main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Loved this espacally the Rey/Kylo moment.:p

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    @0:18 :mad: [face_rofl]
    @0:26 new wallpaper. Great shot. =D=
    @0:30 nice skidding stop on that Tauntaun. Like a boss. :cool:
    @0:40 "In Galaxy of Adventures, Even a scoundrel can rise to leader" [face_sigh] Just a shame nobody told J.J. Abrams this before he hit reset on Han's character development.

This is a million times better than the ST.^:)^

Troy_Viszla likes this.
  5. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I liked it, but I feel like they also should have added Kes Dameron since he was one of Han's pathfinders during the battle of Endor.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. As I result, I'm boycotting Galaxy of Adventures. Clearly, they aren't doing what the fans want.

7. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I’m starting to gravitate away from this a bit. I see that this is all about the OT movies and the prequels just get snippets. Nothing from the Sequel trilogy either. I was hoping to see the Leila flying sequence in this style of animation but boy we are now in June and its been only OT stuff with minor prequel stuff. Losing interest.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They should've debuted the Maul vs Jinn desert duel in time for the 20th ann of TPM. Their timing is slow and off big time with no PT/TCW/post.

Probably also doesn't help that the ST killed off the most quintessential of the OT characters they're celebrating in the shorts and there is one film left in that story.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There has indeed been PT material. Keep looking.

But hey, we finally found a critic of this widely loved series. Was starting to wonder if this was the same ornery fandom I know and love (and hate).

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    There has been very little actual PT shorts( I think the Yoda vs Dooku was the only so far one from back in Jan/Feb) . But I was more referring to TPM ann in May, they should've been releasing PT related material, so far the focus for most of the year has been OT.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxy_of_Adventures

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  13. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Another awesome one

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its hard to deny there does seem to be abit of favoritism towards the OT with these shorts. i'm gonna assume the people in charge of these shorts grew up with the OT. but saying that, am sure there will be more PT ones down the line.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Wow, that's more action than Boba ever saw in a movie! I've warmed up to the shorts, and tend to watch the majority of them now, only wish they'd extend some of these scenes. I'd love for them to start covering more EU scenarios that may not directly impact a film as well - similar to what Forces of Destiny did.

16. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Nice to see one with actual animation again, however it was a lot of Boba firing weapons at imaginary foes.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, I'm not liking this one.
    1: I don't think Boba Fet should be flamboyantly spinning weapons, that isn't his character.
    2: Why is he blowing up the interior of Jabba's palace?
    3: Coming out of Hyperspace to immediately come under fire, and firing back at something off screen is impossible in universe and lazy writing.
    4: I've noticed this in a few others previously but let it go, but now it is getting ridiculous. Give the video a few seconds at the beginning before starting dialogue Please Lucasfilm.

[face_clown]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Another example of the the animation being an exaggeration of events/characters. In this case, to showcase Boba Fett as a badass character. Personally, one of my favorite Boba Fett moment is Ventress putting him into a chest in the girl's place.

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Maybe they could have had some things that happened in TCW then, instead of just making up generic action (btw that incident you mentioned had a terrible plot convenience in the chest not being opened before payment was made).

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Dear God, when are you going to understand the fundamental style of this show?

Jamie1001 likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I understand quite well thanks :p. Where in Star Wars does Boba Fett do any kind of showboating? Zero multiplied by zero is zero. Gun twirling is something Cad Bane should be doing, not Boba.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think these are just designed to get young fans interested in the characters and movies, while also just gassing up the older fans. But I think its hard to get fresh young fans vested in characters that are dead, in some cases more than 30 years .

I think they should branch out to include original story shorts instead of re-imagining scenes(positively or negatively influencing the viewers) from the past movies.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Young fans that aren’t into the franchise yet don’t know or don’t care if these characters are “dead” in a fictional historical timeline. They exist in stories, and can continue to exist in future stories, and so they’re never dead, even if they die in one of the films or cartoons. Do kids stop being interested in fairy tales because the characters in it are not alive anymore? Fans overthink these things far too much. Kids like cool characters, and fun stories with a lot of meaning. And if they like what they see in these shorts, they may give the whole enchilada a try.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  24. Maud'dib

Maud'dib Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 12, 2019
    Good stuff! Looking forward to more.

25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011