main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Celebration Anaheim (2022) Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Gamma626, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Well, now we officially have our dates! August 27th-30th 2020! One of my favorite things to do at celebration is meet my favorite actors and crew members of the multitude of films, tv shows, games, etc. So let's get this started! Who are your TOP FIVE "I really hope they're there" people for celebration 2020?

For me, in no order:

-Emilia Clarke
    -Mark Hamill
    -Pedro Pascal
    -Cameron Monaghan
    -Daisy Ridley

I'd shell out easily to meet any of the above! Of course I'd also be excited to meet with people I've already met before, like Hayden Christensen, as well! How about you?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Honestly I hope my "must meets" stay away as autographs/photo ops would likely break my budget. But I'd find it almost impossible to resist;

John Boyega (he just seems like an awesome guy)
    Harrison Ford (WAY out of my price range but I'd seriously consider it anyway)
    Ewan McGregor (same)
    Double photo with Ray Park and Emilia Clarke
    Group photo with Pedro, Gina, and Carl

Yeah, I can't afford that [face_laugh]

Realistically I expect the ST (maybe not Adam Driver) and Mandalorian cast to be there as this will be the first time they can sign at Celebration.

3. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I spent a lot of time at the Star Wars Show Live stage in Chicago and saw most everyone I would be interested in seeing there (although, obviously, I didn't really meet them). I plan on probably breaking out and trying more panels and stuff in Anaheim, though, so I might try to pick up a signing or photo if someone really appeals to me.

Not sure who I would go for, though.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I didn't list people like Ford or Mcgregor cause I know I wouldn't be able to afford them! Lol. This year will be a LOT lighter as far as getting basically anything.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  5. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    We were the opposite! Planned to spend time at the Live Stage but ended up seeing way more panels than we expected. Hopefully get to the Live Stage more next year.

Link1130 likes this.
  6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I’m going to be so pissed if Emilia goes and I’m not there

Gamma626 likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I hear Hayden has already committed now that the coast is clear...

8. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Well I do have 3 autos now so I think I might pass

I’m so regretting my words already

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I just assume there's a room like this in your house for Hayden.

[​IMG]

10. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    There would be if I wasn’t married. Unfortunately I have to keep it under control

11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Emilia is probably my number one. There's so many things I'd want her to sign!

Padme501st likes this.
  12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm guessing the main draws will be the ST actors, since they haven't signed before. Emilia would probably depend on how her post-GOT career will take off.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    There's going to be a lot of pressure on Hamill to attend Anaheim.

I could see Ford attending and doing a tribute to Peter Mayhew alongside Mark, and maybe George. That would certainly be something. But I doubt Ford or George would do any signings.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think his days of signing at cons are over. Maybe he shows up for a panel.

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, it’s looking more and more like that NYCC was his last after all.

16. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    There's no way Hamill skips the empire panel. Signing... yeah that's a different story.

darthvader88 likes this.
  17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    If Harrison Ford and George showed up, they would probably say "hi" and "bye" on the stage. then Harrison would charge a fortune to sign or just sign for VIPs! or not at all. George-no sign, just, "hey, you see and hear me,"but no sign. but.... there could be a miracle!

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I can't see either signing. It will be like at the 40th - main panel, Live Stage, then leave. And I'd be more than happy with that.

19. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Or... you can be like the very luck people who accidenty run into Harrison or George as they are coming out of a restaurant or other business, timing in those cases is tricky and that is the best way to see or meet them!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I heard that at previous Celebrations people would stalk all the entry and exit ways to hotels George might be staying at to ensure they see him.

21. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes! this happened at Cele. 3 in Indianapolis, this went on in the Marriott hotel, I was staying there too, I heard he and his staff had taken up the 17th floor. I was waiting in line in the rain, wind, snow flurries and tornado alarms in front of the hotel! we were looking up to the floor they were at, they could see us below. That was my first camping out and I do not regret it! What a time to be a fan!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  22. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah, no. They are people too, no need to stalk them...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

23. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    When I heard about fans staking the hotel out, I wondered if that was risky! that was the first time George had attended a convention, that was probably why fans were so over excited, they would do that! When we got out of the elements and into the back of the convention center, our group was located by a set of unlocked doors that led the guests into the con. center. we were part of the much larger group and just happened to get parked(on the floor and against some walls by those doors) why they were unlocked? don't know, but someone in the group ,who knew the building,said George and his group would be coming down that hall in the morning for the panel. most fell asleep in the group, but one person would wake up and check the door! at 7:30 that morning, someone came in and yelled, "Everybody up", we checked the door, it was locked! and all of us,who waited so long overnight, were the last to get in the panel room! ugh.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It would be great to see Ewan McGregor, especially if Disney+ goes for any Obi-Wan related medium.

25. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    I'm guessing the Empire 40th anniversary panel will open the convention and I absolutely think Hamill will show up. Doubt he'll do anything else though.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.