main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing an Imperial Army based show similar to the brilliant fan-made I.M.P.s, may be narrowing it down to a combat vehicle and it's crew.
    [​IMG]

Take a conscientious commander in the mould of Agent Kallus and Finn, a fanatical crew chief, a few more just trying to get through the war
    alive. Put them in the midst of some of the most brutal battles of the Imperial war machine faced... Mimban, Yavin IV, Hoth, Tatooine, Jakku.
    Constructed similar to Band of Brothers and The Pacific, where each individual episode represents either an event such as training or a battle.

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Walkers. Yes.

I'd love a whole extended episode inside an AT-AT from Star Destroyer, to drop from orbit, the run in to a target while being blasted at by speeders.
    A Jedi trying to cut through the armor.
    Surviving the crash as the knees of the Walker getting shot out.

Could be fun

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Siphonophore and Django Fett like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    We've never really seen or explored these goliath battle machines, they could be not only a machine of war but home to their crews. I was going to call it Walker 7, but I think they'd be assigned a different Walker after #7 gets disabled.

Colin Salmon as the conscientious Commander of AT-AT #7
    [​IMG]
    James Maddio as the fanatical Imperial Crew Chief
    [​IMG]

Siphonophore and GregMcP like this.
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Keeping Up With The Kowakians - A Star Wars Series

GregMcP, EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Has anyone suggested having Star Wars Knight Errant be moved to just after episode 9?

The Unknown Regions hides many secrets how about a Sith Empire isolated from the Known Galaxy for say back from the Old Republic when Mortis sealed it away.
    Following episode 9 research in to the Unknown Regions reveals there's a Sith Empire out there responsible for Snoke and how they toppled the New Republic in an effort to eventually lower the barrier allowing that Sith Empire to regain access to the Known Galaxy and basically walk over any surviving opposition...

So the Republic and perhaps the Resistance begin operations to scout out this menacing new foe resulting in an ST version of the Star Wars Knight Errant series.

Now imagine that as a live action series!

Would that be any good to you?

Or a series set at the start of the Clone Wars from the viewpoint of a Separatist world?
    First season introduces the cast we learn how Dooku arranged the start of the war causing the Separatist Alliance to go to war with the Republic after the battle on Geonosis is used as evidence of the Republic committing an unprovoked attack after all two jedi and a Republic Senator were caught infiltrating the world.
    Attempts to try and reason with both allies and the Republic fail as both Dooku's allies and the Republic deliberately insure they don't work.
    Reveal the Jedi aren't all as good as those we 've seen from the movies and animated series.
    One of the Separatist characters is the orphaned son of a former Jedi who was killed by fellow Jedi who objected to him leaving to raise his son who they consider as dangerous to their order.
    So I picture a sort of Star Wars version of Game of Thrones except it starts off with the war starting and their home being eventually overwhelmed quite probably used as a deliberate sacrifice by Dooku to ensure the war continues.
    Second season deals with them having barely survived the fall of their home and forced to work as mercenaries or allying with those who treat them as cannon fodder until they had enough and the core group begins to fight back leading to them participating in the battle of Coruscant for example.
    Third season deals with the aftermath what with Dooku dying and the eventual shut down of the droid armies leaving them almost helpless.
    IT should become very desperate until the climax whilst their core force is either killed or surrenders some escape the resulting carnage as most are killed, imprisoned or enslaved serving as a potential last episode in case it isn't renewed.
    If a fourth season happens its revealed a few escaped to rebuild their lives surviving in the Dark Times and former allies have been turned into Imperial Operatives sent to deal with the remaining Separatist Cells and of course the burgeoning Rebels.
    The highlight is the reveal of some unexpected survivors who team up for once last time before their actions bring the Empire down on them managing one last victory of sorts before most are killed whether by being betrayed or deliberately sacrificing themselves to save others.
    Ultimately a few maybe two of three survive by the end which should lead up to the OT era.
    A fifth season should be set shortly after ROTJ and deal with the next generation coping with the end of the Empire eventually cameoing the surviving cast whether as now former Imperial or former Separatist-Rebels, etc.
    Maybe a crossover with the Mandalorian to emphasise its the same era.

Ah never mind its insane enough as it is!

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
    GregMcP and Darth Nave like this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'd like an anthology series, each episode taking place wherever and whenever and whatever style the director of the episode wants.

Each episode starts with big text over a planet.
    eg, 10 BBY

Largely scooting around the known history of Star Wars, but occasionally surprising everyone with a
    1,000 ABY or 10,000 BBY
    To tell a story completely outside the viewers comfort zone

OrganicMeatbag, B3 and Demon4x4 like this.
  7. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Could be a cool idea, yeah. Little self-contained snippets into various periods and locations, one-off short stories.

8. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I'd like a TV series set on Hosnian Prime. Maybe about the New Republic Navy or the Senate and how corrupt it really is.

Hopeless likes this.
  9. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    The last season of Game of Thrones seem to be disliked by everybody... do you think Weiss and Benioff will still be asked to make the Old Republic TV series?

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They were never asked to make a TV series. It was announced from the very beginning as a film series. And according to Iger their film is up next in 2022.

11. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    Wow! KK must really, really hate Star Wars!

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt it.

Jedi Knight Fett and EHT like this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Was only thinking about this today. That could solve the conundrum of Obi-Wan on Tatooine. Not enough interest for a Movie, not enough material for a series.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I don't know if I posted my idea in this thread, but how about 3 shows about the 501st legion like The Marvel cinematic universe sytle. Not course not marvel itself but the three shows would take place in different parts of the timeline.

One would between Revenge of the Sith and A new Hope,. The second would take place around the classic Trilogy Ra, and third, take place after Return of the Jedi and before the force awakens.

Thank how much potential those shows could have,^:)^:eek:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I want a Poe and Finn live action series set after TROS. Maybe Poe trains Finn and they become pilots for the New New Republic or something. I just want more Poe and Finn.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m about as interested in stories from the “Imperial perspective” as I am about stories from the Nazi perspective.

First of all, that’s not true. Once again, a loud, angry, annoying contingent on social media is driving a false narrative that everyone hated the final season of GoT. I found it elegiac, poetic, bittersweet. Especially episodes 2, 3 and 6.

Secondly, Benioff and Weiss are leading a Star Wars film series, not TV. And there’s no confirmation that it’s Old Republic. Though if it is, they’re brilliant choices to helm it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Give me a series based on Twilight Company. You know those guys saw some serious stuff during the GCW. Always wondered if they were at Jakku.

18. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Underword: My pitch

The three principals are Ahsoka Tano, Boba Fett, and Darth Maul

Three seasons, season 1 spans from 19-16 BBY, season 2 spans from 13-10 BBY and Season 3 spans from 8-5 BBY.

The pilot will be a live action adaptation of the Clone Wars Finale ("Siege of Mandalore"), while Maul's arc for the rest of Season 1 ewill be told a la The Godfather Part II, where we see his early life while also watching Ahsoka's adventures and Boba's transition into the bounty hunter we know, including the demise of his crime syndicate from The Clone Wars. Possible adaptation of the novel Ahsoka.
    Season 2 gives Obi-Wan an arc on Tatooine, adapting what would have been Kenobi: A Star Wars Story, while following Maul's criminal Empire that we see in Solo, as well as Ahsoka's efforts as Fulcrum to gather allies against the Empire. Boba Fett will continue to undergo missions, maybe he crosses paths with Obi-Wan. Quinlan Vos' fate is also revealed, as well as his ties to Dryden Vos.

Season 3 ties in with Rogue One, Rebels, and Solo all at once. Solo's loose ends are tied here as we see the fate of Maul's criminal empire as well as the story of Han and Qi'ra come to a conclusion. We also see Jyn Erso's backstory with Saw Gerrera and Ahsoka and Rex's continued rebellion. Boba Fett and Han Solo cross paths for the first time.

My entire plan for this is much more elaborate, these are just the basics.

Iron_lord and Darth Nave like this.
  19. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Disney+ Star Wars Series

1. The Mandalorian
    2. Untitled Cassian Andor Series
    3. Untitled Obi Wan Kenobi Series

What's next?
    Hopefully :

4. Solo Series

What else do you guys have in mind? :)

black_saber likes this.
  20. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    VADER! From his perspective. Really at any point from the end of ROTS onward.
    • NO reoccurring HEROES for people to root for and writers to attach themselves to.
    • Vader and his apprentices and whatever other subservient beings Vader needs to help handle his business, together with the Empire that rebelliously dances to his tune.
    • Some Xizor, Thrawn types could work hand in hand with Vader, but the focus is always Vader.
    • Chasing rebels and Jedi would be an ongoing adventure
    • Actual heroes (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewy, etc) would not ever actually appear, but could be referred to since we know what happens.
    • Lots of star destroyer and tie fighter battles; lots of breaking up small, independent smuggling and slave trade operations;
    • Bring out his skill and leadership with his 501st and on the Executor or whatever destroyer he commands, highlighting the respect his personal troops have for him and the disdain higher ranking military and other troops have for him.
    • Perhaps defying Sidious at times (i.e., going after Jabba and the Hutts.)
    • Some scenes of trying to vanquish Jedi ideals while exploring the dark side and his inevitable inability to do this. Padme, etc.
    • I'd like Sidious to be the respectful teacher/clear master he was in the movies and books like Lords of the Sith, rather than the hateful, jealous, overtly backstabbing version in other books.
    This would be THE series.

DarthSprinkles likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A Food Network style cooking programme: At Homestead With Beru.

With random offcamera muttering and abuse hurling from her miserable husband.

22. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    The Rise from Ashes (A Star Wars Horror Story)

First season: An ancient artifact uncovered containing vestige of Talzin’s essence and brought aboard the Imperial Star Destroyer Malfeasance. Proximity of live bodies allows her to slowly absorb their energy, manipulate their wills, and finally claim the ship, leaving behind only the few scarred passengers that make it to an escape pod.

Second season: a band of hunters discover the source of her power on Dathomir and attempt to make their way through her defenses, both living and dead, to destroy her once and for all, while she re-animates the long dead of Dathomir, only to come upon her new ‘nightsisters,’ drawn by her mentally calling out with promises of power. The intrepid adventurers meet their doom at last as the sisters draw them close enough to the source for Talzin to absorb their essence and become corporeal once more.

Season three: Talzin, born anew, and surrounded by faithful disciples of the dark arts, descend upon Dooku’s heirs on Sorenno, haunting its inhabitants while slowly wiping out the populace. She then claims Sorenno as a second seat of power, so that they might never be wiped out so easily again, and reinstating the nightsisters to glory.

DarthSprinkles likes this.
  23. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Put me in the camp that wants a live action series set in the old Old Republic era. Doesn't have to be anything related to KOTOR or anything, just the era of thousands of Jedi and thousands of Sith. I wanna see loads of lightsabers of all colors fighting everyone else. Also seems like a great way to have something very Star Wars without anything remotely related to the Skywalker Saga at all.

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I was just watching a video of unfinished TCW season 7 stuff, and I saw that the Bad Batch clones are in the Kashyyyk arc. Then it hit me - since they're not finishing it for season 7, wouldn't it be great if there was a live action miniseries adaptation? The Bad Batch clones work perfectly for live action because they're not identical and they don't need to all look like Temuera Morrison did 15 years ago. One could be played by Morrison, one could be played by Daniel Logan, one by Bodie Taylor.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  25. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    A Sidious series focusing on his life from childhood to death and beyond.

We will see his childhood and training with Darth Plagueis. His rise in politics , training of Maul , killing of Plagueis and a more in depth look at his manipulation of the clone wars.
    We will then move on to his reign as emperor and see him researching dark side lore.
    And finally see how he survived ROTJ and how he manipulated ( if he did) the events of the sequels.

Lucas once planned a series where Palpatine had a love interest that screwed him over . Perhaps that can be incorporated into this series.

Ian Mcdiarmid will return as Palpatine , but there will be other actors playing the younger Palpatine.

I would love such a series.