main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I told myself that I wasn't going to post anything too personal here, but alas. Four weeks ago I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2. pretty extreme blood glucose of 485 on my Dr visit and an A1C of 14. My blood glucose should not be above 120 and A1C should be 7 at the highest, even 7 is pushing it.

So how does this relate to collecting.. Well, I'll tell ya.
    Diabetes supplies is only partially covered by insurance. As a result I have now lost my extra money expense account for my collecting or emergency fund. I refuse to let this get me down, For one thing, there is a side note, Since going on my medication I have lost 10 pounds and almost all my blood glucose readings are below 100. So there is that!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    teamhansolo likes this.
  2. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I ordered my Women of the Galaxy book and trio of notebooks. However, it feels like sacrilege to order the trio of notebooks that are about the three top star wars females, Leia, Ahsoka, and Rey. GRRRRRRRRRR... I love all three of those women, but where in the H do they get off not making a notebook of Padme!!!!!!!

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got a notice from Sideshow - The Last Jedi 1/6 scale Leia is arriving early to warehouses and is expected this month! I have a payment plan nothing changes but they'll be shipping to everyone who just bought her outright. I would love to just get her but I'll keep her on the payment plan.

4. Enfys Nest

Enfys Nest Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2018
    So rare that anything arrives early from HT/Sideshow. But so far crickets and we're mid-month. I can't wait to get Leia.
    I told myself I wouldn't order any more Hot Toys unless they made an ST Leia and they came through!

Now if only they'd make Poe and Hux I could die happy.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Poe's supposed to be in the works. I think Hot Toys is swamped thanks to the lovely Avengers films. They have SOOOO many characters that they're doing for those they've been sort of behind on some of their SW figures. I have seen Poe at some events that they've been at - so he'll be coming at some point.

6. Enfys Nest

Enfys Nest Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2018
    I remember that they teased him a long while back, but it doesn't seem like it ever went into production. Same with 1/4 scale Kylo Ren. They even shopped that around at the shows, but never actually turned it out. Sometimes Howard Chan just loses interest and Star Wars is not his favorite property, unfortunately. Because the world needs MOAR Iron Man. XD

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Who knows. I'm sure Poe will come - maybe they're just hanging on and will release him closer to Ep 9 coming out.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wooohooooo....just scored myself the last set of my Big Sound Pepsi sound caps (X-Wing Pilot Luke/Vader) that I've needed to complete my set, plus I'm getting an extra set of Anakin/Queen Amidala! I love these so much I might work over time to get another whole set to keep in package if I can get them for good prices like I got these. So excited!

What are they? These were made by Gentle Giant - they're plastic and if the batteries in them are fresh they play the SW theme and usually a character phrase from the films. They're about 5" tall, you can display them on a 2 liter Pepsi bottle. They are Japanese. They're not as refined and detailed as the Gentle Giant mini-busts but they're very nice.

I'd waited on the Luke/Vader set since the Luke is nearly identical to the one GG produced, but Vader is different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have been bored and perusing the forums and I suddenly noticed that this thread, this EXACT thread is over 15 yrs old. few enough replies to be just one thread and enough replies to not have to close the thread. I find that kinda cool, in a geeky, nerdy way

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A lot of the old threads autolocked due to 6 months of inactivity under the IGN software. Xenforo doesn't do that. In the past we've gotten the occasional request to unlock old threads if there was new news on the subject.

cathiecat likes this.
  12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    No Padme is a deal breaker for me at this point. I just can't help it, they can include Jyn (whom I love) and not Padme. Just not pleased.

knowing me I will probably reserve anyway, but I am disappointed

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    :eek:

My son has informed me that the sculpture designates itself as a rebel piece, thereby no reason Padme would have to be part of it, which in my opinion is total disregard for the fact that whether or not it is in the final cut of the film, Padme is one of the leaders of the growing rebellion in the senate.

This is the same son that says they have no need to make any more Padme figures as there are plenty already! He gets that from the many 3 3/4 figures that have in fact been made, and yes I agree, they have made many in that size. This is a constant battle discussion for him and me. He rather loves to argue, of course then SO DO I! [face_tee_hee]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah he's really got no argument. Just throw back at him to think about how many toys/clothes etc are made monthly depicting Darth Vader, Yoda, R2-D2. People can fill their whole houses w/ only merchandise depicting each of those characters, whereas you can barely fill one wall w/ Padme merchandise. Each of those characters constantly get repacks, remakes, whereas Padmes get made every once in a blue moon.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You haven't seen all my Fetts/Slave I's.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh yes the Fett's get A LOT of merchandising also.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    cathiecat likes this.
  18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    OOH Love it!!! [face_love]

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Man - Galaxy's Edge shops are going to have so many 'must-haves' - I really need the Yavin celebration replica necklace and Padme's headdress replicas - I'm sure those will be a fortune.

cathiecat and teamhansolo like this.
  20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yeah, Leia's necklace is my favorite.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    What a great week for me!! I finished Queen's Shadow and I really loved it! I found shoes with female characters drawn on them, including Amidala, I found and bought Queen Amidala perfume finally on Amazon, been wanting it for ages!! Then to follow it up with the preview of the Padme doll at SDCC Hot Toys Preview show!! This week could not get any better.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, my son is going to Galaxy's Edge next month and guess who is getting stuff while he is there!! Giddy Giddy!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I need to get Queen's Shadow I just always forget to pick up books.

I was so happy to see the Endor Chase Leia resurface at Comic con to go with Luke and Wicket. I got my Deluxe Sideshow Luke who comes w/ the poncho so I don't need the Hot Toys version. I will be purchasing Leia and Wicket. Here's hoping that they do other ewoks and a Trench Coat Han.

Wicket is a work of art - look at the details on his fingers and lips. I love the leather hood. He's just adorable.

[​IMG]

Padme is stunning. I'm glad that they did the video of her with much better light. She's so pretty w/ bright makeup. Apparently Hot Toys said they wouldn't do prequel characters (other than clones?) Maul, Anakin, and Obi-Wan must be selling like gangbusters. I'm so excited to see that they've dove into the deep end w/ Prequel characters. Everywhere I go online people are freaking out about Padmecoming out. I want her to sell really well so we'll get more of her!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    cathiecat likes this.
  23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I so agree, I am in love with this figure!! I will go crazy if the down payment is more than I have at that moment, I fear she might sell out.
    I want her to sell out, but not before I pre order her.!!

Findswoman likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm sure the deposit will only be like $20. She doesn't have a lot of accessories other than her gun. I'm guessing she'll be $218-230.

She looks so good I might get 2 so that I can customize one. She'd look fantastic in my Mustafar outfit or maybe something new. Things are now wide open w/ Hot Toys jumping fully into the Prequels. I'd really love a Shmi/Ani TPM set.

With their Marvel figures they finally seem comfortable w/ doing strange creatures, Kit Fisto is a great entry into that. I'm really hoping that they'll do an Aayla Secura. The original Sideshow versions of her are so hard to get on the secondary market.

If Padme sells well I'm betting we'll get the red throne grown Queen Amidala - the light up feature should appeal to them. I can see them doing the pilot version of her from AOTC. We might get a Mustafar Padme figure - they haven't done a pregnant figure though so we'll have to see if they'll actually be brave enough for that. I've always said TLJ Leia is a good sign that the door is wide open for doing Padme gown figures. This one just needs to sell like gangbusters. Considering I've seen nothing but people going bonkers and being excited by how amazing she looks - I think it'll bode very well for pre-orders.

I'm also expecting Endor Leia to sell well w/ Wicket coming also.

cathiecat likes this.
  25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    The idea of getting two never occurred to me. Would you somehow change the hair or just go with that hairstyle for a different outfit? I guess you would have to do the same hair because the hair can't come off the figure and it isn't soft hair. Duh!!

I so want a Padme in a gown!! I am going to promote people buying her on my FB,Twitter, Rebelscum, anywhere I can think of!! What are some other places, I may have to sign up on other places.

Shmi would be wonderful! A young Ani would also be wonderful. I like to think Jake LLoyd would be happy with that, I just can't help but want to see good things come to him, I feel in a lot of ways Star Wars fans hurt him emotionally.. I personally loved his performance.

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.