main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Not to alarm anyone, but I've just heard it's going to be "Plan IX from Outer Space."

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    TheYodaPagoda and Sarge like this.
  2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    At least so far, there are no spoilers, only rumors and I don't trust any of them too much.

Seems that the spoiler management for IX has been great so far. So there are not so many dangers out there on the Youtubes and Facebooks.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I want to watch the live stream for the Episode IX panel, if only so I find out the title of the movie like everyone else. Should be exciting in any event!

4. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Major spoiler leaked today. Avoid front page and thread carefully on facebook and youtube.

The Bops likes this.
  5. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    At the very least the alleged leaked poster that's been making the rounds has been confirmed to be fake by Mark Hamill on Twitter so no need to worry about that.

TheYodaPagoda and The Bops like this.
  6. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    There are too many things in that leak that were already confirmed from multiple trustworthy sources and spy photos, so it is very likely to be real.

Mark is just an actor so I do not expect him to know what the marketing department is doing in order to confirm/deny anything.

7. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    [Removed]

Though I realise this thread probably isn't the best place to debate this so I'll tread carefully.

For the record though even if it does turn out to be a big hoax it is a great looking poster and I hope some of the new things on it are in the film.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2019
  8. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    [Removed]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2019
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    DO NOT DISCUSS POTENTIAL SPOILERS HERE.

You can discuss that there are spoilers out there, but not what those spoilers are. No Spoilers Allowed, remember? The next person who breaks this rule - even if it's really minor - will get a vacation from these boards and lose their NSA posting privileges.

10. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Just to be clear when the actual official poster is released are we allowed to talk about it here? I checked the NSA Sign Up thread and it said it was ok but I want to double check anyway. I like this thread because we can speculate and countdown for the film without fear of someone posting what actually happens in the movie.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anything officially released is fair game (although you might still want to use spoiler tags just out of courtesy). However, if something leaks early (which is what happened yesterday) it cannot be posted even if it's official.

TheYodaPagoda and Grievousdude like this.
  12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think the poster that leaked is legit. Not the poster but likely one of the ones that will be sold in stores come Force Friday.

So I guess you could say Mark Hamill is technically correct in saying it's not the real IX poster And he's also just following the expected policy of deny until officially confirmed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Just a few hours away from the teaser trailer (and title) for Episode IX. Will you guys watch it, or do you consider it a spoiler?
    I certainly will watch it. Many, many times. :D

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll watch the trailer but maybe not the instance it drops. (I might be emailing people to get the boards back up!)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I've already seen it 10 times since the live stream! Let's just say it was superb, and I can't wait to see another trailer.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  16. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    I'll be very safe here, but I just have to say
    that title aligns beautifully with what I think may be happening in this trilogy.
    Out of curiosity, do we have anything else, like a poster, yet?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Jo B1 Kenobi and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  17. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    The trailer was great. I love how the big three of the sequel trilogy are finally all together this time.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Jo B1 Kenobi and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  18. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    There is an official teaser poster, which can be found at https://www.starwars.com/news/swcc-...rom-the-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-panel . It is nothing fancy right now though, just the title.

19. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Will not watch it. It's a spoiler for me. I want to go in completely blind. So far I've successfully avoided spoilers for every Disney era Star Wars movie.

DARTH_BELO and Darth Buzz like this.
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    That was close. I was almost spoiled this morning. With tomorrow being Star Wars Day, they were discussing the trailer on the news this morning as I turned the TV on and they were just cutting to the clip. I was able to mute the TV, close my eyes and change the channel before I saw anything.

DARTH_BELO and Darth Buzz like this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Man, I gotta say I applaud your willpower! I would NOT be able to go without even watching the trailer!

I am impressed with how hushed and closed off they've kept everything re: the production TBH. It makes it easy for those like myself who don't mind seeing trailers/magazine articles etc. but don't want to be TOO spoiled.

As with the others, I will likely migrate here once we get the 2nd trailer (in fall I'm guessing). That's when things really start loosening up........

22. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I have done my best to stay spoiler free up to this point. I saw an item that leaked back in March on accident, but other than that I have stayed clear of most things. I watched the teaser, and will definitely watch the trailer once it comes out in October. I've seen some headlines that might have gave away small details, but I would say I am 98% spoiler free at this point. I have no idea on any of the plot or where the story is going lol.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Honestly though, that could really be said for anyone in general at this point-even amongst those who don't mind spoilers...

24. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    The willpower to resist any spoilers is easy for me. The hard part is, once things start getting released, being able to avoid the stories and reports. Avoiding sources that may have spoilers in the titles of their articles. I find I do a lot of unfollowing this time of year.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm not at my spoiler line just yet although my trips to the SA forum will probably start becoming less frequent although bring on the Vanity Fair article, I have every one so far basically

Darth Buzz likes this.