main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Galaxy's Edge Lore Collection and Content Archive

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, May 22, 2019.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    This topic I place under Lit for it focuses on all the lore and imagery that is canon from Galaxy's Edge and I hope we (and those more lucky than me who can actually go there) will compile an archive of everything that can be found there. Characters, Art, Languages, Signs, Alphabets, Loot, Story, In-Ride-videos, snapshots or recordings of the Galaxy's Edge cellphone app's translations, texts, sounds, alien languages etc.

Dear Mods: Is there a Galaxy's Edge subboard or topic elsewhere outside of Lit? If so can we link it here and this topic over there?

This may also be relevant for propmakers, costumers, cosplayers and else that need highres photos of Galaxy's Edge stuff and folks. Visual Lore is canon too!

Will you help me compile whatever we can?

2. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    The Disney World cellphone app lists all Galaxy Edge merch prices in their shop section already! Search the following keycodes to get item lists and prices!

The Keywords

AN19 - Den of Antiquities

CR19 - Creature Shop

DS19 - Droid Depot

FO19 - First Order Cargo

RS19 - Resistance Supply

ST19 - Toydarian Toymaker

But be warned, the prices shocked me really bad! Terribly high and probably still excluding tax to be added on top!

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Not to mention how much more people will charge for them on ebay.

4. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

ebay already got stuff listed for 400+ with ebay prices being more than 4times the original + shipping on top and toll if you are outside US. do not support ebay ripoffs

5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Really glad to see this. There's gonna be a lot to keep track of.

6. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    So here we go. I wonder how often little sketches/events like this will happen and what kind of "schedule" will help you catch them.

I mentioned in another thread that I presume GE is going to be, basically, "Groundhog Day on Batuu", so one challenge here is to piece together the basic canon "outline" of that day. Like, presumably, the basics are, that's the day when the storylines for the Falcon and Resistance rides occur, and kind of business as usual for Dok Ondar and the saber guys etc, but there's probably an arc of sorts around when Kylo arrives and this Resistance spy, and a lot of stuff revealed by the phone app and that kind of thing.

7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    While unable to personally go to Baatu, I am compiling quite some from online and friends and will post more once that is sorted. Hope others help filling this topic with life. Youtube has a great many new vids, full falcon ride video, 360 degree inside Dok Ondar's with all the easter egg loot visible. We need to link all those here too. So help me while I prep my findings.

Yub Groundhog day describes it quite well. With a little bit of Truman Show thrown in given you can't go offworld much outside of rides.

Atollon_Dweller and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really think Rise of the Resistance will be the capper to the "story day" aspect of Galaxy's Edge, considering that is the ride where they got the principal ST actors to engage in.

Anyway, can somebody No Prize Kylo's non-broken helmet that he's wearing at Batuu if it's not the broke up reforged one from the Rise of Skywalker trailer? He's got a stash somewhere but the broken one is his favourite?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I did think of that! And, sure, that works, but what will be funny is if they switch to his new look eventually, even if that has to happen chronologically after
    "Baatu Groundhog Day", and we need two different retcons for "original" and "Special Edition" Galaxy's Edge Kylos.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe Kylo was thinking the Batuu yokels will listen to him more if he digs his old spare helmet out of storage while his favourite one is being meticulously reassembled with welding and crazy glue.

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  11. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    Yep! The very worst continuity bender we're going to have to do here will pale in comparison to the most basic gymnastics they used to try to do to fit Star Tours into Legends canon.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    FWIW I asked Tom about the park story’s relationship to Black Spire given Vi’s involvement and he said the book is definitely not a novelization—but to stay tuned for details. Could be a “between chapters 10 and 11” kind of thing.

DarthJaceus and Atollon_Dweller like this.
  13. Atollon_Dweller

Atollon_Dweller Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2019
    Lol at that huge "WOOOOOOOOO" someone yelled out as Kylo came down the ramp

14. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I thought Black Spire was a prequel so Vi's story in the park is after the book. If not, that's quite intriguing. It would be fun to drop into the middle of a story I've read.

15. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    One dude wrote a piece about actually getting to "hang out" with Vi. As in, she has little set pieces that she does, stunt shot type things framed as trying to recruit for the Resistance, but the same actress just hangs out in the crowd and if you're lore savvy enough to spot her, she'll chat with you personally in character. In which case I guess you could ask her. But also? That is insanely cool.

DarthJaceus and CooperTFN like this.
  16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm no expert on the intricacies of Legends, but nevertheless I feel like some of those let's-make-everything-fit-yes-I-said-everything blogs on starwars.com really didn't do the continuity many favors.

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    "Hi Vi! So, is this before or after your new book?"

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm absolutely the same, although I can admit that for all we know the new Canon might end up doing some of that too, eventually. So far I'm happy that it's mostly a little more cogent based on the lessons of the past. I appreciate that people feel that some of the new stuff seems too limited in terms of depicting major events, but that's the way I always looked at the pre-EU spinoffs I enjoyed in the '70s and '80s anyway. And I really like the way GE is playing with this stuff, so far.

Well, yeah. I mean, ideally you'd do the cast member the favor of asking the question in-universe, but you could go that way!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    FS26 and CooperTFN like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

"So Kylo, is this before or after that scene in the trailer were we see your mask get repaired" ;p

BigAl6ft6 and CooperTFN like this.
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It would be pretty awkward if Kylo, who's in many of the GE preview shows, either dies or turns good/hero in the next film. Galaxy's Edge seems to be based before TROS, but it seems like it would alter the experience if you knew what happened to some of the characters like him.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I had a friend who worked at Disneyland just say that if someone asked if Kylo turned good or died, he’d probably just stare at yuh under the mask and walk off. They are trained for things like this.

Like at other Disney parks you can take a picture with Darth Vader and in shows he is still very much “The Bad guy” so....There’s that. Heck Captain America probably walking around the parks and well....Endgame so....

But again GE is supposed to be a groundhogs day scenario...A bubble of time in the GFFA.

For more information I wanna shill out that fact that I did a podcast with a friend who was a former Disneyland employee and thus would know the ropes...This was pre opening. Hoping to do a follow up sometime in the near future.

@ColeFardreamer Also thanks for making this thread by the way, hoped to keep a record of the Canon stuff coming out since the Wook hasn’t updated yet.

@FiveFireRings Also here’s a little addition to the Kylo Show

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2019
    Barriss_Coffee, BigAl6ft6 and FS26 like this.
  22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Little lore update before the big chunks hit:

Crystal colors that exist:

-red
    -blue
    -green
    -violet
    -yellow
    -white
    -black

There are several, at least 2 characters per color. Also there are shapewise 2 variants per crystal. So hypothetical total of unique crystals to unlock: 6x2 = 12 + black 1 = 13

Additional fun:

-Holocrons work empty too
    -Jedi crystal in Sith Holocron does not work and has a weird effect
    -Sith crystal in Jedi Holocron likewise
    -Jedi and Sith Holocrons placed on top of each other give us something unique
    -Jedi and Sith Holocrons next to each other unlocks the effect of Rebels when joining Holocrons!

Upcoming in future posts:
    -Sample videos of folks trying all that as well as more details about who is in which color soon!
    -compilation of pics of aurebesh across the park
    -Smugglers Run full ride vid as well as full park walkthrough vids and 360° vids from youtube
    -Sabacc Rules

Still looking for, if you can help with:
    -Dejarik rules
    -Journals sold feature alphabets, are each unique or same in every journal? As far as I know each journal has a different alphabet!!! (Jedi one had the Yavin IV Mcquarrie signs as Ancient Tongue, First Order One has an aurebesh variant that is closest to english we ever got and readeable without translating, others?)

BookExogorth, BigAl6ft6 and CooperTFN like this.
  23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Groundhog Day reminds me I so want to enter Baatu on my second day there one day and be like "WTF Deja Vu... did someone flowwalk or what?" and then go on trying to break the cycle :p

On Valentines Day, the Kylo Show needs to do a variation and have him walk down the Tie-Echelons ramp shirtless as in TLJ just for the fangirls.. but with the mask on.

They actually could do a weird groundhog day story in canon with timecrystals or something responsible for that and characters trying to find out how to break the loop and keep the First Order from getting the crystals that would make them invincible. If that is Galaxy's Edge's story I'd love it! Reeks of old school Marvel.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Some random tidbits I've gathered from Twitter:

[​IMG]
    1. New local currency - Batuuan Spira

[​IMG]
    2. Helmet and weapon from The Mandalorian. You can also spot one of Jango Fett's blaster pistols.

[​IMG]
    3. Tooka

[​IMG]
    4. Jedi Temple Guard mask

[​IMG]
    5. Hondo's droid R5-P8 from The Clone Wars.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    6. Movie-style posters for the park, Smuggler's Run ride, and upcoming Rise of the Resistance ride.

[​IMG]
    7. Kalikori from Rebels.

[​IMG]
    8. You can see the top of the Ark of the Covenant.

25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Wow, this is so great. Seeing things like the Tooka from TCW and Rebels in "real life" is a trip.
    Not to mention the head of a Snivvian!! That's a little freaky. (The little pedestal the head is sitting on appears to be the same color as the famous "blue Snaggletooth" action figure, and bears the distinctive symbol that figure had on its belt buckle. I am very impressed with the kind of deep-cut references it looks like they've built into the experience.)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019