main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWC22 Costume/cosplay thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jun 8, 2018.

1. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    No just the yellow dress

Cosplaysky was where I got the other two

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've had several 501st members recommend Cosplaysky to me for uniform type wear. I'm interested in doing a Tie Pilot, which they said would be approve-able if I bought the basic uniform from Cosplaysky and made the necessary alterations.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  3. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    That’s where I bought my staff uniform for the 501st. Add custom measurements for $30 to your order and give them all the info you can

4. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'll do that. They say Tie Reserve Pilot and Bridge Officer are good ways to kind of get your foot in the door. Get approved, do some trooping, learn the ropes, and then expand on your costumes as you see fit. At my experience level, I think that's the approach I'll take.

star_wars_is_good and Padme501st like this.
  5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Them or Wampa Wear are the two vendors I've used. My Wampa Wear one was kind of tight in the crotch though. I had to get it altered to fit comfortably. Cosplaysky lets you send in custom measurements.

That's how I started. That is me.
    https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=27318&costumeID=201

I'm going to do a Havok Trooper next. Thats one of the full armored sets I think my bigger frame can do.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks for the recommendation! I've heard them mentioned as well.

And yea, Tie Reserve seems to be an often recommended approach for those starting out.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    You look great @Padme501st and you got to meet NCW, I'm hoping that he will show up in a con in Sweden someday (he was once at a small one in the early days of GOT but too far away from me to be worth it).

I'v spent the last two days finishing my costumes for the big cosplay festival that I'm going to on Thursday, biggest in northern Europe, and now I keep thinking that maybe I should add some more stuff.

8. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Obi Anne, what is the name of the festival? what is your costume? I hope you have a lot of fun and -NO LINES! if so. let us know!

9. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    @Obi Anne I hope you meet NCW someday, he is one of friendliest, if not the friendliest celeb I’ve ever met. He is coming to my town next month so I want to see him again since he was so amazing.

I already have a cosplay in mind to make for next year’s COT, it’s from an illustration only so references will be difficult but I feel it would be unique and it’s still House Targaryen as it’s a Dragonlord/Lady of Valyria

[​IMG]

In other news, I need to order Qi’ra’s jacket from Magnoli Clothiers now that they have it

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The name of the festival is Närcon and it is basically a festival. There are panels and talks, but it's definitely not the main focus. I'm going to have a presentation of the costuming club and we are going to strip off a stormtrooper to show what goes into making a legion approved costume. It also mostly takes places outside, it's on a university campus and people are just outside hanging and walking around showing off their costumes. I made my Admiral Daala with this convention in mind, I needed something that didn't require a wig and had comfortable shoes. This year I'm bringing Admiral Daala for when I'm trooping with the legions, Melisandre and Obelix from Asterix the Gaul.

There will be lines for the Nordic Cosplay Championships, but if you don't want to be in the first row you can wait and just walk in when it starts. Last year I had a friend competing so then I actually had a backstage pass for it. This year I have a friend competing in the master cosplay competition, which is the first round of qualifications for next year's NCC. She's doing Bazine from TFA (it's the girl that is the model for Bazine in the 501st CRL).

MotivateR5D4, Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Any chance there will be a video of this or something like this available already somewhere? I have a stormtrooper outfit and it would be nice to see what I need to do to get it approved.

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's not planned to have anything on video, if we film it ourselves I will make sure to share it.

13. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    OMG my childhood! please post pics!!

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Here you have a teaser
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Some cosplay photos from NYCC 2019

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Padme501st, ChrisLyne and Obi Anne like this.
  16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Love it!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.