main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Why? I hated that about Lando in the movie. He an Han are meant to be skilful gamblers, not cheats.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There should be nothing to get past. Ehrenreich is a fantastic actor, and an excellent young Han.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    wobbits and Troy_Viszla like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They're scoundrels still at this point, it's done more for comedic effect and keeps it fun.
    When a character is so synonymous with a particular actor, in this case Harrison Ford, it can take time for an audience to get used to someone new playing the part.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course. I just think people should be less resistant to change. Especially when it’s good quality change.

Django Fett likes this.
  5. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    People are resistant to change, James Bond is an obvious example if you get the right choice and give them a chance.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Nothing in the films really indicates they're skillful gamblers, whereas everything they do and say indicates they're braggarts with big egos who B.S. their way through most of the situations they find themselves in, including playing dirty and cheating.

7. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I guess if they were skilful gamblers they'd have retired long ago and not relied on nefarious jobs to make a living. Lando wouldn't have ended up owing Crimson Dawn a favour and Han wouldn't eventually be in the debt of Jabba.

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Han didn't cheat Lando in SOLO did he.

I can agree with them friendly tricking each other and conning rich organisations or criminals, but I don't think they would flat out cheat a stranger (who could be a good being) or cheat each other constantly. I don't see how a friendship can start if they are doing that.

9. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Are they really good friends when they meet again on Cloud City?

You've got a lot of nerve coming here after what you pulled!

That sounds to me that at some point Han has cheated Lando.

Jolee Bindo likes this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Han clearly had no idea what Lando was referring to because he hadn't done anything. Lando was tricking Han. This is what they do as friends I believe, friendly trickery. Han doesn't fully trust Lando because of this nature of their friendship but they are old friends and each knows the other will not completely screw them over. Lando then pretends to be happy to see Han because he thinks that is what Han would expect if he actually was an unexpected arrival, when in fact he is being forced to seriously deceive Han, basically breaking the rules of their friendship, cheating. Lando really is absolutely not happy to see Han at that moment because he knows it will almost certainly be the end of their friendship once Han knows the truth, and that Han would actually feel just like Lando had pretended to at their landing pad meeting.

Han and Lando are not cheating a-holes but that is kind of how Lando is portrayed at the gambling table in SOLO. Hopefully after being busted by Han, that was the last time Lando willingly cheated.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I’d be up for it but I don’t need it. For me Solo set it up well enough. Han won the Falcon and went with Chewie to work for Jabba, the rest is history. I’d be happy to watch a few more adventures along the way but I’m happy with the story told.

What I do need is a series featuring Maul, Qi’ra, and Crimson Dawn (which Han and Chewie could totally appear in). That’s a story that definitely needs continuing.

Darth_Pevra, Demon4x4 and Avnar like this.
  12. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    The dialogue says otherwise...
    Going by that they parted far from on the best of terms, Han is also wary, which is why he warns Chewie to be on the look out. To professional gamblers, cheating and getting away with it is a skill. These aren't legal games, they're in dirty run down bars, played for high stakes. Remember Han bets a ship he doesn't actually own and never pays the debt he owes Lando. Lando then runs out on them when Enfys Nest ambushes them, they have a deep rooted respect for each other, which develops into friendship, a friendship that is shaky all the same and is only really broken when Lando turns them over to Vader.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Whatever Chewie says doesn't imply any cheating by Han. He could be referring to any kind of mishap that happened in the past. Look at Han's expression when Lando accuses him of pulling something. He is clueless.

Han also didn't cheat by betting a non existent ship. Lando accepted that bet without confirming existence of that ship, that was his mistake. Han tricked him and Lando won a non-existent ship.

I would absolutely hate a series that had Han and Lando cheating all the time.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  14. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I always figured that Han actually did pull something on Lando in the past because when they were flying to Cloud City while in Bespin's atmosphere, Chewie said something to Han and Han replied with something to the effect of "Well that was a long time ago Chewie, I'm sure he's forgotten about that."

15. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not saying that Chewie implies cheating, just that they're not as good friends as you're making out. When Lando accuses him Han is feigning innocence, not acting clueless, it says so in the script.

16. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd love a Lando focused show, but I don't think a Han Solo show would be necessary.

TetsuAero likes this.
  17. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I think if they do a Boba Fett series or another series about the underground that is set before ANH, it would be great if the young versions of Han and Lando were in it, even if not the main characters. I could see them doing a story arc.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m hoping this movement gains traction because Solo was a great film and the possibilities going forward are exciting. I’d be happy with a TV series even though a film would be my number one.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Is there a countermovement I could support? #StopSolo2

21. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

So a potential Solo sequel of some sort would involve a syndicate war between the Pykes, Hutt Cartel, and Crimson Dawn? Sounds good to me, and ripe for a Disney+ series.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Howard mentioned that direction in an interview back in June 2018:

Crimson Dawn is just one of five major crime Syndicates operating in this period of the Star Wars universe – and Howard reckons a rumble between the galaxy’s criminal gangs could fuel other plotlines. "Potentially one would think it might be kind of interesting to see what a war amongst the Syndicates looks like,” he ruminates. “There's nothing concrete there, but that's interesting territory. In what movie and through which character's perspective that might emerge... I think everybody feels like that's rich territory to explore in the movie universe."

The Darth Maul Cameo

23. Gallandro007

Gallandro007 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes please make this happen...

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    When you think about it the series is called Star WARS, no one ever said it had to be a galactic scale conflict between good and evil, a gang war just as easily fits the bill...

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You are interpreting Han’s fake clueless face as actually clueless? Maybe someone else is clueless here... ;)

Django Fett likes this.