main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I would love to see a Ewan-Kenobi show and even be down for a Solo show.

Bor Mullet and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Disney is too smart not to greenlight a Ewan McGregor Kenobi Mini-Series for their streaming service; especially when Ewan has already said he wants to do it. I don't think there is any doubt it is coming.

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Thing is, if the Cassian show's that far off in terms of airing, we'll be waiting a while for whatever comes next.

Not so big a deal with Obi-Wan, you've got a large window of time to play with in-universe, but guess Alden's not that far off Harrison's age circa ANH. Probably wouldn't want to wait 5-6-7 years with him, you'd want to do that sooner rather than later. Still, while I think the Obi-Wan show's probably next after Cassian, wouldn't surprise me if Solo gets one either even if it's not strictly "Solo" but more "gangster war with Solo & Chewie as two leads among many" type of thing.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Except no official announcement yet. That is still needed for 100% certainty.

Blobofat and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think this could be a cracker of a show if done well!

6. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yeah. But I'm not worried......Yet. ;)

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe they could shoehorn Maul and the Crimson Dawn into ? Have it be that the Crimson Dawn is starting a gang war, and it's coming to Tatooine. Especially the Mos Eisley area. He hears rumors about a horned warrior with a double blade lightsaber leading them and he's afraid that Maul will detect him or worse... Luke. So he goes on another galactic adventure to stop the Crimson Dawn. Have it end in a way so the casual watchers will think that Maul is dead while the hardcore fans will know that he survived into Rebels.

(Yes the only reason I'm suggesting this is because I'm really desperate for a resolution to Maul and the Crimson Dawn [face_laugh])

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  8. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    An Obi-wan series and/or movie has so much potential I can't see how Disney wouldn't be looking at it. I think the vast majority of fans would welcome it and it would also give another chance to give Vader some more screentime before the inevitable happens and Vader has to get a new voice.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kenobi cannot leave Tatooine. He cannot even use the Force in the open if at all around witnesses especially otherwise it draw the Empire and the Sith. He's guarding Luke, that is his prime only real mission or priority, and that is one of the main things probably preventing an Obi-Wan movie from happening is the setting and timeline. Filoni blew that chance with Twin Suns in one of the crappiest duels on screen and waste of the Darth Maul character just cause at the time they had no idea what to do with the character and it was a loose end from TCW and he wanted to end the character on Rebels. Things changed since SOLO, so either they have to work around it or ignore it or do something interesting like what Marvel does .

We'd probably be bored to death watching an aging Kenobi on Tatooine battling old age pains, depression, living a life of seclusion, poverty, the elements and the occasional bandit or Imperial where he's forced to act despite the dangers and it took a lot to get him out in the open - even for Maul who forced him out. At least how the way things are right now. its more drama than high adventure and action. So I don't see a movie, perhaps a TV series where it may win awards , so you never know, but it may not be what we would really expect and want. Kenobi just isnt a man of action post ROTS.

We're left with material from Twin Suns, The Journals of Ben Kenobi and From a Certain Point of View to basically full up Ben Kenobi's life post ROTS .

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  10. Zodiac5

Zodiac5 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2019
    I wonder though if they do decide to have them face of again in a Kenobi series or have Maul face someone else in another series how will they end Maul in a way that's satisfying to casual watcher but doesn't contradict the canon since he's shown alive in Rebels :confused:

If they just show him surviving the end of the Crimson Dawn then casuals will wonder what happened to him and you shouldn't have to watch a 60+ episodic series to find out the fate of a now movie character (Yes Maul was a always a movie character but I mean in the way that his resurrection wasn't a movie thing til SOLO). But if they show him dying then it will go against canon so the only choice they have is make it ambigious I guess ? Have it end in an explosion or something. People who don't watch the cartoons will think ''oh so that's how he dies'' while fans will think ''Well he survived that ;)''

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I hear faint rumblings about this.

12. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    anything more substantial than the rumblings from the past few months/years?

The day this series gets officially announced will be a day long remembered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I love the idea of an Obi-Wan TV show. But they're crazy if they don't get Ewan McGregor to play Obi-Wan. Especially since he's said he wants to.

I'm a bit dubious about this "6 episodes" stuff, though. For some reason that reminds me a lot of the crap that got pulled on Firefly.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What six episodes stuff? Thus far, all we know is that The Mandalorian will feature eight episodes a season.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Screw six episodes! I want at least five whole seasons or I boycott! :obiwan:

Baron_Papanerd and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If it’s not 22 episodes a season, I’m asking for my childhood back.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    To me that seems like a good place to have the mid season break. ;)

Demon4x4 and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    44 episodes, Lucasfilm, or I’ll start a hugely popular podcast that’s exclusively about criticizing Ryan Church’s artwork.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, this is something I would totally love to see and you just know that a live action Kenobi vs Maul rematch is something audiences would love to see.

20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I'd way prefer no contact between Maul & Obi until Rebels, personally.

cwustudent and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I wouldn’t mind if they just shot a live action version of the Rebels scene. Though I don’t need it. I’d rather they go with a new story and leave Maul out of it.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Leave Maul for a live action Qi'ra show. Kenobi should be full on Kurosawa meets Deadwood.

Demon4x4 and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just bumping this thread so that @Darth Chiznuk momentarily thinks he missed an announcement while he was out. [face_devil]

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean, IGN India is saying it's happening. Can't get more legit than that.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "According to the report, there is no confirmation on announcing the series, or if it will be announced at Star Wars Celebration, though this one is happening and will go into production."
    [face_dunno]