main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever get a new release of this show, seeing as the show was made by Cartoon Network Studios, as opposed to Lucasfilm Animation. Would be cool if Lucasfilm tried to strike some sort of deal, but I don't think they even care about this show at this point. Quite sad, really.

2. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017

Is the fact that it was a Cartoon Network production a hurdle in some legal sense, or just in that Lucasfilm maybe doesn't care about it?

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  3. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    I imagine it's a little of both. Lucasfilm and Disney probably aren't interested in buying a cartoon from a rival company. TCW was different in that, while it aired on CN and other Turner networks, it was created in house at LFL. As for them not caring about it, they have pretty much ignored the show since TCW began airing. I believe LFL even asked companies like Hasbro back around 2010 to not make anymore products related to the original show. It seems like the show is just sort of tied up due to licensing. LFL isn't interested in buying it, and CN can't do anything with a show based on a license they don't work with anymore.

4. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    Hmm. I do recall that Lego made at least one set based on the show--Anakin's starfighter, a couple of years ago. But that might be the outlier.

It's interesting, just the state of mind in Star Wars. Other...franchises or properties seem more willing to embrace their past and offer products to fans, I guess. I would like to think that the potential to make money--which is a desire that Lucasfilm and CN no doubt both share--might eventually lead them to give it another release.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  5. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    I think it'll get a new release eventually, but it will be awhile until then. Lucasfilm seems to have their hands full with new Star Wars TV projects. Rebels Season 4, The Forces of Destiny mini series, an inevitable future Star Wars cartoon, and finishing the untold stories of TCW seem to be taking priority over re-releasing older shows. They haven't even done anything with the 40 episodes of Star Wars: Detours they shelved after the Disney acquisition.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The real questions is, when we will get the full Droid and Ewok Adventures on blu-ray :p

7. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I watched this recently and really enjoyed it. One of my favorite parts was the little interlude on Ilum.

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    One thing I really like from this was Ventress' fan ship. It had a very cool and unique design, and I really wish that it had been her signature ship in TCW, though it was cool when it showed up in Nightsisters.

9. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Loved this Show! Combined with all the Clone Wars Novels and Comics which were released between 2002 and 2005 this made the waiting für Ep III easier and harder at the same time.

I was very fond of the Knightning Scene of Anakin and would LOVE a new Canon Story of this Event!

Count Yubnub and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I would like to see Mat Lucas return as Anakin in something again. He really just disappeared after voicing Anakin in the original Battlefront II.

This show and the CW Adventure Comics were amazing.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  11. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Agreed he did a good job on the show. And he voiced Anakin in the Ep III game too. He captured Haydens troubled Anakin very good. In the end Iam happy with what Matt Lantner added to the character with TCW. I think ML wouldnt be able to that range of characterisation. I think he was considered for the TCW part too but was replaced with ML soon after production started.

Deliveranze likes this.
  12. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I think both do different things better. Lanter is better at capturing the heroic Anakin, but I find some of his angry delivery lines a bit forced compared to Lucas, who just kept an undercurrent of that angst throughout.

Jedi Knight Fett and KyleKartan like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    thread bump realizes that I should give this series a rewatch since I have both Vol on DVD and apparently it's now a rarity.

(holy heck, just saw Vol 1 for 80 bucks on Amazon and Vol 2 for 200+ dollars! And Ebay has them for 2 and 25 dollars which is significantly less. That Vol 2 does bump up higher though)

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    It is rare due to being out of print. All the more reason to re-release it on Blu-Ray! Come on Disney I know you lovehate the idea of making people happy by releasing your numerous animated TV shows on home video!

15. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    I'm also patiently awaiting the blu ray release, so it can replace my DVD copies. Same for Ewok Adventures, Freemakers season 2, Droids, Ewoks, etc...

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    bringing it back because I did a rewatch and some of it is now implied to be canon. Damn this series aged well, so enjoyable. The art style is nostalgic. The sound design is top notch. The writing is great. So many iconic moments. Yoda going force unleashed is something I wish could be in Season 7 of the 2008 iteration, though I know it's not necessary for that plot.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To be fair I think he won’t be as you have TCW Anakin which way more people know and get Nostalgia over.

19. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yeah. I doubt it. He hasnt done anything SW related since 2008 I think. If not him, hopefully Hayden in the Kenobi show.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sha'a Gi transcends such pithy constructs as canon.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It would be such a missed opportunity for him to not appear

Deliveranze likes this.
  22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Shaak Ti's fight with grievous has been canon for a while, but its still cool to hear it in TCW since source books tend to be overlooked by writers.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    It's funny, until you realize how many facts they got wrong (like saying this series was post-PT, when it was made & released before ROTS came out).

Deliveranze likes this.
  24. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yeah, and that it was prelude for TCW movie when it was prelude to ROTS. At most, this microseries was a prelude to TCW as a full-fledged show.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'd understood there was no real connection between the microseries and the later TCW series. The former was made between AOTC and ROTS, while the later series came after ROTS. The TCW movie was basically the first three episodes of the series edited together and theatrically released as a preview of the later series. I may be mistaken, though.