main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Rise of Skywalker soundtrack discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Seagoat, Mar 2, 2018.

1. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Marked. :)

Oscar winner potential?

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    christophero30 likes this.
  2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I hope Williams really does pull a masterpiece out of the bag. I can't think of any memorable pieces from The Last Jedi, but I do like Rey's theme from The Force Awakens. I think that some of the Williams' magic made it into that theme, it's great. "The Scavenger" is the best track on the soundtrack. If he aims for this kind of quality, then it should be very good indeed.

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Not sure if JW has an ESB in him at this point. But you never know. The man is the greatest, but he is also in his 80s.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope he pulls all the stops for this one. Or I will cry very loudly in the theater.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I hope he does not end Ep. 9 with yet another slight variation of Binary Sunset.

Bacon164, Jediking97, sethg and 2 others like this.
  6. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I'm not sure there's really any other way for him to end it, honestly...

cratylus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    disco Star Wars?

8. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    In a surprise move, Williams will reprise Fanfare for Michael Dukakis

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Seem's like a lock IMO

Bacon164 likes this.
  10. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I honestly cant't wait for this score. Iam sure Williams will use anything in his book to make this very last score Special and outstanding. Please more Rey Theme, more Kylo Theme, more Jedi Steps (I think Jedi Steps is one of the most unique pieces of Music in all SW and deserves another epic return after it was played out in TFA and was lightly used in TLJ).

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    There are many other ways to end it. And don't get me wrong, I am not saying don't end it with the Force theme. I am just saying we need some other arrangement of that. It would be really lame to have like five of the films all end with the same music.

Bacon164 and sethg like this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah Jedi Steps is masterful and has been great as something used sparingly. Now is the time to bring it home

KyleKartan likes this.
  13. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    With the actors talking about the film being emotional, I can only think about what John Williams is going to deliver here. I really hope that he goes out with a bang and delivers something special. The Revenge of the Sith soundtrack is his best work IMO, and that was when he thought the saga was concluding. Since this really is the end for John Williams and Star Wars together, I can only imagine that he is going to go out with some amazing work.

Darthman92, Jediking97 and KyleKartan like this.
  14. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-will-include-every-theme-that-you-ever-heard

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Score Will Include 'Every Theme That You Ever Heard'

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Awesome post. Thanks for the info!

16. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    But obviously, don't take it literally. "Every theme you ever heard" should be, most probably, "most of the themes you ever heard".

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I don't expect to hear Anakin's Theme again, but I'd be far from angry to hear it. Its an absolute lullaby. Okay, there'll be heaps of musical callbacks. Williams usually offers something new, too. I'd like a song that connects Rey and Ben, like Across the Stars or Luke & Leia.
    Edit: If Williams actually reprises every theme, does that mean Jar Jar is returning, too?! [face_laugh]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I took his comment to be slightly hyperbolic. I am sure he just means there are a great many uses of existing thematic material from all of the films.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Not sure about the length but holy heck, I am so stoked to hear Duel of the Fates again.

20. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Honestly, I keep getting a strong feeling we will hear the throne room finale towards the end of this one...

It WOULD be fitting-the end of the first SW saga film featured this one, how great would it be if we came full circle and the LAST SW saga film ended with it too! IMO it would be the perfect score for the last iris out. Or at least a modified/enhanced version of it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Sarge likes this.
  21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Give me this soundtrack right now please!

themoth likes this.
  22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Rey’s theme is beautiful and Kylo’s theme is badass. I’m also a fan of the Ahch-To theme, ‘The Spark’ and ‘March of the Resistance’.

Strilo and DarthBray like this.
  23. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Yes, it's really nice. He did a really great job with the melody and arrangement of that theme and as a leitmotif it goes really well with Rey as a character. It has this determined, yet playful quality to it. I think that it is one of his cleverest themes of all, and it is obviously among stiff competition.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    themoth likes this.
  24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    For sure. All of those are excellent.

themoth likes this.
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Kylo’s theme is so simple but instantly recognisable and familiar. The rendition near the end of Revisiting Snoke is my favourite.