main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, we'll see. I'll try to be

Darth Buzz likes this.
  2. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    After reading the Vanity Fair article, and aside from knowing a planet or two that the movie appears on, I have absolutely no clue what direction The Rise of Skywalker is headed, other than in an awesome one.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  3. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Hey, so when should we expect the theatrical poster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  4. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Judging by past events...some time after September. That's probably when we'll get the Full Trailer as well, and the inevitable ticket sales.

The Bops likes this.
  5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I am pretty much just the teaser. And the Vanity Fair article. I will watch the trailer and check out the poster(s). But I usually avoid all the TV spots, as I feel like they give away too much. Even back in the PT days, I avoided them.

6. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    The Teaser was great, the VF article was great, and I'll also watch the Theatrical Trailer and avoid the TV spots like the plague. I remember being at work, and the TV happened to play one of the TFA commercials, one of my co-workers who knew I liked Star Wars wondered why I wasn't watching the commercial. It seemed really strange explaining the whole "spoiler-free" thing to a non-hardcore fan.

DARTH_BELO and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Really? I heard that there were a lot of spoilers already floating around, which is why I have been extra careful about where I go on the internet. If there really isn't much out there then good of Lucasfilm for keeping it closed off! I know TFA had a bunch leak out before it came out, but they were able to keep most of TLJ away from the public.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree TFA was way looser with spoilers. And yes-TLJ managed to keep it sealed tight, apart from the whole Yoda appearance at least. I feel like things are super tight for TROS as well too.

I don't really mind finding out things like some of the planets we see, or what role some new minor character will play. I'm talking more about potential cameos or character deaths. That kind of major stuff I haven't seen too much of yet-other than stuff that really just amounts to rumors and theories. I don't hold too much stock in those, cos they have just as much likelihood of being bogus, as being true.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Darth Buzz likes this.
  9. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    So in all this time, there has not been even a need for a warning that new spoilers may be lurking out there? "Impressive. Most impressive." It's beginning to look as if there could be major secrets in this climax that Lucasfilm will be keeping under wraps for as long as possible. Good luck to them!

Is September when the first wave of toys usually appears?

10. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    I would still be pretty cautious in your Star Wars related searches. There is a lot of rumors out there, so its always unclear whether they are true or not. Overall I would say JJ is doing a better job at keeping this film locked down than TFA, but info is still out there. When the second trailer drops is when it will be REALLY time to go dark. The NSA section will be the only place I really do any Star Wars viewing at this point. I have done a good job of avoiding really major plot beats up to this point, but as we all know this will get harder as the movie gets closer.

Sard_Oola and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There have been a few warnings since the teaser was released, but it seems the spoilers out there (that I thankfully have been able to avoid) are unreliable rumours at best. But as Buzz says, the closer we get to the release of the film the more spoilers will be out there, and in more mainstream publications and websites.

Triple Force Friday (the launch-day for products from The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorian and Jedi: Fallen Order) is October 4th, but some toys and other merchandise will probably leak before that.

Sard_Oola and Darth Buzz like this.
  12. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    Is what was released at D23 considered an actual teaser trailer for consumption by the general public? Will it eventually be shown in theaters? I'm trying to restrict myself to seeing only the remaining trailers and the main poster at this point, so if this doesn't really count as a "true" trailer, I'll probably give it a pass.

13. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    @Sard_Oola I'm not really sure what it would be considered. I don't think it will be in theatre's though, since it is not an official teaser/trailer. If you have managed to not see it by now, might as well just give it a pass.

14. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    The main site calls it a Special Look, so probably not a regular trailer but there's enough in it to drive you crazy if you want to avoid that.

15. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Okay, well here I am in NSA, until December. With this "plot leak", I realized I don't want to accidentally run across something true, mixed in with crazy rumors. So this will be my home until the saga has ended.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, nothing wrong with that, this is a cool place. We've got cookies. :p

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Cookies with raisins! [face_dancing]

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm still tapdancing too close to the sun, I tells ya! Probably had a big thing spoiled but maybe I drank it away. Hopefully!

Probably only 1 more trailer to go, maybe at triple force friday. But lately there's been a 1 week before the movie comes out online trailer thingie which at least I'm sure I'll have the motivation to skip that!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  19. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    Judging by the other movies, the regular trailer should appear in mid-October.

20. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree. My "official prediction" is it will be released at the same time that advance ticket sales go up-which has usually been in mid October. Positive thing though: If that's true, that means that we'll get the trailer in like 3 weeks!

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Buzz like this.
  21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't come close to any of these spoilers, and I'm thankful for that. This is the last Saga film, and people's desire for spoilers just baffles me.

I've got my days off approved for the 19th and 20th to see The Rise of Skywalker, and I can't wait for those advance ticket sales so I can buy 'em! Well, after I see the trailer, maybe it won't be worth watching...;)

22. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I won't be completely spoiler free, but I haven't been actively seeking out spoilers, so I imagine TROS will have a lot of surprises for me.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  23. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    Is anyone interested in the new Triple Force Friday merchandise, or is that off-limits for most here? Since these are official, and I sincerely doubt any will reveal truly shocking spoilers for TRoS, I'll probably at least be taking a look.

24. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I usually stay away from any descriptions of TFF merchandise. Anyone remember scoring a 'Ric Olie' before The Phantom Menace came out, thinking he was a wisecracking pilot? I don't want to repeat that experience.

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    What do you mean? Ric OliƩ is the most wisecracking of wisecracking pilots!

:p