main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Theme Park - Disney Expansion in Anaheim & Orlando!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So far what medium has been released concerning Batuu, and where does it fit in the overall timeline?

I know there's that story with Hondo, Han, and Chewie that I haven't read.
    Batuu is mentioned in some already released book right? Not Thrawn but maybe one of the ones with General Leia?

I've only read the comics Galaxy's Edge 1 and 2, and there's been very minimal about Batuu as its focus is on stories outside of the the planet.

Also, do we know how Batuu is protrayed in TROS or is that a spoiler/secret still?

3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Batuu's appearances are listed on Wookieepedia. All of the actual tie-in material seems to be set between TLJ and TROS.

We don't know if Batuu's in TROS or not. It's only been speculated.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks. So it seems like Anakin and Thrawn visited during The Clone Wars era and then sometime after the Battle of Atollon (during Rebels), so it all takes place super early in the timeline.

The comics say "now" so not sure when now is, but both the Resistance and FO are present, which based on what we've heard about the park, it seems like the park will always be in "flux" where both factions are present as you can choose which side to be loyal to.

I guess I need to read Pirate's Price unless someone wants to summarize it. There are no plot details on wookieepedia.

I read Star Wars Adventures Flight of the Falcon, but it didn't make much sense to me as it's connected to Pirate's Price. All I know is some of it takes place after TLJ.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yes, most of the Batuu stuff is post-TLJ aside from Thrawn: Alliances. The "now" of the comics is sometime in the TLJ-TROS gap. Most of these stories use that "now" as the framing device in order to tell extended flashbacks; same with Pirate's Price, so there's only a few chapters actually set on Batuu. Flight of the Falcon follows Pirate's Price.

There's really not much more to it; we don't have exact timeframes for any of this yet, just that it's leading up to TROS in what's generally assumed to be the year's gap after TLJ.

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    So I'm scheduled for Monday at Galaxy's Edge, hope all goes well. Even after reservation I need to check in 2 hours ahead of time in person, I saw in an email.

Disneyland is saying how visitors can get an enhanced "datapad" experience by installing the Play Disney Parks app on my phone, which will have Galaxy's Edge maps, menus, etc. I use an Android Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (one of the last Samsung phones to have a removable battery), but Google Play is telling me 'This app is incompatible with your device.' :(

I find it hard to believe that a phone that can run Google Maps, Knights of the Old Republic, and other advanced apps wouldn't be able to run the Disney Parks app. :(

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Drop Disney an email and ask. It's possible that the app is still being rolled out.

sidv88 likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is part of Galaxy's Edge

Barriss_Coffee and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I haven't read the recent Thrawn novels. Did they ever say how he got that Jedi Temple Guard mask?

Maybe it's the Grand Inquisitor's old helmet and he was going to throw it in the trash until Thrawn grabbed it for artistic value? :eek:

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well he has it with him in his office in Rebels and considering it looks like the Grand Inquistors old helmet then probably something like that but no they never say how he gets it.

The mask is just part of the art collection cuz it's cool.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
    sidv88 likes this.
  11. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    It's all
    Maybe Thrawn went around posing as a Jedi back in the day. I think in the EU he went around pretending to be Boba Fett or Jodo Kast (I forget which).

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Isn't that Kanan's mask he wore temporarily after being blinded by Maul?

13. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    saving over 15GB of Galaxy's Edge content I have to digg through... there is so much out there. Aurebesh for years to translate alone. Easter eggs aplenty, though I have to say Ogas cantina had better ones than Dok Ondars who is overhyped. At least from what I glimpsed from my "online" visits to Baatu.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yes but it's also the Jedi Sentinel masks that the Grand Inquistor used to have when he was part of the Jedi Order.

15. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Big thanks to those posting info and details about this! Especially since there's NO WAY I will EVER be able to afford seeing it myself!:rolleyes:

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I can't wait to build my own wand to fight the growing darkness.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Really like the mention of Rey in the workshop, slowly starting to become the new Legend for the heros

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Though I'm sure a bunch of non Jedi people building sabers in this era arnt canon.

However if Disney ever does Old Republic, I would love an addition to the Star Wars land where you play as a Jedi of that era building ones light saber.

If I could, a purple cross guard would be my choice.

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Why wouldn't it be canon? Galaxy's Edge is in the era between 8 and 9 (and maybe continues after 9 in real time), when presumably Rey recklessly uploaded those do-it-yourself Jedi training books onto the holonet.

Just saw this: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sprite_(beverage) . And to think that back in the day many thought Tim Zahn having Luke drink hot chocolate in Legends' Thrawn Trilogy was bad...

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    TheRynJedi likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Our site owner Philip Wise was lucky enough to attend the opening - there's an article and a link to a picture gallery here on TFN Main.

Senpezeco and TiniTinyTony like this.
  22. Dark Souls

Dark Souls Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2019
    I'm getting hyped and goosebumps and I ain't even in the room building a lightsaber, imagine what it must be like to be there.

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2...wars-land-disneyland-story-canon-galaxys-edge

For us canon fanatics like myself:
    • “[The events at Galaxy’s Edge] are meant to be canonical,” Martin explained. “I wouldn’t say that you as an individual, dressed in Earth clothes, are now part of actual canon, but the storytelling is meant to be really part of Star Wars, down to its place on the timeline. I can’t get into it, but I know the specific day that the events of this park take place.”
    • “It’s kind of like Groundhog Day,” said Martin. “Obviously there are things that lead up to it. There will be things that lead out from it. But in terms of how [the events at Galaxy’s Edge] interact with other [Star Wars] fiction, this is kind of a day.”
    • “That may change as the land evolves,” Martin adds.
    Lastly, I thought this was neat. I doubt any of their stories relate to anything related to TROS, but they may...
    • “[The cast members] went through some really cool immersive training to learn their parts,” said Martin. “They actually got to create their characters. So, if you want to know more about the experience of what it would be like to live as a villager in this land, you can talk to one of them. Because they live here. That is their story. They can tell you all about the things that are outside of Black Spire Outpost. All of the day-to-day life.”

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    The Positive Fan likes this.
  24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Hmm so, minus AI and the robotics, this park is going to be like Westworld? :eek: I'm surprised there haven't been more comparisons given how popular that show is.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    It does sound like the cast members have a narrative so that's cool. I'm sure you can't kill or **** the cast members like they do in WestWorld so probably not a comparison the Disney brand would want to make. [face_nail_biting]

BigAl6ft6, ColeFardreamer and sidv88 like this.