main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That would make sense.

How goes Bloodlines, Addie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    upload_2019-7-4_16-10-23.png
    Is this your way of saying 'Yes' or is this 'I have seen this and I am currently listing 4 billion reasons why this a bad idea?' :p

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    ‘That would make sense’ = yessss :)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    With respect, I would prefer not to read about an rpg here.

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I didn't realise you read along/posted in here, Blackhole!

You are welcome to join the game, of course...

7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I usually just read the posts here and press the like button now and then, but I will probably stop if it becomes like the x-wing series fan thread.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah, so you didn't post. Well, we'll see what the consensus decides.

Its not as if we won't be discussing LotF anyway, now Addie is finally reading/listening to them. But I appreciate DNT is an acquired taste.

9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The thread that I found interesting in DNT was Luke discovering about his lineage.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am finding myself yelling at my car far too often. As its audio, I mostly listen when I am driving, something Aussies do alot of as we are so big spread out. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been caught yelling "NO!! DON'T DO IT!!!' to my car, and thinking..........'well that was silly as this is all done, me yelling isn't going to change that'. Jacens two murders.....yes I call them murders disturbed me somewhat.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes! Using R2 as a plot-device was quite ingenious. I did very much enjoy DNT, and Lomi Plo was a good 'Sith of the week' villian.

Yeah... Jacen's murder list is not pleasant.

He went to such lengths in this book to make sure that he didn't become his grandfather, too...

Lumiya is such a sneaky woman. I love her. But she's the Dark Lady of the Sith. She's Sidious-level dangerous, even if she is nowhere near as powerful, but it shows.

12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I will say this was really when I stopped calling myself a SW fan, seeing Jacen being turned into this monster. Having a character that you like die is one thing but him turned evil broke my enthusiasm.
    Only through the boards and writing fanfiction I eventually got back to being a SW fan.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I lost hope when Anakin Solo died. That crushed me as a mother of a small son at the time. (Would be way worse now he's nearly 20!) but I think my hardest hit was when Luke died in the movie. That destroyed me, as you say, when your hero dies (turns), its crushing.

14. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    This. I wouldn't say I stopped being a SW fan, but it's when I stopped reading the books (which I had religiously up until that point). Same exact reason. The Disney-ification, even if I wasn't the biggest fan of TLJ, at least brought me back into the fold of digesting new material again.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Into Tempest now......

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    As I have little time to read, I am taking my advice from someone who is listening to the novels right now. I ask a question and if she cannot answer, she asks the next step on the ladder. It's a lazy way of keeping up, but it is working for me ;)

17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    But who doesn't like bug hugglies? :p

That was great. At the time, as ROTS was wrapping things up, I was very much looking froward to the EU getting bits and pieces from the PT and introducing those in the post-ROTJ timeline. Too bad this was never additionally explored. Would have loved to see Luke and Leia visiting Naboo. I may not be a fan of the new canon, especially most of the books, but they did give us the awesomness that is Claudia Gray, and luckily she delivered on at least Leia getting in touch with her rots (albeit unknowingly).

Corellian_Outrider and PCCViking like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    How’s Jacen today?

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Where I am? Strangely absent............Han just warned the Hapens.......so he's not popular no more.......Bens with Jaina and Zek.......and ........yeah

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And Lumiya and Luke and Mara?

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Fighting.......and ............BOOM?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    She did really quiet well, considering it’s Luke Skywalker she faced. Every Sith trick in the book thrown at the Grandmaster - she removed his hand anew, sliced open his side, torturing him as she went for the kill.

Grenades, hostages, inciting the crowd to violence, carrying a deadman’s switch, completely lying just so she can sink the knife in...

... she is my hero.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    :oops:

And Luke's mine ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Mine's Wedge, who needs the Force when you end up outsmarting everyone anyways.

:p

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thats two good guys............outnumber @Sinrebirth !! :p

PCCViking, Sinrebirth and adaml83 like this.