main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Does anyone have that google docs spreadsheet documenting all unmade Clone Wars episodes?

Edit: Found it.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You know, that I originally thought it was me at first when it came to feeling like Filoni was not that into the Clone Wars. Yeah, he appeared glad it returned but I felt that he really wasn't enthused at all for whatever reason. My take on the new season is the same as I have said before. No matter what Disney does this will be an empty series that does not have all the content released, specially for a show that was brought over into new canon. I knew that the Ashoka's stories would be told but was hoping for the sith shrine one as that one had some interest in me. It's like the Exorcist: The Beginning when they find that church buried over a shrine. Bad Batch was not what I was expecting, and think it was a copout by the folks at Disney. Its stuff like this, Luke in TLJ and Solo, and the one minute forces of destiny/galaxy of adventures that make me wonder about the direction of star wars.

3. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    It took all that? I was well aware of the issue when the canceled TCW, Lucasfilm announcing they weren't going to use George Lucas's ST story was just confirmation.

Disney blew the one chance of me ever paying for one of their Star Wars products. But as to TCW, I now simply want to see all of the pre-viz, concept art, and scripts.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    vong333, TetsuAero and kalzeth like this.
  4. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I do too, for me TCW being cancelled hit me hard. Yeah, they came out with extra stuff over the years, and don't get me wrong I am grateful that we are getting at least another 12 episodes to add to the official run, but somewhere in my heart there is an emptiness and longing for the rest of the stuff to be brought out. These were the last works done by GL and since they went to this new canon system, its the only thing to survive the purge. Bad Batch will definitely be a visual feast to watch but imagine if the Son of Dathomir arc was also done? That one alone had better stuff than most of season 5 and part of 6. What I was hoping for is that they do a lost missions 2 where they include the Yoda/Wookie arc, the Padme/Anakin arc, and the sith shrine arc. I don't know what it is, but those three arcs are important in some way.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t blame Dave at all. It really is time to move on from the Clone Wars. That conflict, which really isn’t that interesting if we’re honest about it, has been done to death. Do these final episodes and then leave it all in the rearview mirror.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  6. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Also, Dave is really busy in doing Mandalorian, Rebels stories after its finale, and Resistance.

It's time to move on to new things.

7. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    And that's enough of you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2019
  8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Too cute.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Imagine if Chewie had daughter instead of a son.[face_love]

teamhansolo likes this.
  11. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I think we all want to see the rest in some way or another. Disney did blow it, but like everything else I still believe that Disney needs time to get the formula right. It bought the entire stuff from GL and well they got the 5 movies they planned out coming out, with 3 of them making money and the 4th movie not so much. One of the successful Star Wars movies under the Disney banner was loved by the critics but hated and despised by many fans. Me included with the way Luke Skywalker was handled. No need to name that movie, everyone knows which one is it.

Bor, I’m not going to disagree with you here but part of Star Wars now obtaining legitimacy is to make sure that the products that we are getting are not half cocked or incomplete. If you don’t properly invest then you can’t claim true ownership. Disney wiped out some very good clone wars stories told in the micro animation series, the Dark Horse comic books, the video games, and novels. There was a legitimate investment made and many of us lived and died by those stories as being the true bridge between AOTC and ROTS. Then we get this series, and we get muddled up stories that told way too much and told things that probably should have never been told. Now, we have this series that has been made official canon, yet not all of the stories have been told. If, I as a fan want to believe that the Star Wars product is solid and should be backed, the peopled behind it should do the same thing. Disney, Igor, Horn, and everyone involved knew how important Star Wars The Clone Wars was to the fans and cutting a show that they deemed now true canon was cruel. I get the production values were high for the returns, but they should have thought things out before killing everything from legends. Maybe they should have kept some seasons and then interspread them with some of what came before and be done with it. The clone wars is incomplete and baseless compared to what came before. Stories like the Morties trilogy, the force priestesses, the droid arcs, the young king arc building lightsabers were unnecessary and took the space of arcs that could have closed this and gave it a finality.

When I read the old legends clone wars stuff, it brings an exhilarating experience knowing that everything counted and too an extent was complete. From the micro series, to the LOE novel, to the Obsession 5 part comic series and the Star Wars on-going, to the ROTS video game. IT added up and made sense. That’s why I have a hard time letting go of this, because Disney should just go ahead and release at minimum 24 episodes that contain the main points and finally end this thing. You can’t change what was done before, but at least release the stuff if not in animation, in several novels and comic books and then, only then we can finally move on and say its enough.

But you and I know it ain’t because they will always continue to try and mine the era. Think how many versions of the Luke Skywalker toys they have out there?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Darkslayer, Bor Mullet and Sudooku like this.
  12. AhsokaLover4Ever

AhsokaLover4Ever Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2019
    If I may be reasonable, sir, I feel that the Sith Shrine arc maybe wasn’t picked because we already saw a similar storyline like that in the Rebels Season 2 finale with similarities to that unseen arc, such as Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra going to Malachor and finding a Sith temple underneath it’s surface (similar to how Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan found the Sith Shrine underneath Coruscant) and with Ezra keeping a Sith holocron out of Maul’s hands and Vader’s hands (also similar to how Ahsoka was protecting Sith holocrons from being obtained by Sidious in the Sith Shrine arc). That, in and of itself, is likely and exactly why Filoni likely took out Nyx Okami and made Trace and Raffa kept the majority of the Ahsoka in the Coruscant Underworld arc as planned between him and Lucas, not because of so-called “gender politics” or racism by Kathleen Kennedy or interference by Disney, but, because Filoni doesn’t want to go the predictable easy way out while trying to make these episodes retain the DNA of what he and Lucas planned and pleasing the Lucas fans as best as he can, which he said here (https://comicbook.com/2018/08/07/star-wars-the-clone-wars-challenges-dave-filoni-final-season/), why is likely why Ahsoka and Nyx would’ve been a predictable redux of Ahsoka and Lux. Besides, given Filoni still keeps in touch with Lucas, as proven by Lucas appearing with Filoni at the Clone Wars Q&A screening from 2018 (https://www.lucasfilm.com/news/celebrating-a-decade-of-the-clone-wars/), I’m sure he would get his permission to make the tweak to the story, before going forward with it. And, given Filoni is the only man at LFL that George has warm feelings for, he probably would let him do what he wants. As much as this show was made by Lucas, it was Filoni’s show, too.

Also, as much as I feel the Bad Batch arc being added in would’ve been controversial, I feel that arc was put in there because it’s an important story for Rex. And, since the first two arcs with Bad Batch and the Coruscant Underworld center on both Rex and Ahsoka, it makes sense to end this 12-episode decent season with those two arcs to culminate in the third and series ending Siege of Mandalore arc, because these three arcs are about characters whom Filoni has said, in multiple interviews like on RebelForce Radio, that the show was for, Ahsoka and Rex. So, from a storytelling standpoint, it makes sense.

So, come on, guys. Try to be happy we have 12 episodes of Lucas-made SW content and don’t always dwell on the negativity. It’s not healthy. We can have opinions, just would be nice if we found a way to find agreement rather than argue.

13. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    But a Sith shrine at some remote world like Malachor is something different than a Sith shrine directly under the venered Jedi temple at Coruscant.

It is always bad to know, what was planned and could be and to see it all vanished suddenly. The NJO series was cut likewise down from 29 to 19 books, so it is nothing new sadly.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. AhsokaLover4Ever

Jun 20, 2019
    Mmm, not really, since both temples are underneath each planet’s surfaces. And, I understand that it is disappointing we won’t get that arc, but, if Filoni is aiming to compromise with keeping the majority of what he and George planned in these upcoming episodes while making tweaks to the stories to not be predictable, I’ll give him my belief that he’s telling the truth. And, I know people take issue with Filoni’s comments about making the show better, but, this isn’t the first time he’s said that since at the panel for Season 5 of The Clone Wars at Celebration VI in 2012, Filoni said he always talked about “making sure the current season of The Clone Wars manages to not disappoint and that in the next season, they have to make it better and not just do what they did last season”.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I think they are missing the point then. The I think people liked The Clone Wars, especially at the time of it's cancelation, was the narrative structure. It was able to convey subtle messages and emotions through the animation, storytelling, etc.

I'm going to bring up Rebels for some examples, since it's the most recent example of Filoni's writing and supervision. I'm not trying to start a versus debate, but comparing the two shows is necessary to point out what is to come. To put it lightly, nothing in Rebels is subtle. Every character outwardly rants about their emotion, almost like a winy child. There isn't any nuance either, it's simply "should I be good or should I be bad".

The animation lacks individual character, so not a single character shows any individual character. The exception to this was the opens of "An Inside Man", but Dave said the animation team couldn't pull it off.

From what I've seen in the recent trailer, it seems like Filoni shaping "The Clone Wars Revial" to be more like Rebels, both I'm animation and story. A good example of this would be Rex's unusually nervous attitude in the clip of the Bad Batch clip. Another would be how Rex looks at a holopad of a fan drawing before he is about to depart from Anaxes. It looks like fan art, it tries to force you to believe something opposed to you naturally learning or caring. Also, that picture looked like fan art.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. AhsokaLover4Ever

Jun 20, 2019
    Sorry, @Jesta' . But, I do not agree with you at all. The animation of The Clone Wars Revival looks nothing like Rebels and still looks like The Clone Wars to me. Do the B1 Battle droids look different than in the past 6 seasons? Yes, but, I argue that a point of each season of Clone Wars was to update character models to make them more closer to the movies (Grievous looking like how he did in Episode III in the Utapau arc being an example of that), and that’s why I could accept the B1 Battle Droids looking like how they do in the movies. But, as far as what I see in the trailer, Clones Phase II armor still look like how they did on the show, so does Ahsoka, Trench, the armor of the Mandalorians, The Gotals, The Pykes, The Felucians from Season 2, the B2 Super Battle Droids, etc.

And, as far as that sketch Rex has on his data pad, I actually like that addition to the story, because I feel an artist from the galaxy who has gotten to know clones would maybe do that art for Rex to make him wonder what it would be like, before he finds out Echo is alive, if Fives and Echo we’re still alive and fought with him and Cody. And, BTW, we have seen sketches of art like that in the previous seasons of The Clone Wars before, specifically in the background of bars in the cities of Coruscant. And, as far as Rex’s so-called “unusually nervous attitude” in the clip, I have no idea what you mean, because, he only looks like when he tries to bring the Droids to the clones in the clip from that arc, he is stern. And, when he’s looking at the data pad in the trailer when he says “I’ve watched so many of my brothers fall during this war”, he doesn’t look nervous, he looks like he misses his brothers who have fallen. So, I have not the slightest idea what you mean, whatsoever.

So, in my POV, I think your dislike of Rebels has made you desensitized with the look of the new season of The Clone Wars after how you saw the animation of that show. And, I’m sorry you don’t like Rebels, but, I do and a lot of other fans around the world that you haven’t met yet, and if you can’t accept that because of what you want Star Wars to be compared to how most of us love Star Wars for not being the same, then, I can’t help you and I really wish I could.

Look, Mr. Jesta’, sir, I understand you have your concerns about this new season of The Clone Wars. But, I feel you’re being a little cruel on this season, especially to longtime Clone Wars fans, fans like myself who have been begging on Twitter to #SaveTheCloneWars for 5 years and have been doing our job to get it back and get more episodes made, who are still excited and looking forward to this new season. I really feel helpless when people like you come out against stuff like this. And, I cannot accept this because this is a show that is my favorite TV series of all-time and my favorite piece of Star Wars cinematic canon ever. The only TV series I ever loved, one I was sad to see end, one that I am extremely happy to get back, one we have an opportunity to get more unseen episodes of finished, and now, NOW, you want to try and derail 5 years of hard work because of Rebels and one tweak to the second arc of Season 7 (which really won’t be a big deal in the end if you give it a chance and just watch the episodes before judging), which otherwise maybe the same as how Filoni and pals planned it in the writers’ room with Lucas? I’m sorry, Jesta’, but, that shouldn’t be the way we Star Wars fans go, because, we would just be as selfish, self-entitled and as much of bullies as those who hated the Prequel Trilogy and George Lucas that screamed he “raped his childhood” were and ultimately won in making him leave Star Wars. We need to be better than them, otherwise, those in Star Wars fandom like us will just repeat the same mistakes of the past and never learn, and we have to learn and do better.

So, Jesta’, if you could try to be a little level-headed with me, could you please just try to change a little bit and help me support this final season of The Clone Wars and get it to do great record viewership numbers (both debut-wise and each week) on Disney Plus that we may see other unseen arcs set during the show finished getting animated and made as 88-minute movies like the Bad Batch on Kashhyyk arc? Of all things in Star Wars for the future right now, this show’s return is all I have to get excited for, all that gives me hope about the future of Star Wars with a man close to George like Dave Filoni staying in the game and all that gives me hope that there are things in the future of Star Wars that fans don’t have to fight about and can be united on. Please help me? This is a second chance to be a better Star Wars fan. How many second chances in life do people like you get to be a better person only to fail, Jesta’? All I want is for my beloved show to continue, even if it ends up not. Someone like you, hopefully, can understand that. Please? You can change.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    In the interest of concision, I didn't quote your whole message, AL4E. But the above passage should serve as example enough.

Look, I think we can all appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement surrounding the upcoming TCW releases. And yeah, it's nice when folks can rally around a project and all embrace it together.

But we're really leery of allowing members to take things to the level of being as personal as you have here. However pure your intentions may be, it's really skirting the line of our "posts, not posters" rule.

As a general reminder to everyone: No member here is under any obligation to like or dislike, approve of or disavow, anticipate with enthusiasm or with reservation any SW project. Whatever their opinion, as long as any member is posting within the rules and guidelines of our forum, they are free to express it here. And to do so free of things getting personal, whether anyone agrees with them or not. Telling anyone else how they "should" feel about any given topic is decidedly off the table.

Anything which undercuts the ability of our forum to operate in an ongoing, good-faith discourse, whether it be excessive negativity, off-topic posting, creator bashing, the hammering home of the same point time and again, and the like, are all things we can moderate.

But we'd ask that you leave that to us, please.

Thanks.
    -Sabreon

18. AngelOfIegoAnd1KMoons

AngelOfIegoAnd1KMoons Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2019
    Yeah, no.
    -Sabreon

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    A nice chunk of Kashyyyk arc concept arc came up recently, I don't remember seeing this art for the arc's main Trandoshan villain before, Babwa Venomor:

20. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Oooh, the trandoshan is new! :D

ANd it's a bigger pic of the waterfall. Love it!

Watto and Jesta' like this.
  21. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I don’t know why they don’t just summarize the Jedi Temple arc in the storyreels instead of decanonizing it.

kalzeth, Sudooku and cwustudent like this.
  22. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Did they really de canonize the Jedi temple arc? I know we got the sith shrine in other areas and one book, the Tarkin actually covers it.

Darth Wookiee and kalzeth like this.
  23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't recall hearing anything about any of the arcs being de canonized. As far as I'm aware the last official word was that all the unmade arcs were canon. Obviously things can change and I might have missed something, but I think people would have made a bigger deal of it here if we'd had an official de canonizing.

24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The Temple arc was Ahsoka's first interaction with the Jedi after her leaving the Order and since they're not going to include that arc in the new season, they're going to have a major storytelling gap unless they decanonize at least part of that arc and modify the stories around it to bridge that relationship.

The existence of the Sith Temple itself does not need to be decanonized but the story arc (to whatever extent it actually existed beyond a vague outline) isn't going to survive intact.

kalzeth likes this.
  25. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Depends how much they address it in Siege of Mandalore. This could simply be the first time she's seen Anakin and Obi-Wan since leaving the order but leaves enough wriggle room for the Temple arc to take place.