main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting to see another world called Despair (although spelled differently), where the Empire put down a prison riot.

I recall the Death Star novel having the battle station being completed over Despayre, a prison riot being put down, and the planet being destroyed as a superlaser' weapon test.

Gamiel likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    FASHION HOUSES AND BRANDS

EnergyFemme (based on Real Life brand, 'EnergyWomen')

Smart fashion house dealing in female attire.

They got an unexpected boost when they branched out into the niche of more feminine uniforms for the galaxy's military, getting a major contract with the Hapan Consortium.

Females in Imperial service can go for EnergyFemme's belted tunic, and knee-length pencil or wrap skirts, in the colours of the various Services - grey for Navy, olive green for Army, black for Stormtrooper Corps.

Their brand or line for military personnel, is UPPSI-Dazey. The initials of the first word, are really an acronym for Uniform, Party, Protection, Soiree, Invite, to indicate that they can cater for on-duty wear (uniform), off-duty casual clothing (party), some body armour, environment suits (protection), formal and event wear (soiree, invite).

EnergyFemme also cater for younger consumers under the PowerGirl brand.

A silent partner who provided some seed money to get the EnergyFemme venture off the ground, was security consultant, and ex-SGIS (Secret Galactic Intelligence Service)' agent, Sounil Mistry.
    The Empire is not aware of this, as her being a Twi'lek would probably fall afoul of their anti-alien policies.

[​IMG]

Surgeon-Commander Debgate of the Darkest Night, wears EnergyFemme to Bespin

Starflare

Luxury clothing brand for human and humanoid femmes.

Ysanne Isard has favoured their underwear since her days as a Republic security agent, and wore them during a Clone Wars mission to Iskalon.

NovaCore

High-end clothing brand for human and humanoid males.

Ysanne Isard bought their underwear for her Sith Inquisitor' boyfriend, Lord Nelf.

Areca-net

Affordable Coruscanti fashion house, popular with lower-ranking female bureaucrats, in Imperial Service, the Senate, office workers.

As at 0ABY, they only have branches on Imperial Centre.

Their ExoGorth range features both bandeau, floor-length gowns, or trousered jumpsuits, where a "Squeese-tane"(TM) band or strip at the top, presses the material around the upper torso, giving the impression of being consumed by the mythical space slug. Some more daring designs feature teeth detail to emphasise the effect.
    Areca-net ensures that the term "space slug" appears nowhere in their marketing, and their lawyers aggressively pursue any publications or media beings who use the term in reference to their clothing.

In 0ABY, Ysanne Isard eventually settled on a lined ExoGorth gown in dark blue silk, for her Date Nite at the famous Flaredome restuarant on the Oseon 5792 asteroid.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Gamiel likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Despair feels like it could be a common name in GFFA, given to many prison planets or worlds that are realy hard to survive on.

Also: Technically :-Bit's planet 'Look on Our Works ye Mighty and Despair' but I think only droids and people that want to make certain that other's know which Despair they are talking about use the whole name :p

Do the NovaCore also offer pencil or wrap skirts?

I did a search on 'EnergyWoman' and it* seems to be such a common term that I don't know if any of results I found belonged to that brand
    * or variation of it

[face_laugh]

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    NovaCore, Starflare, and EnergyFemme, are three distinct entities.

At this time, I am only aware that NovaCore do a set of underwear for males.

If you want them to do skirts, I don't mind amending the entry to make them a unisex brand.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Aha, my mistake I thought NovaCore was a subsidiary to EnergyFemma that sold male versions of their products.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    After finding a GFFA trousersuit designer being used for female Imperial uniforms, earlier in this thread, this was a kneejerk reaction to look up skirtsuit brands on Amazon, and find something that I could convert into a GFFA-style name.

So EnergyWomen (font must have been small; just noticed that I must have misread it) is probably just a random seller on Amazon, rather than a household name.

I was lucky here. I already working on Uniform (the whole point of it), Party, and Soiree, before I realised that I had UPS, most of the way through an acronym.

Recent news article about NASA not having spacesuits for female astronauts, and the US military not yet having any uniforms, body armour, or boots for female dimensions, prompted me to do the 'Protection' element.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Gamiel likes this.
  7. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Between this idea and hearing Bob Seger's
    Turn the Page
    at least once a day on the radio station I have on in the store at work, I've been getting some interesting ideas...

Heh. The Boy Scouts of America has finally gotten around to doing female uniforms that actually fit (and look good on women). Dang the new ones are so much more comfy (I wear a BSA uniform every day for work).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Sith-I-5, Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm describing this big scene that take place on one of the bigger spaceport in the Lahara sectorn (canon info / my fanon on it), on one of the main transshipment worlds, so was I thinking of mentioning people from different groups/cultures/companies walking around in the big square that the characters will come into. And I am wondering if anybody here think something from their fanon would fit there?

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, you can feature either specific stores for EnergyFemme, Starflare, or NovasCore; the first one especially if Imperial starships dock or land there, to attract the attention of female crewers. Or their signs and clothes could be in the windows of separate clothing stores.

Tourism adverts, or travel agents, could advertise my Dry Schna Ibrix hotel resort.

You could glamourise the colonial opportunities for Ibrix or any of the worlds in your fanon.

Edit: If you want people from my fanon, it would probably help if you gave me a year, or an era. No sense giving you Snoke and the kids if your story takes place during the Old Republic.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Gamiel likes this.
  11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Mercenary Companies of the GFFA
    Here are a few mercenary companies I came up with, some I´ve used before, while some are just ideas so far(will probably add more in the future):

The Lost Sons
    The Lost Sons are a mercenary group, that formed after the end of the second galactic civil war when many members of the Guard of the Galactic Alliance lost their jobs and reputations, while being charged as war criminals for their actions in service of Jacen Solo. Several of these now persecuted veterans would organize into this mercenary company trying to make a living, to these ends they also began recruiting other promising members from the places they traveled through. As a group they share a strong hatred for the Jedi and prefer to work for anti Jedi causes. Because of this the GA considers them a terrorist organization. Their members come from a pretty wide number of backgrounds and includes human´s and non humans alike. Their gear is still pretty much the same as during their service in the GAG, though they have removed any markings of their former state from their clothes.

The Last Defenders
    The last defenders won eternal fame, and their name, during the Vong War. Comprised out of many orphans of the first galactic civil war, primarily from pro imperial families, the group is primarily made up of humans and even includes a few surviving students of the Shadow Academy(who, especially early on, had to hide their past and force sensitivity from the people they interacted with). Originally just a ragtag group their greatest hour came during the Vong War where they, in service of the imperial remnant, refused to abandon the world of Xatahl. Technically deserting the mercenaries stayed behind to protect the worlds civilian population after the regular imperial forces were evacuated from the planet they deemed impossible to hold. For the following two years the defenders held Xatahl due to their resourcefulness and stubborn refusal to give up, eventually holding out until the end of the war. Their heroism and success in this terrible position earned them fame and respect through the galaxy as well as their name "The Last Defenders". The group still operates primarily in the empire, protecting trade routes and providing safety to remote planets. Thought it´s also rumored they were hired by Jagged Fel for some more, secretive tasks in service of the remnant. Unusual for mercenaries The Last Defenders will always honor their contracts and never indulge in pillaging or other war crimes. They don´t have much in the way of faction specific gear but instead tend to prefer whatever is most handy in a current situation.

The Blue Bloods
    The Blue Bloods are a mercenary company who is entirely made up of nobles from all over the galaxy. Many of these nobles are exiles who have been driven of their homeworlds, by war, revolutions or coups against them or their families, while others are younger children of still powerful noble families who see no other perspective in life, while others again joined simple out of a thirst for adventure. The group already exists since the old Sith wars though its size has varied throughout the centuries, generally being larger in times of war, change and struggle. Within the company many of these nobles tend to intermarry, with their kids often becoming members as well. Being nobles the company is known for its flamboyant appearance and behavior as well as their decadent tastes but they are not to be underestimated as their rigorous training makes them fierce combatants.

Athenril´s Snipers
    Possibly the smallest mercenary company in the galaxy this unit is only comprised of around 40 soldiers, who are all Athenar. Lead by the rebellious and adventurous Athenril Stargaze(most certainly a stage name) these Athenar care little for their peoples isolationist ways but instead seek to travel the galaxy for the sake of adventure. Though they still poses a strong moral code that prohibits them from taking immoral jobs or working for clients they deem evil and while they take money for their services they will often only charge small sums, just enough to keep their equipment going. The small size of the group leads to them being often underestimated but their skills and equipment are above pretty much everything else in the galaxy. Being virtually undetectable in their coats, that can take the color of any possible background, these snipers have an inhuman range and accuracy that leads to them being able to cause causalities far above their small numbers.

The Corellian Company
    The Corellian Company is a primarily, corellian organization, but also includes recruits from other worlds. They primarily serve in the skies and in space but also have a component of ground forces. Like many Corellians they are known for being quick to anger and prone to risks but also loyal towards each other as most members of the company consider each other as a family. Most of their ships are heavily individually modified to the point it's hard to say what the originally basis for many of them has been. The company has something of a bad reputation for their support of the short lived peace brigade and Thrackan Sal-Solo, as well as their regular drunken excesses after a successful mission.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    THE FON SJTERNBERG’S MOFFATE - an Imperial Remnant area beside the Lahara sector

First of: some information regarding the main worlds of the Lahara sectorn (canon info / my fanon on it) that explain some of the terminology and background -

* the Lahara sector is a political sector, not a geographical one, with that means that all the planets in the sector are parts of the Republic and planets that may be geographically near, or even between, Lahara sector planets are not part of Lahara sector it if they are not parts of the Republic. This means that the map of the Lahara sector given in the The Essential Atlas is more along the line of guidelines than how the sector actually looks.

* When it became clear that the Empire would fall the current moff of the Lahara sector, Roman Fjodorovitj Ungern fon Sjternberg, decided to consolidate his forces around a few system instead of trying to controlling the whole sector. This, together with that the moffate have not (openly) attacked or subverted Republic space or protectorates, has made it possible for fon Sjternberg to keep his holdings. By the time of YJK so is a cold war going on between the Republic and fon Sjternberg’s moffate.
    In New Republic times so are planets that are part of fon Sjternberg’s moffate considered to be part of the "near abroad", a term that refers, in the Lahara Sector, to all the planets that are either geographically, culturally an/or politically close to the Lahara Sector but are not part of the Lahara sector (nor any other of the Republic's political sectors).

* My earlier fanonpost regarding Organisations of note in the Lahara Sector can also be of interest, especially Elkbro Trading inc.

------------

Worlds in the fon Sjternberg’s moffate
    (may be expanded in the future)

------------

Amarna: An agriworld known for its martial tradition. This has its origin in times of old when Amarna’s settlers was regularly raided by pirates, warlord and others who thought they did not need to pay for the food Amarna produced. Because of this it was the duty of every member of the community to take arms and defend what was theirs. It even became so that a youngling was not seen as complete members of the community until they had shed blood in defence of that community.

In more civilized time this tradition become that younglings shed blood in defence of the Republic by joining the Republic’s navy or self-defence forcers for at least five years. After that time they return as full citizens of Amarna. During the time of the Empire this tradition continued but now they joined the imperial armed forces even if the more chaotic times beginning with the Clone Wars has made many younglings full citizens without having to go off world.
    The settlements on Amarna are usually small, most of them village or town sized.

------------

Eno danga: a rocky word of half deserts, canyon systems and salty inland seas. Was once a thriving mining colony but the miners moved on three centuries BP, leaving their cities to turn into ruin, and only hardy subsistence farmers lived on Eno danga. This changed when Lahara sector’s (then) moff, Hon Gylenborg, decided to make the planet the main training ground and depot for the part of the Imperial army raised in the sector. Eno danga‘s was also used whenever some new kind of weapon or transport needed testing.
    During the New Republic-era so did fon Sjternberg's regime continue to use Eno danga as the main training ground for the ground tropes levied from the moffate's worlds.

------------

Fabricius: like most agriworlds in the Lahara sector Fabricius’ farming methods are mostly automatized giving most of the population, and especially the landlord oligarchy lots of free time. Free time that many fill with going to, or watching on viewscreens, the circus where animals – both trained and wild, many cybernetic and/or chemically enhanced – fight each other to the amusement of the crowd. This kind of entertainment did go against the Republic’s animal welfare laws but Fabricius was able to just pay the fees or bury the charges in layers of bureaucracy red tape. After the raise of the Empire, Fabricius was able to make themselves an exception to those laws when it come to the use of animals in circus games and was even able to get the right to use prisoners sentenced to death as participants in the games. [Culturally inspired by Rom the decadent]

Fabricius' moon is mostly covered in shipyards, many that was turned over to the Republic during the Clone Wars, the Empire never returned them.
    During the New Republic-era so did fon Sjternberg's regime use Fabricius' moon as one of it's main shipyards.

------------

Kinga: A chill world of vast dry salt flats and dust-laden wind, all under a glaring cold sun; most of the worlds water can be found in the equatorial belt of corrosive salt-fens. In normal cases it would only be colonized by bullheaded homesteaders and salt miners but Kinga is the only living planet in a system with three highly mineral rich asteroid-belts, making Kinga the perfect place to house the asteroid-miners when they are on their off leave. The miners live in shifts of two weeks intense work among the asteroids and two weeks of free time.

Nearly all of Kinga’s settlements are built up beside or, with the help of stilts, on the salt-fens, mostly because of the relatively high temperature. Most of the settlements consist of a main area of hab-units used by the miners – usually ranging in size from capsule (for those without a family and no want for a real home area) to large apartments (mostly for the miners with a family) – and lots of enterprises, some just looking after basic needs but most are there to meet to the needs of many a-miner’s to burn their hard-earned cash: fine restaurants, dance halls, bordellos, gambling houses, grooming establishments, clothing stores, etcetera.

Kinga is in practice controlled by the houk clan M’Klintock, who are allowed by the moffate to whatever they want, as long as the minerals keep coming and there is no unrest among the miners.

------------

Kurr: a rocky, mostly barren world with scattered swamps, bush forests and marshes found among the valleys, the landscape is constantly riven with ion storms so powerful that they can shatter metal. Where the storms strike can be found exotic crystals, usually small and brittle but they can be sturdier, and larger, sometime even as large as a dashade fist.

Tribes of dashades live spread over Kurr, living in villages and towns that they move between when food in the area has run out or when their druids sense a ion storm coming to close. The tribes are technological primitive but have no real problem using any advanced technology that they can scavenge, trade or raid from outsiders who come to Kurr to gather crystals. The dashades also trade their skills as brutes and killers to anybody who are able to pay. But any potential employer better come to Kurr with enough firepower of their own to the negotiation table discourage the dashades from just attacking them and take their stuff.

Kurr was never part of the Republic and during the imperial era was it incorporated into the Empire and was used as a dumping ground for unimportant prisoners who were made to mine crystals. After the fall of the Coruscant, moff Roman Fjodorovitj Ungern fon Sjternberg, the sector moff of the Lahara sector, decided to consolidate his forces around a few system instead of trying to controlling the whole sector, Kurr was one of those worlds.

The fon Sjternberg’ regime has an agreement with largest dashade tribes: they protect the miner-gangs from non-allied tribes in exchange for technology and/or slaves, they also only sell their services to fon Sjternberg’s regime and it’s allices – many of the moffate’s high ranking members.

------------

Portmonyo: An agriworld known for its great fields of 2 m tall corn.

------------

Shendjen: low pressure planet with little water, only in what would be the deep sea canyons on other worlds is the pressure high enough for human life, it is also there where most of the water is collected. People live is cities built into the sides of the canyons. Duels to the blood over matters of honour, using knives and fans, are common among all social strata.

Ruled by a council made up by oligarch families, and a labyrinthal system of marriages, alliances, sponsorships and similar binds all the lesser families and organisations to one or another of the oligarch families.

Around 30% of the population is made up of geonosians. The Geonosis’ geonosians don’t consider their kin form Shendjen to be real geonosians but lesser beings and that’s possibly why Shendjen was one of the early worlds to break from the CIS during the Clone Wars.

Export electronics and fine machinery.

------------

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

As usually I am glad for any questions or suggestions people have.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Anedon that's some good concepts, here are some comments:

I think you need to edit this part

I would create a new paragraph after the period here, I think it would make reading easier.

I like this idea :)

Also, my fanon concepts 'Omurandik's Free Lances' & 'The Honourable Society for the Return of the Righteous and True Way' may be of interest, see below the spoiler for quotes involving them

Stealing that for my spacer surnames post

Thinking WH40k's Aeldari Rangers here.

I think there is a hyphen linking Sal-Solo's surnames

Also, something I'm missing regarding your companies are some information on general looks and their logotypes/coat of arms/mon/emblem.

Last: I think you have missed to make some letters that should be big, well: big.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
    No, just companies, species, and similar - musicians, music and artists could be used also. But just for extra information so do the story take place sometime after Crystal Star

14. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Not sure if any of these really fit, the Blue Bloods are certianly not so naive as to have any illusions on the empire, in fact in many way they are the oppositte of the examples you brought up as around the fall of the empire, many imperials joined them after loosing their position. So they would in general have a pretty poor view on the NR as well, prefering to work for third parties instead.

In therms of their equipment yeah but I guess snipers in insibility cloaks is a pretty common thing in sifi.

Not sure about those actually, generally I would guess mercenaries rarely have uniformed looks, the Blue Bloods and the Correlians certianly haven´t. Added a bit for the Lost Sons and Last Defenders though.
    As for logos, I´m not very creative when it comes to those I must admit.

Gamiel likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I suggest:

The Last Defenders: an amphistaff, in it's snake form, being stomped upon by a stormtrooper's armoured boot/leg; alternatively being crushed by a stormtrooper's gauntlet

The Blue Bloods: The greater version is a shield with blue drop in the middle of a red field, flanked by two noble animals [something from the core sounds fitting] and a celestial crown on top. The lesser version is just the red shield with the blue drop.
    A variation of it being used can that the shield is divided with the left side showing the blue drop on red while the right side shows the bearers own family's or unit's heraldry, if flanking animals are used so is usually the right animal changed to one from the bearers home world.

Athenril´s Snipers: the Eye of Horus with a star covering the pupil, possibly with a stylised athenar long-rifle below the eye (or maybe two crossed rifles)

The Corellian Company: the Corellian flag with a Corellian space fighter [pic one you think fits] on the left field, possibly with some kind of crossed weapons behind/below it - maybe the weapons differ depending on the unit.

-------------------------------------------------

some more comments:
    Should that not be 'is a mercenary group'?
    do you really mean rage here?
    I just want to ad that I can absolutely see each of them being followed by at least three non-combatants who are there to help them with food, clothing, menial tasks and similar.
    Just wondering: how did they escape imprisonment by the Republic or re-schooling by the Jedi?

16. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Sounds a bit goofy to me, not really fitting with the professional no nonsense personality of the Last Defenders.

Could work, maybe a bit too much though.

Not sure if they would even have a logo, but if anything I would rather think it being a stylized Athenar rune or something like that.

Sounds pretty good.

Maybe droids, but I think real servants would be a bit much. Keep in mind that while flamboyant they are seasoned fighters who wouldn´t drag armies of servants behind them.

We never went too much into detail on that, but the general idea is that a handfull of adepts managed to escape in the confusion of the assault on Yarvin.

Gamiel likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering, what is it that you find goofy?

[​IMG]
    from https://www.deviantart.com/looking4adventures/

I was actually thinking of the 'decadent' part, not the 'flamboyant', in your description.
    Righto. I just want to mention that I have this fanon idea that many of the Shadow Academy students was placed into the care of Luke's Jedi where they were re-schooled and made into proper Jedi. I actually have a story where one of the character's has that as his backstory, even if it has not come up in the story (I need to do next part of that story :( )

18. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    To quote Dr. Seuss, "My goodness, how the time has flewn!" Looks like we have four more days to go till the Fanon Back to Basics Challenge comes due on Sunday, May 5, and as always, I look forward to seeing what we'll get! :)

Also, announcing some long-overdue updates and new posts:

And that, as they say, should be it for now. Keep on keeping on, fanonistas! And don't forget about the challenge! :)

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    The whole thing, this stlized staff/snake, being crushed. Feels kind of cartonish and goofy.

Maybe decadent was the wrong therm, yes they enjoy luxury, but they aren´t carricatures.

Isn´t that basically canon? I´m sure its said somewhere even if none of them ever shows up as a character in the novels after that.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    As often as you are updating so did I think that I had until June to PM you :p

Don't know. I only remember reading about one former Shadow Academy student* who was still evil and (as I remember it had s/he only been a prisoner of the NR, no time as a student at Luke's academy).
    * ignoring Zekk

If you say so.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, how would observers be able to tell an image of an amphistaff in it's snake form, from an image of a snake?

I'm sure Darth Enemy doesn't have to remind you what happens when certain beings think you have something against snakes...

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [face_laugh]

23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Same. :D

24. FanonSock

Nov 11, 2014
    Hello everyone—here’s your friendly neighborhood FanonSock, just popping in with an announcement or two.

First of all is that this is your last day to submit to the Fanon Back to Basics Challenge! Anyone? Anyone? :D

Second, @Gamiel has updated his posts Planets of the Mirgoshir Hyperspace Crossroads, the Lahara Sector, Spacer Surnames, and Corporations.

And third, a bigger announcement will be coming tomorrow of a new project of sorts that I’ll be starting in this thread, so stay tuned.

Thank you all, as always! :)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Gamiel likes this.
  25. FanonSock

Nov 11, 2014
    So, folks, another fanon challenge has come and gone with zero entries, and that has me thinking it may be time to take a break from challenges in this thread for a while. You’re still welcome to send me ideas for future challenges and discussions, and I’ll most certainly keep them in mind for later, but please be aware that it might be quite a bit later.

Of course, I’d be lying if I said I weren’t somewhat curious about why participation in recent Fanon Thread challenges has been down. It doesn’t have to be a Big Official Discussion type thing, and I don’t want to pressure anyone or guilt anyone—but if any of you have any comments or thoughts on that topic, please feel free to share them, and I’ll gladly listen.

I’d still like for this thread to be “at the fanficcer’s service” as a reference, resource, and space for discussion. I’m always open to discussing ways we might do that, but today I would like to offer one way in particular, and that is to kick off...

THE FANON THREAD INDEXING PROJECT

I notice that this thread is very good about indexing the actual fanon elements that people come up with, but less so about indexing the stories featuring those fanon elements. Sure, we have some of those stories listed in the individual challenge indices, but one has to dig a bit for those, and of course there are plenty of stories that feature fanon elements from this thread but weren’t part of one of the challenges.

So this is where YOU, the fanficcers and authors, come in! If YOU have written a story or stories featuring fanon from this thread, whether for one of our challenges or not, I invite you to PM this sock under the subject “Fanon Indexing” with the following information for each relevant story:

1. Title
    2. Raw link to the story
    3. Name/title and author of fanon topic (whether that author is you or someone else)
    4. Raw link to said fanon topic
    5. (repeat #3 and #4 as necessary)

If you could send this information to me by Monday, June 10 (a little over a month from today, that would be great. (That is when I’ll begin synthesizing this data into some sort of actual index.)

A few other things:

1. For now, in the interest of keeping things simple, I’d like authors to submit just their own stories. But I am willing to stretch a point in the case of stories whose author has been away from the boards for a very long period time or is otherwise unreachable. In such cases, please also include that author’s name.

2. Also, please don’t be alarmed if your story title and link doesn’t go into the index right away—at this point I am only collecting data. The exact form in which I end up indexing the data (e.g., within the index post itself, in a separate Google doc, etc.) will depend partly on how much I collect between now and June 10.

As always, don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Thank you all so much, and I’m really looking forward to getting this underway! :)

Last edited: May 7, 2019