main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    ****. Seahawks bound in by Wilson's contract first and now Baldwin done. Rebuild mode. I like that they responded to it by drafting a WR but this is why you win when you are in the SB folks. You might never get back there.

I think we will be lucky to get back to another one in the Wilson era. The parity measures are too great.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah if you get an opportunity like that you gotta run with it.

Emphasis on run.

Juliet316, dp4m, PCCViking and 3 others like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was just a beast mode burn.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    But an apropos one.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am very happy with The Giants draft We got our future Franchise QB In Daniel Jones and went mostly defense the rest of the draft and a wide receiver and O-Linemen! My top QB's I liked in this QB class was Haskins, Jones, and Murray so I am really pleased with getting Jones! He has a strong arm and he is an accurate passer and can run and gets comparisons to Peyton Manning I think the reason the media doesn't like the pick the media hates the Giants this is nothing new and the darlings of NY is the Jets. Tony Paige on WFAN radio says LeVeon Bell is Better then Saquon Barkley which I don't think most could say with a straight face I would like to see Bell leap over defender like Super Man. Bottom line even if Daniel Jones wasn't your first choice he is a really good young Prospect the reason his completion rate in passing isn't better Duke is a really bad football team there were a lot of drops that should have been caught and he had a really bad offensive line.

Giants Undrafted Free Agents so far,
    #Giants UDFA signings:

C James O' Hagen (Buffalo)

LB Josiah Tauaefa (UTSA)

OT Paul Adams (Missouri)

S Jacob Thieneman (Purdue)

WR Reggie White Jr. (Monmouth)

WR Alex Wesley (Northern Colorado)

CB Jake Carlock (LIU)

RB Jonathan Hilliman #Rutgers)

RB Dominick Bragalone (Lehigh #NYG

and Offensive Linemen, Terron Prescod

and they are having veteran RT Mike Remmers in for a free agent visit he was with Shurmur On the Vickings and Gettleman on Carolina,

247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/Mike-Remmers-Giants-right-tackle-2019-131613010/

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Giants 6th round pick Corey Ballentine and college teammate Dwane Simmons were both shot just hours after Ballentine was drafted. Ballentine will live and make a full recovery, but Simmons freaking died in the street.

What.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Yea I am hoping this wasn't a drug deal gone wrong or something my thoughts and Prayers go out to the family and friends of the young man that died very sad.

In other news Chris Carter on the NFL Network Is claiming Giants Front Office is racist because they picked a white QB:rolleyes:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...nes-Giants-Draft-2019-Cris-Carter--131611767/

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kyler Murray the one that canceled a meeting with the Giants?

9. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
  10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think about half the teams drafted well, it would be easier to name the teams I thought had notably poor drafts. Detroit, Houston, Raiders, Titans. I think the Raiders in particular didn't really kill it with all those picks. Houston drafted a bunch of projects early, when they need those guys now.

As far as teams that have fans here:

Juliet, I like what Washington did. I'd prefer Haskins over any other qb in this class. What's amazing is they didn't have to do anything to get him, he fell into their laps. I guess Love and Sweat (good pair of names) are health risks, but could be really good if they're healthy.

I thought Carolina made some good picks. Getting an elite athlete pass rusher at 16 is rare. I remember seeing him play at FSU and wondering who the hell that skinny guy was all over the field. I liked Grier at WVU, every time I saw their games, he looked like a star and made wow touch throws. The only question there is if he will even get a chance behind Cam, but if Cam keeps getting hurt, he might be the heir apparent.

I like what KC did getting a replacement for Hill and some athletes on defense.

Who's our Vikings guy? mnjedi? Looks like they went all in to help Cousins. No more excuses for him.

Didn't like what the Giants did with their top two picks, but if Jones works out, it's all good. If he doesn't, Gettleman's legacy of sucking is sealed. I like some of their later picks; Baker, Love, Slayton.

Seattle seemed to get Seattle players. Collier might be another Frank Clark. I don't like Metcalf, though. Has slower 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone times than Tom Brady. Not good. Too big. Reminds me of when David Boston got on steroids and showed up in San Diego 245 pounds with gigantic biceps. He was always big, but he got stupid big. Didn't help. It's not a bodybuilding contest.

mnjedi and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    So the Cardinals took the first overall pick and the 10th last year and turn it into Kyler Murray and a second round pick? Even if Murray pans out I’m sorry Cardinals fans.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    no he met with the Giants I think the Giants liked him too I think they liked Haskins till he showed up to the Combine over weight looking like he eats a lot of Burgers fries and shakes and ran slower then Eli Manning at the Combine. Bottom line why did Chris Carter have to make this about race when he didn't have to go down that road probably just to get ratings.

I will point out about people not liking Daniel Jones in the 1979 draft the Giants drafted a QB out of Morehead State named Phil Simms a lot of Giants fans weren't happy about the pick, how did that turn out?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Right, I remember now, he canceled on Washington.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Reports were coming out early in the week that Sweat may have had his heart condition misdiagnosed at the combine. If that's true, then Washington possibly got away with a steal where they drafted him.

solojones and Chromide like this.
  15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    He's a mind-boggingly poor runner but idk where you heard he was overweight or looked out of shape?

Sure as hell wasn't an issue when he was raining bombs on Saturdays!

Chromide likes this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I saw his prow day and the Combine he was either fat or on PED's Performance Enhancing Drugs Steroids or HGH Also he officially weighed more they weigh them at the combine.

17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    How sad are you @robert martins that the Patriots didn’t trade up for super maga proud boy Bosa?

18. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    [​IMG]

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Reports are that Tyreek Hill could go on Commissioner's Exempt list this week.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Good. He should stay there.

DarthTunick and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, the local fanbase is pretty happy with the pick. I haven't come across any type of backlash in the media or fanbase in drafting Bosa, which I expected since there wasn't anything prior to the draft.

Moreover, as a 49ers fan, I'm glad Bosa didn't oppose to coming to San Francisco considering his tweets. I mean, we've seen players resist going to the team that drafted them; Eli comes to mind as San Diego drafted him and he refused to put on the Chargers hat.

Ya know what, said to say, Bosa's tweets may actually be in line with certain people in the Bay Area (i.e. BBQ Becky, Jogger Joe and Permit Patty, all Bay Area residents sadly to say).

But seriously, Bosa's comments were made by a very young immature person on social media (people tend to say things online that they wouldn't say in person) and I would imagine he would mature as time goes by. I think the fact that he's coming to San Francisco and addressed his tweets are a step on the path to maturity.

In general, the 49ers fanbase (to my knowledge) has objected to any controversial comments and the media has been pretty relaxed about it. I mean, when Kaep started to take a knee it wasn't a be thing locally and then the national media ran with it and it became a thing with the Trump campaign. Right before the Super Bowl against the Ravens, 49ers' CB, Chris Culliver, made homophobic comments and it didn't raise much of an eyebrow.

Bosa is starting with a clean slate, and the local media will probably ask him a couple more times in training camp about his tweets and he'll answer them, and we'll all just move on.

The only real concerns by the local media with Bosa is his durability, as his brother missed like 13 games in two seasons. Nick has missed a few college games from what I learned.

Anyway, the 49er Faithful is pretty excited about the defensive line with the newly added Ford and Bosa. I'm also happy the Niners drafted two WRs with the next picks to give Jimmy G more weapons on compliment George Kittle. I bummed that Robbie Gould requested to be traded from the team to be closer to Chicago. It's not expected the Niners will grant his trade request, so I hope this doesn't affect Gould's kicking performance.

As for the Raiders, pretty much everyone in Raider Nation were perplexed with their fourth overall pick. Good thing it was over shadowed by the Giants' number 6 overall pick and the Raiders seem to be logical with the picks in the later rounds.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he only played in three games last year.

but yeah, hopefully the guy has matured. if he's still a racist d-bag i'm not going to be happy about having him on my team, regardless of how many sacks he gets.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Juliet316 like this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well he liked a college teammate's Instagram post that featured the n word... A white teammate. Yeah.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So my company is split between KC and St. Louis. Someone from the St. Louis team posted a picture of a nearly empty Kauffman Stadium on our Slack channel today saying, "look at all those die hard Kansas City Baseball fans."

My response (had to) was, "Still more people than at a St. Louis Football game."

St. Louis may fire me :p

PCCViking likes this.