main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think I stayed in that Marriott when I was there.

2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Other than the Hotels directly across or near the convention center, any other recommendations for hotels in the area?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    If you can afford it (or, like me, have Disney Vacation Club membership) then the Disney resorts are nice. If you're wanting to know about the area hotels, my best advice would be to use tripadvisor.com and be sure to look at a map of the area so you know what is within a mile or two. I doubt there will be transportation to/from the hotels like there was in Chicago, but the area is very walkable and the weather is likely to be a little more pedestrian friendly than Chicago.

darthvader88 likes this.
  4. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So Friday is when the Hotel block becomes availible..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yep.

I’m not really too concerned this year. Unless you want a connected hotel there will be plenty available come August even if you don’t get one through the block. And as much as I loved being connected this year I’m planning a split stay with Disneyland so something between the two suits me just fine.

Of course if I can get a good rate on a connected room I won’t say no :p

darthvader88 likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    @ChrisLyne: The Hilton and Marriot aren't connected in the way that the hotels were at McCormick or in Orlando with an actual entry hallway into the convention center directly from the hotel. It's more that they are located directly across from the face of the convention center, I'd say no more than 50 feet away, and are a part of the whole complex with the same courtyard/outside area connecting them all. Not to mention that there are another handful of hotels located directly behind the Hilton and Marriot that are still within the same broader complex and feel just as connected to it all, all of them situated within a quarter mile of the convention center. I'll take a more in depth look in a day or two to get all the facts straight and provide more details and list what those hotels are specifically. I'll be in that area on Wed morning, so I I'll stop by there and take some pictures of everything I'm referring to and upload them as well.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That would be really great of you!

I stayed at the Hilton the last tme, but I also remember that there were a lot of hotels nearby, but I don't remember their names.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  8. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I also stayed at the Marriott for the first Anaheim too, all the big hotels are walking distance to the con. center. no tunnels or walkways, just pavement outside. and Disneyland across the street from them-almost. the gut trucks are walking distance too, I bet they will be there!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  10. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Do we know exactly what time the hotel blocks will open on Friday? Same as tickets? The Hotel page just says "stay tuned"

11. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    An hour after tickets.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    very good! but let's hope things don't get clogged up and "bumpy".

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It looks like OnPeak is not being used this time around. It looks like a company called Connections Housing. Hopefully they make it clear ahead of time if you need a login ID like you did for OnPeak.

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/About/Travel/Hotels/

Btw, I got those pictures earlier today. When I settle in tonight I'll make a descriptive post about all the most immediate surrounding hotels.

Amon_Amarth and ChrisLyne like this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Does this mean no more walking dude?

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Guess we'll see. He might come at you when you least expect.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I was planning on hopping in the queue just to see him.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Anyone know anything about this Connections Housing? Does it work the same way OnPeak does? I won't have to pay for my room upfront will I?

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I dont know anything, but I can't imagine them charging you upfront.

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I hope not :p Will have to save a few more weeks to have enough. Me and the wife have been trying to not use credit anymore unless it's an emergency.

20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I didn't realize you and him were that tight.

I just hope I don't get all the way to the end, right at the point of booking, only for it to bring up a page that says "If you have not registered an account, please do so here". I hope they make that clear ahead of time whether or not we need to do that.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, we spent so much time together last year. It'd be good to catch up.

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    @ChrisLyne might have different sentiments.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    He's just jealous.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm planning a party for his retirement [face_party]

25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    So here is the link to a photo album I made of all the most immediate surrounding hotels to the convention center. All of these hotels are within the same broader complex I had mentioned before, all within the same block and more or less connected to the convention center, by way of whichever driveway or parking lot is closest to it. The names of the hotels are all listed as you go down image by image. There's a few I specifically state are across the street from the main connected block of hotels and convention center, but are perfectly close as well.

Edit: I don't know why it isn't just posting the link to the album. Just click on the grey area of that image I guess and it'll take you there.

For more reference: https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...3098ed202e68c!8m2!3d33.7999308!4d-117.9205064

When looking at this map, the area I focused on would be to the right of the convention center, as you can see the Hilton and Marriot, and then going further out. All of those hotels in that immediate vicinity are in that same block. When you zoon in and see Hotel Way and Convention Center Way, those aren't actual streets, just driveways to get around the whole complex. Those few other hotels that I listed are just across Harbor. And another couple across Katella at the top of that map.

Also worth mentioning, on the other side of the convention center, to the left if you are looking at that map, but still on the same block, another hotel is being built called the Westin Anaheim Resort. They look about a third of the way done, and I'd imagine it could be open before Celebration. I didn't really go on that side of the convention center.. But there are a couple of others there, in addition to the one being built.

So again, any of these hotels on this block are literally right there next to the convention center. Within feet. Beyond that, there are still a whole host of hotels that are perfectly within walking distance and aren't more than a block or two.

If you have any more questions let me know.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019