main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Huh? Those are blue.

2. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    i just happy to see the Pykes.

Glorious spice facility, is that you?
    [​IMG]

Watto and TetsuAero like this.
  3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    So is it possible that they combined both the Coruscant arcs into one?

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014
    I doubt any of the actual Sith shrine stuff will be involved, but it definitely seems like the character journey Ahsoka would've had across those two arcs will now happen across just the one.

As an aside, based on the concept art shown in the panel, Bad Batch is production codes 101-104, Ahsoka's Walkabout is 105-108 and Siege of Mandalore is 109-112. Bad Batch and Walkabout are switched relative to their originally intended production order, which makes me wonder if the rewritten Walkabout will lead immediately into the events of Siege...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  5. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    It seems Ahsoka's arc will lead somewhat into The Siege of Mandalore as we can se Bo during scenes from Ahsoka's Walkabout.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Wild speculation on my part, but is it possible some of these episodes are longer than 20 minutes and might include multiple episodes worth of content?

A streamlined version of the story that's regular length is still more likely.

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    The arcs that are still not...

8. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Part of me wants to think that you're just referencing the fact that there are still arcs that won't be made. That would be fair, because there still seems to be quite a bit of material left over from the show.

But knowing how you've been acting since the trailer released, I think you're trying to say that the arcs we're getting aren't "really" the arcs.

9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014
    It'll be interesting to see how the events of Son of Dathomir will be accounted for, considering the last time a casual viewer saw Maul he was captured by Palpatine. My understanding is that retconning SOD out of existence would be discouraged under the current Story Group mindset?

I wonder if they might animate a few key shots and briefly cover the events of SOD in a newsreel sequence?

10. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    I'm hoing they will include the animatics for Ahsoka's arc with Nyx on the eventual Blu-ray.

Still psyched about the episodes though! Seeing all the locations from concept art come to life is amazing. Like the restaurant with the surrounding water. :)

11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    SOD is too important a part of the story to drop. For one thing it explains more fully how Maul survived Naboo. It also has the payoff for why Darth Sidious didn't kill Maul as soon as he showed up again. The entire store was fascinating and I really liked seeing the Sith work together against a challenging non-Jedi foe.

12. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014
    My dream scenario would be a tie-in release (either on SW.com or as a Blu-ray bonus) of the Boba Fett finale arc story reels. We know that a good deal of the final voice work for that was completed - maybe they could've finished it off during the studio time for the revival?

With Ahsoka, Maul and Ventress all getting their stories finished via episode adaptations and/or the revival, Boba feels like the one remaining big recurring character with an unfinished journey...

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would go even further and argue it's way too important to be relegated to a newsreel/flashbacks. It is the resolution of the Sidious vs Talzin chess match. All the big players from the Sith and Nightsisters (minus Ventress), and even several key Jedi, are involved. It's essential we see this story animated at some point.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  14. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Chris Glenn updated his portfolio with some more unreleased concept art.
    There's some designs for the Tusken Shaman
    Art for the hallway in Jabba's Palace. Most likely for the BH arc. (The hallway was not visible in the film to clarify)
    Interior of the Snailtank (Kashyyyk arc?)
    Art for the ship and escape pods that Obi-Wan and Anakin uses in Crystal Crisis to get aboard the Separatist ship.

https://cglenn.com/star-wars

Jesta', podjazd, Gudenruben2 and 4 others like this.
  15. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Am I wrong?

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Bounty Hunters, Maul and Mandalore is what I wanted. Not more clone stories.

But I’m still looking forward to the new episodes.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We knew pretty much since the trailer that Bad Batch would be one of the arcs

TetsuAero likes this.
  18. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I think Bad Batch was chosen because, in the story of the war, it is a fairly massive conflict (clones vs droids) and they wanted at least one more of those to show us the war at its peak (aside from Mandalore). It wouldn't be my first choice storywise, but in retrospect it's going to be a visual spectacle I look forward to seeing completed.

I wanted to see the Sith Underground Temple arc, but if Filoni chose the remaining 8 episodes, he won't use those slots without reason. To him, this is the finale of the series. I have no doubt he will do it justice.

The Bounty Hunters arc would be cool to see, but it's one of the more shaky ones in potential current canon because they may want to change the fate of some characters (I believe early rumors pointed towards a possible end for Aurra Sing in the arc, but she has a different Fate thanks to dialogue from Solo, for example) or develop the story a different way.

Outside of that? I'd only want animated Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir. The rest can probably round out the story and complete it as is.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    cwustudent likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I also wanted the Mon Cala arc, which was apparently another Padmé/Anakin centric arc. The Yoda/Bad Batch on Kashyyyk arc sounded also very interesting, it could have tied directly to RotS.

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Won’t lie, was disappointed when they announced Bad Batch would be one of the arcs. Nothing against the arc and it will look great finished but was hoping they’d just reused some shots for the SDCC teaser and we’d get 3 all new arcs.

Series looks amazing though, so happy we’re finally getting Siege of Mandalore. CW trailer was the one thing at Celebration that actually put a tear in my eye. It looks amazing.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Bad Batch is by far the least interesting thread, in my view. But looking forward to everything else. And maybe Bad Batch will surprise me.

Darkslayer and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. StarWarsNewbieNumber99

StarWarsNewbieNumber99 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2019
    I agree with you, Mr. Lynne. That Clone Wars Season 7 trailer from Celebration and I am so looking forward to experience the last of that series when they debut on Disney Plus either at the end of 2019 (as reported by Entertainment Weekly) or early 2020 (as indicated by CNBC). Hilarious, yet sad, that some people are making so much effort of hating on it because they can’t accept 1 or 2 changes (such as Nyx being taken out for the two sisters) yet fail to realize that it will retain a majority of what Lucas planned in his DNA of the story before he retired.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    cwustudent and ChrisLyne like this.
  23. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Any change is a breaker, the only thing I was open to was additions.

Don't worry, we're probably only getting 3 episodes of The Bad Batch (essentially Clone Wars Lite). You have 4~5 episodes of appropriated Clone Wars material and 4 episodes of Rebels prequel to savor. Hope you enjoy it, Dave has said he just wants to get away from Clone Wars, so it's probably all your getting.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  24. StarWarsNewbieNumber99

StarWarsNewbieNumber99 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2019
    Mod EDIT: Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2019
  25. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    That's funny