main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Adella7, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Disney MaxPass is available for only $15 per day, per ticket—so you can experience more of the park with the people you love! Disney FASTPASS service and Disney MaxPass are unavailable for attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge."
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/

Other details...

For Disneyland (California):
    "Reservations required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge between May 31 and June 23, 2019. Beginning June 24, 2019, Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on Guest demand and other factors."
    For Disney World (Florida):
    "Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on Guest demand and other factors."

3. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    wait... so they are now upcharging to use Fastpass on your phone? my god that is awful

4. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Only in California. Disney World Fastpass+ has always been a free service, but while California hangs onto paper fastpasses, their phone service was introduced August 2017 as an upcharge convenience.

5. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    You can still use Fastpass on your phone in California, you just have to physically go to the attraction to scan it. Maxpass (the 15$ one) allows you to get your fastpass for any attraction while you're anywhere in the park. Maxpass also allows you the opportunity to download any photos cast members take of you throughout the day.

6. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    yeah that's still an awful way to do it. But that's the disney parks i guess, if they can upcharge you they will.

7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wonder if they are going to add content to this lan from future films (not including IX).

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  8. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    I guess they might change things a little bit up, when the new Trilogy will be the Focus in three years time.

9. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I'm not expecting anything too major myself. They seem pretty committed to the immersion of it all, so I don't see them breaking that in too major a way and having two potentially wildly different time periods existing simultaneously probably doesn't make that cut. Maybe they could make something up that could justify some major tie-in but I don't know. A merchandise push though at the store based around the idea the owner collects a lot of old stuff? Definitely.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  10. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    My general understanding is that GE has to be more or less like "Groundhog Day on Batuu", basically the same day over and over again. It'll definitely always be between TLJ and TROS, but also always one particular day where the general outline of whatever happens on the Falcon ride and the Rise of the Resistance ride... happens, and presumably a lot of the cast member behavior repeats from day to day as well. So grafting stuff from other eras is pretty much giving up the central conceit. Now, could you add some other ride, like a podracing ride? Sure. It just can't have Jabba presiding over it in a carbon copy of TPM or anything.

11. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    I think they will. Also, a physical expansion might be possible as well when we see the new trilogy coming in.

12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
  13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well in a way they are all ready breaking immersion by having a shop where people can construct lightsabers, exspecially in a period where Jedi are practically extinct.

If the next trilogy is Old Republic, they could add some tie ins. It helps that civilization their began pre-hyperdrive days.

They could have then a attraction that deals with a past era, making sure the audience knows this isn't present day batuu. A way where Jedi and Sith showing up can fit into canon.

Speaking of saber construction, I wonder if it's possible to make a Jedi cross guard saber. If not, I could see it being added if Jedi are shown using them in later films.

14. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
  15. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    yeah don't trust WDWNT it's an awful site in fact on most theme park sites you aren't allowed to link to it.

nothing is confirmed or planned for 2027 that is way too far out in advance.

I mean think about it that means they have Star Wars planned in the parks further out then the movies.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  16. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  17. Huyck

Huyck Jedi Knight star 2

May 5, 2019
    Why is this thread placed in this subforum? It isnt directly related to TROS. Personally i couldnt care less about that theme park.

18. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    Is there an actual part of forum for just Disney parks on here? I have been looking can not find one.

Watched the opening ceremony live. George Lucas, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford were all there!!!! Harrison gave an add-libbed tribute to Peter Mayhew which was wonderful.

19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I've been asking this for a while and lately I'm not the only one. There's also a thread in Lit. I'd think maybe Saga In-Depth would be the place, but... that's a rough room.

Avilos likes this.
  20. Huyck

Huyck Jedi Knight star 2

May 5, 2019
  21. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Why can't you just scroll past it?

Avilos likes this.
  22. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Shouldn't that be "troll" past it?

Avilos likes this.
  23. Huyck

Huyck Jedi Knight star 2

May 5, 2019
    I can scroll past it but that doesnt change the fact that it doesnt belong here.

24. Huyck

Huyck Jedi Knight star 2

May 5, 2019
    Im not a troll, my friend. I am russian bot created by Vladimir Putin himself.

25. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Seems it just may be, a prequel/epilogue of some sort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.