main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks @MotivateR5D4, really appreciate you putting this together!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  2. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, that’s awesome. Thanks for the info MotivateR5D4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites on Katella Ave last time. Very basic but I really just needed a room. it was a 10 min walk to the center and a 10 min walk to Disneyland. I had booked it through an Anaheim hotel site and got it for $89 a night. I'm seeing the current prices on the main google pages are more like $100. It was a clean hotel and the staff was friendly, breakfast was just pastries, I ate at the Ihop near the con most of the mornings honestly. But just thought I'd give my thoughts. That was in 2015 though, don't know if that still stands.

darthvader88 and ChrisLyne like this.
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Sounds good to me @Padme501st. Part of me wants to be on the door step again but I think something like you had, 10 minutes from both, would make more sense for this trip.

Since there will be 4 of us again we're hoping to get a room/suite with 3 beds rather than have the two people who aren't a couple top and tail like they did in Chicago. I know we won't likely get that through the block, so I'm going to look at the cost of two rooms through the block and then compare that with a 3 bed/suite once more direct bookings become available.

5. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I stayed at the Anaheim Express Inn Maingate in 2015 which was $80 per night not including 17% taxes. Very basic motel and my first time at a Celebration but just looking for good reviews, cheap, close, and continental breakfast. I got it thru booking.com

[​IMG]

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    No worries!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Back at the 1st Orlando Cele. I stayed at a hotel next to the IHOP also, the walk was nice and beautiful flowers and plants all over on the way! that was before you had to walk the extra half mile around the building to get in! just went through the front door back then, lots of cute little frogs in the entry's ponds too, no security checks! Orlando is my favorite Cele. venue.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What are your top 5 hotels here? I'm taking my son and it's going to be a Christmas gift. Trying to go all out. I assume the Hilton/Marriott are 1 and 1a. What are some other good ones? Maybe that might be Disney partners as well.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Any of the official Disney hotels would offer a great experience for you and your son, and they are all within walking distance to the convention center. Maybe something like Celebration during the day, then come back to the hotel in the evening and do the Downtown Disney/Disney Hotel thing. If you want to be more focused on Celebration and be among that the whole time, than you can't really go wrong with any of the hotels surrounding the convention center. Hilton and Marriot are certainly the closest. Check out my post on the previous page with some descriptions and a link to some pictures of the other immediate surrounding hotels. The hotels themselves would be pretty standard stays, just full of Celebration attendees going in and out. And all the Disney stuff is still within walking distance that you can get to and come back from in a reasonable time. There's also some hotels that are on Harbor Blvd that are right across from Disneyland and Downtown Disney and within walking distance to the convention center that also have a great festive feel in that immediate surrounding area. No matter where you end up you'll have a good time. There's a lot going on there, especially in the summer time. If you go outside that general vicinity than it'll just be a bit more of a walk to everything, but still close. I don't know if this is helping you narrow it down much...

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    With zero info on what's going to be available, this has the potential to make the Chicago chaos look like nothing.

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, I just checked and still nothing. I can't imagine why they wouldn't put that info up by now. It says "Coming Soon", so hopefully that means before it goes live. I already have a pretty good idea of which hotels would be good ones to grab, so hopefully that might be of some advantage if the first time we see which ones are available are when it goes live.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Live look at walking dude:
    [​IMG]

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Dude...I was literally thinking the same thing a few minutes ago. There's a ton of posts on the facebook page about people gearing up for tomorrow. Seems like everybody is just getting primed and ready at the starting line.

14. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    This will be my third trip to Anaheim... I was there in 2007 (before Celebration IV in Los Angeles) and a second time in 2015. I stayed at the Econo Lodge both times. The first time was because in 2007 I booked over the phone a few days before and I could not find many hotels closer to Disneyland. And then, I tend to "adopt" hotels and I like to stay at the same place. I also prefer basic hotels, since I am not rich. LOL.
    This time, I will keep an eye for Connections Housing tomorrow and see what I can find. However, I find that it is often complicated to book a room via a travel agency, because I usually stay between 11 and 13 nights in total and I usually can only book some nights during the convention in the room block and then I have to make other bookings directly via the hotel. Then, I have to "check out" and "check in" and pay separately for the "three" stays. Sometimes it is just simpler to book directly with the hotel. Unless there are really good deals. I checked the hotels page on StarWarsCelebration and they mention that there would be special incentives for SWC attendees!
    Thanks to those who have put the photo album together -- you guys are awesome!
    May the Force be with us all - for tomorrow!:yoda:

15. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Anti-Anaheim propaganda

16. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I’m not worried about hotels. I called Hilton yesterday and also checked Travelocity and even talked with my local Costco store. No one lets you book more than a year in advance. I’ll try the Connections housing thing but if it doesn’t work I’m not gonna freak out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    As a disney cm albeit here in Orlando, I have been to Disneyland several times and can agree there are plenty of places to stay within walkable distances to both the convention center and disneyland.

when I went to the last Anaheim celebration, I stayed at the Red Lion Inn. It wasnt cheap, but it was about equidistant between the convention center and disneyland. In 2017 i was there for the star wars half marathon weekend and we stayed at the Super 8 on Katella. I'd stay there again. It is about 2-3 blocks farther away from the convention center than the Red Lion.
    While the convention center is close to disneyland, please be aware that if you are staying say at one of the hotels at the center and want to head to downtown disney for dinner, it isn't right across the street. The property starts on Katella, but that is the back side of DCA. You have to walk 2-3 blocks to get up there. I did the last 10k there, which circled around and in the area.

18. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    DVC member also, but I don't own at VGC so I am sure there wont be anything at 7 months out for me (I usually get a studio and they don't have many).
    I have stayed at all 3 hotels and recommend them, note they are more expensive though. Paradise Pier would be the closest one to the center.

19. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    So, already time for all this again. Excited.

I cat look at hotels until a couple hours after they go live. Think there will be anything left?

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think so, but we literally have no idea what they are going to have.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    At least one person / virtual Queue Symbol is having fun...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Now onto the hotels...

darthvader88 likes this.
  23. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Is there a link to those as well?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
  25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm in for the hotels. Says a 11 minute wait time.