had a "mixer" party in the evening in one of the ballrooms and they were showing the movies. None of that this time. I remember going back and forth between the movie (I think it was ESB) and the mixer at one of the previous Celebrations (I've been to too many, I start mixing them up). But I had a great time doing that and I was a bit disappointed they didn't do it this time.

Also, for those who are wondering whether Reed / Lucasfilm take our suggestions seriously... I would think they are. They are organizing this event for us and it is all in their interest to plan it well. This was my 7th Celebration and I always joke that they always listen to me and they do what I say in my surveys. Last time (after Orlando), I made the suggestion to add an extra day and I asked for them to have the option to pre-order more stuff online and they did both. It was also because of surveys that they listened to the fans and we could do the "overnight" properly, inside, having food to purchase and toilets to go to... I'm talking about Anaheim 2015. Before that, "overnights" were not "allowed", were outside with nothing open in the middle of the night, no toilets, etc. It is already difficult to wait overnight, that having some commodities is well-appreciated! Now, they went with the lotteries, because last time in Orlando, it was a fiasco with the "wristband policy". I don't know what they'll come up with next year, but I guarantee that they listen to the fans. Well, they listen to what the majority will say.