main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek Medical mayhem, prompt challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 9, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And now for some more training

Ribbon in the Sky

“Twelve out,” Kyle was looking down the ramp of the transport, his face covered with a mask. That was connected to a hose leading to the oxygen-supply.

The instructor was following the last of the trainees. Ten trainees had jumped out and were now connecting under the guidance of the two instructors.

“It’s like a ribbon in the sky,” Nick – face visible behind a mask – smiled when the string was complete.

“For only a few minutes of free fall,” Kyle pushed the button to close the ramp. And with the ramp beginning to close he continued “at 2000 they have to deploy their parachutes.”

“And with transporter-control as their back-up we hopefully have no accident like last time,” Nick became serious when he remembered. “That prompted us to give them communicators linked to control.”

“They will be back and waiting on the grinder for new instructions before we do,” Kyle sat down and secured his harness. "No atom-scrambler for us but a nice ride in this plane."

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a unique use of the prompt and happy they have back-ups in place just in case there's a 'chute mishap :oops:

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and now

Soft epilogue

“It pays to be a winner,” Jack was slapping Pete on his back.

Pete was holding hands with Jonas.

“But it did take some time,” Dick turned to face the three. He was sitting on the opposite tube of the IBS with Carl, Sep and Bouke.

“Smurfs can do,” Carl grinned. “We had our struggle with the big ones but you can see.”

“We are sitting and they are getting wet again,” Pete began to smile. “And look at those two.”

“Instructors Crisson and Roberts busy with the losers,” Jack whispered. “Enjoy our moment of rest and peace.”

“Yeah,” Pete spoke very softly “we all heard what Roberts said. One moment and it’s back to getting wet.”

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Lol! But for the time being they have a moment to bask in how far they've come! As always, a wonderful response to the prompt. [face_love] =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the next one has ...

Lost, Then Found

“Ny will be pleased,” McCoy was admiring the little pendant dangling from the hand of Nick Roberts. “I remember the moment when she got it.”

“From Spock during that mission on Serpidal where I was attached as medical assistant to you,” Nick grinned. “But tell me Len how did it end up in your house?”

“You were in a way responsible.”

“I?”

“Yes, you were injured and I had to guide you in the keep-the-patient-safe-and-immobile-during-transport-torture-device,” McCoy began to laugh, tears streaming down his face when he saw the looks on Nick’s face.

“You are using my description for that thing,” Nick laughed and paused a few more minutes before he nodded with an understanding look on his face. “Ah I understand. Someone else had to get your things and he or she messed some up leading to things lost, then found.”

“Yes Nick,” McCoy took the pendant back. “That she did and my room being next to Spock’s could lead to lost things. This pendant was put in this box with old memories from missions and you had me searching for my Luke and Mara figurines after our movie-afternoon.” He began to move more memories. “And here they are.”

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent use of the prompt. :) It's always nice to find things you thought were lost.

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the friends bantering during this. :p Another wonderful use of the prompt! :) =D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and for Ny
    They continue (inspired by what I heard and saw yesterday during my therapy)

stroke of genius

“And this one,” McCoy took a figurine out of the box after putting Luke and Mara back “led to important discoveries for disabled persons.”

“I know,” Nick began to smile. “The actor playing Treepio was – in a way – wearing an exo-skeleton.”

“It was a stroke of genius of a man seeing Treepio to develop the exo-skeleton.”

“It was cumbersome in the beginning with large external batteries.”

“And that one,” McCoy put Treepio back and had another out “was only possible when CGI became available. Lucas was a genius. He had the actor playing the early Treepio and this was the result.”

“Treepio as he was before he was gold-plated,” Nick smiled when he saw the second Treepio-figurine. “And we got the books and six movies we love.”

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice use of the prompt. Seeing the progression of technology to help patients. :cool:

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and he walked for half an hour

Laughter among friends

“Yeah that’s right,” McCoy began to smile when he saw the door to his living-room opening.

A high heeled boot covering a beautiful dark leg became visible. The boot was followed by three more. A nice discussion would follow and lots of laughter among friends. He gave a nod to Nick and winked with his left eye “and did you see one of those that came after the six?”

“I tried again at movie-night during Hell-week but stopped after one of the trainees began to make silly remarks and another began to snore loudly,” Nick broke down in laughter when he heard the rather noisy door opening further followed by equally noisy footsteps made by the high heeled boots. “Uh hi hi uh hi we should ask him.”

“And her.”

“Sure.”

“What’s so funny guys?” Spock stepped in followed by Nyota.

“We had our movie-afternoon,” Nick grinned. “And discussing the movies led Len to get his box with things from missions and finding that.”

McCoy rummaged in the box and brought out the pendant.

Nyota’s eyes became radiant. She accepted the pendant “I thought I lost it” and hugged McCoy.

And Spock? A small smile passed his features. “You have to tell me what’s so funny.”

“We will try,” McCoy sat down.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful yummy use of the prompt. :)

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and continuing with

"Reaching For Tomorrow"

McCoy and Nick had been trying to tell Spock what was so funny and the two were looking at each other.

Silence prevailed.

Spock still had his neutral-and-you-have-to-tell-me-logic look.

Nyota was radiant. She had something that had been lost.

“Uh Spock,” Nick broke the silence. “There were not-evil Borgs called Porgs and …”

“Ben turned Sith,” McCoy grinned “The Porgs had a hermit called Luke.”

“And this Luke had no Mara or Ben,” Nick gave a nod. “And that’s for us no interesting tales about Darth Krayt and Cade Skywalker. I love those comics with their extended family-lines like the Fels and Skywalkers and Horns.”

“Ah offspring,” Spock put his hand on Nyota’s shoulder. “You will need that to continue tales in that galaxy.”

She was still caressing the pendant and turned to face him. “We will be reaching for tomorrow. You didn’t get this for me without a deeper meaning.”

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely and totally Luke MUST have Mara [face_love]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and Spock must have ...

"flurry of messages"

“Ah yes,” Spock put his other hand on Nyota’s shoulder.

Nyota began to stroke Spock’s ear with her hand holding tightly the other with the pendant.

“Command for Uhura.”

The hand caressing Spock’s ear went down, squirming between the bodies until it reached the comlink. “Uhura.”

“Command for Spock.”

“Command for McCoy.”

“Spock.”

“McCoy uh”

“Sir, we have … not responding … Excelsior … captain is … not here … you have seen … uh Jim … uh Kirk … isn’t he with Audrey … I am here … McCoy’s place…“

A flurry of messages coming to three comlinks had the fourth person in the room – Nick Roberts – shaking his head in disbelief until the last click of a comlink sounded. And when he saw the three faces he remarked laughing “so much trouble for a captain who is late for a meeting with the top-brass?”

“Ah yes and we don’t know where he is,” McCoy grinned.

“How could we,” Nyota reached again for Spock’s ear.

“We are here,” Spock began to caress her.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :) Fantastic use of flurry. [face_mischief]

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These continue to be fantastic responses to the prompts! Well done. :) =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and continuing with

Bridging the gap

“Beloved,” Nyota whispered in Spock’s ear “you remember that mission where you got this pendant?”

“Sure do,” Spock replied. “McCoy and Roberts were among the members of the away-team and watching the rather furious discussion between the captain and one of the Serpidal officials and…”

“Ah yes Jim was at his best,” McCoy interrupted. “He was goofing around, making silly remarks and…”

“In a way bridging the gap,” Nick grinned. “No captain becoming the always wanting to escape sickbay patient for us that day and you showed remarkable restraint…”

“Vulcans are…”

“Always logical?” McCoy gave a teasing wink with his left eye. “I remember that day when you…”

“Beloved,” Nyota steered Spock towards the door. “We have this and you know what I said.”

“Reaching for tomorrow,” Spock turned his head. “And those two can return to their galaxy far and far away.”

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super reminiscing about an eventful mission and the pendant stirred/set a romantic mood. =D= [face_mischief]

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_love] A fun and charming answer to the prompt! =D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    for Spock and Nyota but for McCoy?
    and more fun to follow

"Running Late, Again?"

“Oops,” McCoy saw the door behind Spock and Nyota closing.

“What’s oops?” Nick was putting the last DVD of his Star Wars collection back in the box.

“I will be running late.”

“Again?”

“Yes again,” McCoy shrugged with his shoulders. “That conversation when…”

“Three comlinks began a beeping concert yes.”

“That conversation has me remembering that I have a meeting with some whitecoats at headquarters and you know Mc-Squirrel.”

“Sure I have met the devil in disguise,” Nick began to laugh. “She has a timer set when you come in and you are always running late, no matter what. But Len you can ask headquarters for some scramb…”

“No atom-scrambler for me,” McCoy sat down. “I will be running very late this time.”

“Again?”

“Yes. I have the clone-wars DVD in the player. Let’s watch it.” And he waited for Nick to settle down on the couch before pressing play on the remote.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] McCoy seems to get a perverse pleasure in deliberately running real late. [face_shhh]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

No Regrets

“No regrets at all for running late,” McCoy had a snug look on his face when the end credits of the clone-wars DVD were running on the screen.

“Again?” Nick reached for another DVD on the shelf. “Or are you pressing your luck this time?”

“No, but I have to meet Mc-Squirrel’s assistant before she is squirreling away some of my stuff that is littering my desk.” McCoy took the DVD out of the player.

“You gave her the access-code for your room?”

“I didn’t have to. She is the assistant for all of us and has the general code.”

“Go Len, tomorrow we can watch this one. That’s another of my favorites. I love to see McGarrett and his friends.”

“Yeah SEAL’s love to watch SEAL’s.”

“And medics love to watch medics. That’s why you have this one?” Nick walked towards the door.

“Sure.” McCoy followed.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Staycation to Remember

“Ah look,” McCoy took his comlink. “You remember the beeping concert where this one was one of the three.”

“Sure,” Nick began to laugh. “Spock and Nyota were caressing when they were interrupted. You and they didn’t know where Jim was.”

“But now I remember and it will be a staycation to remember for Jim,” McCoy grinned. “Two days ago Jim told me he was taking a week to be with Audrey to have some fun and what did he forget to take?”

“His comlink I suppose.”

“Yes,” McCoy began to walk towards the entrance to the maglev. “He had a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. I wanted one and we walked to the machine and talking about vacations we walked to the transporter where Jim entered that creepy thing. And now I have to hurry.”

“See you,” Nick took his bike. He was late for dinner but didn’t mind. There would be something in the fridge. Terry had her ladies-night.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompt and good for Terry and Nick each to have relaxing times with friends.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And relaxing for Nick or?

Shadow of Your Smile

Nick turned on his bunk a smile on his face. He was listening to an old song.

And many a lonely mile
    The echo of a piper's song
    The shadow

“Instructor Roberts”

The shadow of your smile
    When you

“You’re needed in the tent. A trainee is shivering badly.”

“Coming.” Nick swung his legs out of his bunk and hobbled after Kyle.

Look into my eyes
    My love and see
    All the lovely things
    You are to me

The fading song had Nick with a smile. ‘That will be something for Nyota. I will send her the song.’