main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Deleted/Missing Scenes Thread!

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Avnar, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Porkins2099

Porkins2099 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2016
    I can imagine LucasFilm showing bits of the deleted stuff during the SW Celebrations, much like they've been doing with the The Clone Wars. However, I agree that a 10th anniversary edition would be the best idea despite I wouldn't want to wait that long.
    The original ending that Edwards filmed before the reshoots is the biggest mystery I'm looking forward the most. Ever since the Jyn vs TIE Fighter contradiction, in which Edwards said it was a placeholder moment meant to be shown only in the trailer, while someone else said it was actually part of the film and the TIE was going to be shot down by a rebel fighter, I don't believe that the so-called original ending was the one where Jyn and Cassian survive in an escape pod. I don't buy it. In one of the making-of videos we can see Cassian presumably dead while Alan Tudyk (in motion capture costume) colapses next to him. It seems they were covering Jyn's entrance to the comm tower but they were ambushed (perhaps by Krennic and his Death Troopers). Unless that was Cassian's fake death scene, it seems unlikely he would have survived that. But who knows...

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    If ever there was a SW film that needed an extended version - It's RO!

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Am I going to get in trouble for double posting a year apart...? [face_thinking] This thread needs a bump! I really hope one day we get to see the lost footage for this film.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe they'll release it for the 10th anniversary or something. Sooner would be better, of course.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It would be interesting if they had a scene where Bail transmits a holo-message to the Tantive IV bridge, you'd only see the back of Leia as Bail tells her to go to Tatooine to pick up a Jedi that has served him during the Clone Wars. It would make the line about intercepting transmissions actually correct.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    The line is still correct as we can simply assume that such a transmission was sent.

7. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    The line is transmissions, I take that as being plural.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. So it fits. There’s no plot hole. Move along.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    EHT likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]
    :p

10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I am always one to bump threads and not sure why it's so frowned upon? Great topics should go on and on. I look forward to now going home and looking more into the deleted scenes and how the story changed. Wish at least a few were on the Bluray. Thanks Avnor!

Master_Rebado likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I missed the Bor Gullet musical number.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It would probably be better than Jedi Rocks.

13. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    You have to be tone deaf if you think Jedi Rocks isn't a classic, the great Sy Snootles should be in the Music Hall of Fame, she's the Tina Turner of a GFFA.

:p

EHT likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Sure, Sy Snootles is great, but she was better when she was an indie puppet. When she sold out to mainstream CGI she lost that special something.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "What happened to you, Sy Snootles? You used to be all about the music!"

Dagobahsystem and Django Fett like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Bor Gullet will know the tunes.

Dagobahsystem, Sarge and EHT like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018

Not enough Bor Gullet in it, if you ask me.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Django Fett likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Being fed to the sarlacc would be better than Jedi Rocks.

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Indie was yesterday, it's gone, it's not coming back. CGI rulz!!!

20. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    It doesn't need correcting though. I believe that the Death Star plans were beamed to the Raddus in 4 separate parts because the file was too big to send all in one.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I still wanna know why the hell Jyn was doing in that corridor with the cool lights in the TIE fighter outfit with the dramatic zoom in on her. I have it on a RO collectible cup! And Krennic walking through the water, he was totally getting his cape like wet and stuff.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They were posing for publicity stills, obviously. Trying to win hearts and minds. Wars and rebellions aren't just about blasters, you know. :D

BigAl6ft6 and Iron_lord like this.
  23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That wasn't a scene that was ever supposed to be in the movie. if I remember it correctly, they were working on the lights in the background, Felicity Jones was walking around, someone called her name and she turned around, in sync with the lights behind her. Edwards saw that, loved the idea, and decided to shoot it with her in full costume. Marketing then proceeded to use it because they thought it looked cool.

Edwards had this way of spending some time every day shooting stuff that came up spontaneously, outside of the shooting script. Some of that would actually make it into the movie, most of it wouldn't.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    One of the things I love about his organic style.

Pro Scoundrel , EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    "Inefficient and on-a-whim-pointless" is probably the word you're looking for there. :p

I dig Edwards a lot, and love R1 a bunch, but yeah, clearly his whole operating procedure was a bit of a sticking point in putting something out there. Needed a fresh set of eyes and some adult supervision.