main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Was listening to another video game soundtrack when I noticed a track that had a very similar feel to something in the Rebels soundtrack. Coincidentally another 2007 game. Purely coincidence I'm sure, as this track from Rebels is a militarized spin on the main theme.
    (BTW I highly recommend giving this soundtrack a listen through. Very fun stuff)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    hmm. What do you think of this as a possible inspiration for Sabine's theme? Similar in melody and instrumentation.

3. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
    Jared Forman has confirmed that Kanan Momentarily Victorious was indeed written for the scene of Kanan throwing Maul off the temple in Twilight of the Apprentice!

4. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  5. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  6. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Some new series 4 music from the complete series DVD (I've updated the spreadsheet to include these):

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  8. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    A question for @CloneGunnerCommanderJedi and/or anyone else who frequents/administers this thread: if I've made a cover/arrangement of one of the pieces from the Rebels soundtrack, is it OK to post the recording of my performance of it here? Or would Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D technically be a better place for that? Just wondered, since I know this thread is more likely to be frequented by those familiar with the music of Rebels specifically. Thanks so much. :)

10. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to post that here. Definitely sounds interesting!

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, thanks so much, CGCJ! :) That's what I'll do, and I'm completely willing to move it elsewhere if the mods prefer.

So, yes, for what it's worth: I made an organ arrangement of "Journey into the Star Cluster." Here is a video of myself playing it (the gent with me is a member of the church where the organ is, and he's helping me with page turns and stop changes):

I essentially transcribed it directly from the soundtrack. Fortunately that wasn't too hard to do, because the piece is (a) pretty repetitive and (b) pretty transparent in texture, though I'll say that getting the chords (close to) right in the climactic "wall of sound" passage toward the end took some doing.

Also, please excuse the less-than-perfect sound quality (I did the recording with my iPhone), noise from the page turns, and the occasional "action noise" you may hear from the organ (that's part of it's charm, I always say! :D ).

And, of course, enjoy, and let me know what you think. :)

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    WOW! That's actually really impressive, great work! How long did it all take you?

Findswoman likes this.
  13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much! :) Well, a while is the answer—I actually started working on this in mid-2017, and it took numerous listens over numerous days (and a lot of pause-rewind-repeat) to be able to transcribe most of it (again, thank goodness it's a repetitive piece anyway, or that approach wouldn't have gone as well). I got stymied by the final climactic section, though, so put it down for a while—and then RL and such got in the way, so it was "in the drawer" for a while. I pulled it back out earlier this year and finally managed to sort of get something together for that end section, but again, it took multiple listens. Worth it, though, as it's a wonderful piece and great fun to play! So glad you enjoyed it, and thanks again. :)

14. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I was watching the World Between World sequence and when Palpatine lets loose a cackle, you get dies irae like you do at the end of the TROS teaser. It could be an intended musical connection, but dies irae is such a trope that it's probably just a coincidence.

15. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  16. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Near the end of this interview Kevin Kiner was asked about Rebels series 3&4 soundtrack releases, apparently there might be some legal issues with putting them on his website but he's hoping they could be released by Mondo, which recently released an old score of his.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Findswoman likes this.
  17. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Definitely not one of the show's best moments IMO

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  19. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    some fun Mando similarities.

[youtube]

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  21. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    It's crazy to me that there's hasn't been a soundtrack release for S3/4 or at least S4. The composers have released a lot of good stuff online but all the fully orchestrated stuff from the series finale is gold. The Ezra/Thrawn confrontation, the Ezra/Palps temptation, the purrgil climax/Ezra's sacrifice, the crew blowing up the dome??? These are some of Star Wars TV's best tracks in my opinion and they're nowhere to be heard.

Even if there has been enough online support for the idea (which seems unlikely), we're far enough away from the series now that it probably wouldn't release unless the sequel show comes to fruition or we hit the 5-year anniversary or something.

22. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't know if I'm going crazy, but there's some music in Siege of Lothal when they arrive at Lothal that sounds like it's ripped straight from Back to the Future:

See 0:11, 0:28, or 0:57. Sounds the same to me. I know Rebels reused a lot of cues from the OT, PT, and even Indy, but I didn't know they were 'borrowing' from other composers as well :p

24. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    David Glen Russell has released 3 new tracks! I've updated the spreadsheet to include these.

Visions and Voices
    It Was Maul

Tracker In Ezra's Bracers

Jedi Night

Kanan Rescues Hera (Previously released as an except)

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Even though I prefer the music of TCW, I have been listening to some Rebels themes from YouTube whilst driving in the car. I find the music in Rebels to be very good. TCW gets me pumped. Rebels, interestingly, soothes me. It's more like the music of a drama series. TCW is more like an adventure series. I can't quite put my finger on it, but that's how I feel. (Definitely ain't a music expert. Ha ha. Just my synesthesia/ideasthesia talking here.)