main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @Darkslayer

[​IMG]

66 thousand yen. information

you want? i may be able to write it off, kathleen hasn't been reviewing our expense reports. cubby bought craig kimbrel a few weeks ago.

2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Okay, I don't necessarily dislike the ST lightsaber duels, I just prefer the OT and PT duels, and felt that the TLJ one was sloppy. The PT duels have many sloppy moments as well, but I feel that for Duel of The Fates, it's a bit faster paced and more difficult to notice mistakes while watching (there's still a part where Qui-Gon waits like 2 or 3 seconds and just stands there before attacking Maul that always drives me crazy more than anything else) and I have Battle of the Heroes below Duel of the Fates because of stuff like the above gif and them swinging from the ropes and stuff being over the top compared to everything else. @Huttese 101 I didn't mean to say "you're wrong" or anything like that, I just disagreed and was explaining what I didn't like about it, I didn't mean to come off as rude at all.

@Valency Jane I still like the TFA and TLJ duels, there are just parts of them I don't like and prefer the OT and PT duels. The ST duels both have their cool moments (Rey having that "the force" moment in TFA, Rey actually using the force to get Anakin's lightsaber, Rey throwing the saber to Kylo in TLJ, etc.) as well and I can still enjoy them, I just prefer the other lightsaber duels. :p

Okay, my bad, I'm wrong. :p That gif is hilarious though. :p

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    pj you are not, and have never been rood

4. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    The duels themselves aren't all that important in the long run. The actual interesting stuff comes from the character drama during those duels.

Both fights in the Sequel Trilogy have that, in one manner or another.

5. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    So what's it like living in Opposite World? I imagine your carpets are on the ceiling, right? Vacuuming the ceiling... that sounds tiresome.

6. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    [face_tired]

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yeah, i agree. in the same vein, i think that the duel at the end of aotc doesn't get the kind of attention that the ones in 1 and 3 do, but the quality is just as high and it's just as meaningful. the phases anakin alone goes through - ragdolled, redeemed, ultimately beaten - are great, and indicative of his volatility. it doesn't have the booming theme, and it doesn't resemble a flashy dance. wasn't that a movie? @cubman987 confirm. i think it was from the 80s, i haven't seen it.

8. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Wait what

TPM’s duel is as perfect as the come- can’t agree here at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    @Prime Jedi
    Regarding TLJ duel, I agree with you. It initially seemed like one of the best sequences in the film, but upon rewatch I noticed all those things you mentioned, the funniest being the one guard gyrating away from Rey when he had a clear shot lol.
    Parts of that scene remind me of a Broadway musical production of Star Wars.

I do think the TFA duel is pretty effective in it's execution.

10. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Can we just take some time and laugh for a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    This took me, like, 10 reads just to understand what it was trying to say. :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  12. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Me too :p

13. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Y'all...

We should do a group viewing of Scream some time.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    love it, as well - why i said as much.

my point was that when folks start nitpicking choreography and technical execution during fight sequences, they've all got warts.

15. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Yeah, the duels of both the PT and OT are miles ahead of the ST.

TFA in particular is a grievous offender in this, because JJ simply looked at it from his nostalgia glasses thinking that everything was better in ANH so why not do a lethargic duel with a guy that was trained by Luke Skywalker ( whom should have vastly improved in his skills in those 30 years and perhaps be on par with the duelists of the Jedi Order) and show that while his Force skills are top notch, his lightsaber skills are crap, which makes no sense at all. Then you have the problem that Rey only learned to use the Force like 5 minutes ago and is already a better duelist than him.

If George had still been around they would have brought back Nick Gillard, who is sorely missing and is miles better at fencing than whoever they hired for this mess.

The TLJ duel is a lot better but is a bit too heavy with the amount of stuff going on, some of which doesn’t work at all as the video I shared shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    whatever i said last week about this thread being 490 million times better without star wars

that

i've been a perpitrator today, though. usually refrain.

[​IMG]

18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    The best lightsaber duels can be found in Rogue One. :p

19. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    i hiss at thee :p

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dags how you is

word is the twins are pursuing the mad bum for their rotation

21. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Bless me Father, for I have sinned. :_|

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    in the name of father jabba, wooga wooga wooga old jedi mind trick, you are forgiven

23. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Oh, I'm fine, thanks. How are you?

That's a funny nickname for him lol. Yeah, it wouldn't hurt them to pick up another arm here for the second half.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

groovy. i haven't seen this movie either, btw. any of them. they look funny, tho.

yeah, i'd like him in nyc. it doesn't look like severino will be back until late august, and our rotation is flaky.

25. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.