main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST “Nobody is really ever gone”, a somewhat mushy Leia one-shot (34 ABY, post-Crait)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Apr 29, 2019.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: “Nobody is really ever gone”, a Leia one-shot

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-editor and muse: @DarthUncle

Main beta editor: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Length: one-shot

Summary: The dead stay with us. Sometimes as memories, sometimes as visitations.

Time frame: The story takes place in 34 ABY.

Place of choice: The Millenium Falcon

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

There's no time for us
    There's no place for us
    What is this thing that builds our dreams
    Yet slips away from us?

Who wants to live forever?

There's no chance for us
    It's all decided for us
    This world has only one
    Sweet moment set aside for us

Who?

Who dares to love forever
    Oh, when love must die?

But touch my tears with your lips
    Touch my world with your fingertips

And we can have forever
    And we can love forever
    Forever is our today

Forever is our today

Who waits forever anyway?

[​IMG]

While huge, hairy Wookie paws hold you ever so gently, the universe finally comes to a standstill for you.

The voices of the other passengers, all survivors of the Crait stand-down, become meaningless.

There is just Han's best and oldest friend, Chewbacca, sharing your grief and your losses. In the safety of that embrace you become a private person and allow your tears to flow.

Gial.

Amilyn.

So many good people and stalwart comrades since decades are gone, wiped out by the First Order... and among the dead your own twin.

Like a true Jedi knight of the old Republic, Luke has sacrificed himself for the Falcon's escape.

Pride and gratitude kick in, mixed with a slow realisation. It may be the end of an era, but it's also the beginning of something new and unique. You are sure that your brother's example will travel wide and far. Not with light speed, but single sparks of hope will reunite into a wildfire that cannot be ignored by the enemy any more.

Suddenly, you feel a presence next to you. You do not need to turn around to face Luke. From now on, he will be there. More spirit than flesh he will always be there. Until your own heart, beating like a steady war drum, will fall silent.

“Thank you,” you whisper and Chewbacca, who thinks you are talking to him, growls something soft in Shyriiwook.

When fingers, human fingers, touch your shoulders, you do not shriek. It's not Luke, but Poe Dameron. The daredevil has a mug with steaming hot chocolate for you. It's his way of apology. You have really grown fond of the flying ace.

Carefully, you free yourself from the immense Wookiee hug that you are engulfed in. “This hopefully does not contain sleeping drugs?”

The young man gives you a wry smile that reminds you of Han somehow. “Why would I drug you for senseless reasons, General Solo?” he asks perplexed, while you take the mug from him.

You try to sound clipped. “Perhaps you like the taste of mutiny on-board a star ship.”

Poe Dameron rolls his eyes at you.

Suddenly, carefree laughter sounds through the Falcon. It's Rose Tico, a maintenance worker of the Resistance. Next to her is Finn aka FN-2187. Those two are joined by a small woman with brown hair done in triple buns: Rey.

“Sometimes family is not a question of blood,” you hear Luke say before he vanishes.

And your twin is right. Those three plus Poe Dameron are your new family. Besides, this is not the last time that your twin will visit you as a Force ghost.

Smiling, your free hand reaches for the pilot's arm and you steer him towards the others, straight into their circle of love and friendship.

Sources:
    The song “Who wants to live forever?” by Queen (1986)
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Jedipedia, a free German Star Wars-Encyclopaedia

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Kahara, gizkaspice, GregMcP and 2 others like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Exquisite song, lovely insights and the "You" perspective just makes it more wonderful! [:D] [face_love] Leia's voice is so perfect in this, and I love that she feels enfolded in a family circle of friends. :)

Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    That is simply wonderful! I love, how you write Leia, it is so much like Leia - so perfekt. I really love it.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A little bit of heart.
    Nice.

And that song can get you tearing up if it comes along at the right moment.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    What? I'm not crying! Okay, maybe...Maybe I am crying, but...But these are tears of...of joy, because...Because this is so...So beautiful!

6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I could hear Leia's voice so clearly and perfectly in this--such a touching piece that is saddening yet there is so much love and friendship!

7. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    The song is one of those examples of how good Queen were at tugging the heartstrings. And so do are, using the combination of it and your text, appropriately, and with the still fresh emotions of hearing Peter Mayhew has left the living,standing here waiting for the long distance bus from Hamburg to the Netherlands, well [face_worried] :_| (I guess the recent view of Bohemian Rhapsody gave you inspiration, as much as it enhances my emotions upon reading)

Strong stuff! Thanks!

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for making my stories possible as a wonderful beta. Not only to you discover mistakes, you always encourage me. [face_blush]

@Cem_Fel: Damit hätte ich nun nicht gerechnet, du Süße! I can not promise to write more Leia fics in future, but I already promised you my latest Rey & Kylo/ Ben painting when we are going to pay Castle Marienburg a visit this summer. [face_love]

@GregMcP: Well, I chose the song because we watched a certain movie together, my husband & I. Queen always makes creative and/ or thoughtful.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701: I am always glad to entertain... [face_party]

@gizkaspice: Strange that I posted this story around the death of Mr. Mayhew, without even knowing. I was so concentrated on being well enough again to celebrate Walpurgis/ Beltane with my husband & some dear RL friends.

@DarthUncle: You are very welcome, traveller. I will pick you up tomorrow from the railway station if I manage. @};-