main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph DuckTales (2017)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony , Feb 25, 2015.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And the other Disney cartoons that took plays in the universe of the old version.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Regarding
    312, 313, & 314
    312: "Raiders of the Doomsday Vault!"
    Great adventure episode with Dewey and Della bonding. Glomgold and Scrooge chained together was fantastic. Glomgold is quickly becoming my favorite character. And this episode had this awesome Easter Egg:

313: Friendship Hates Magic!
    Glad that Lena is back from the Shadow Realm. Reminded me of Stranger Things. I liked the Darkwing Duck nods, but don't recall the series enough to get the actual references.

314: The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee!
    Not a huge fan of Fenton, but this episode made me like him a little bit. I liked that they made Gandra a scientist instead of a secretary. Huey and Webby were mostly forgettable, but I guess they didn't think the episode would stand on its own with "side" characters?

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just caught up on the last part of this season (basically from "What Happened..?" onwards). Wow, this show just does everything more than right. Using the NES Moon theme music, recreating the famous genie lamp climbing shot, just randomly having Gyro show up in the past. And then, the Duck Knight...

Was enjoying it overall but the ending- holy crap!! Like, they've always said that DWD took place in an alternate universe to the original DT... but it seems like this might suggest, with Launchpad joining Drake Mallard and Jim becoming Negaduck, that that alternate universe could be the DT17 universe...

4. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    My only complaint about this show right now is the schedule. Last Oct-Nov 2018, we were getting one episode per week, then a random one after Thanksgiving on 12/1 and then nothing until March 2019, but March's Della Duck episode is my favorite of the series so far so I can forgive the winter break, but then radio silence after that episode and into April was kind of lame. I'm glad we got a dump of 9 episodes here in May, but according to IMDb, it won't be back until September. If that's true, do you all think it'll be back on a regular weekly schedule then?

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They'll probably continue to break seasons up into chunks. It works kinda nice that way, though. I thought the What Happened to Della episode was the season finale since there was that break. So it was a really pleasant surprise to get that blast of new episodes after a short break.

6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Well whatever they're working on next, I hope for more NES Ducktales songs to be incorporated.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So Comic-Con this weekend gave us some news regarding DuckTales. First of all, a trailer for the last episodes of Season 2:

And also this incredibly spoilerific poster for Season 3:

[​IMG]

It's all very exciting! :D
    My take on the poster:

Holy ****! Gosalyn, Daisy, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin (with grown-up Kit), Goofy, Gummiberry Juice, and just about everything!
    That DW is now officially included in the DuckTales cast is a dream-come-true for me; everything else is just icing on the cake. :D
    Now let's see some more references to Barks and Rosa, as well as the inclusion of PK/Paperinik/Stål-Kalle/The Duck Avenger/Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-Him and have him square off with DW, and this will officially become the best show in history.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This is just amazing. Disney Afternoon: The Series.

Nobody145, Ghost, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Could this be officially called the Disney Cartoon universe?

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    *Disney Afternoon Universe.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Darkwing Duck crossing over with DuckTales actually doesn’t make any sense no matter how many times they do it because the Launchpads are clearly different characters despite being played by the same “actor” do not @ me.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    It makes sense in this DuckTales Universe, @Ramza

The2ndQuest and Juliet316 like this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    *Disney Afternooniverse.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hi rez version, easier to see the Rescue Rangers:
    [​IMG]

Where's the bear with butterfly wings from? (I'm assuming not a Smashing Pumpkins concert)

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    @Ramza you are incorrect

TCF-1138 , Juliet316 and Ramza like this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Who's flying the Sunchaser, cause it's about to crash, which I guess is fitting.
    I hope Baloo is flying the Sea Duck.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    DESPITE ALL MY RAGE
    I AM STILL JUST A DUCK IN A CAGE

The2ndQuest likes this.
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    So the entire Disney Afternoon in one series?

*does the happy dance*

[face_dancing]

Juliet316 and TCF-1138 like this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Figure I'll repost this here even though it has to do with the original series and not the reboot:

DuckTales: Remastered is leaving digital game stores this week.

Though there are physical copies available on some platforms, if you wanted it digitally you should do so now (it's 75% off in most places). It's really worth checking out if you're a DuckTales fan (due to the artwork and original voice actors) or an NES DT fan (really great remake of the original game- including making sense of the plot).

The dates the game gets pulled down are:
    • Wii U – August 9, 4:59 PM PDT
    • PlayStation 3 – August 9, 8AM PDT
    • Xbox 360, Xbox One (via Backwards Compatibility) – August 8, 5 PM PDT
    • Steam (PC) – 4:59 PM PDT

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I haven't played the remaster, but the original NES game is great. I'll have to buy the remaster now then.

They never remastered the second NES game, right? For that matter, I'd kill for a good remaster of the NES Darkwing game as well.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No remaster, but they did include it in the more recent Disney Afternoon Collection (though that still lacks Darkwing).

TCF-1138 likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I ended up buying the remaster and playing through it last night. It was a very nice update, and it was very nice to hear the original cast again.

I just checked that out on Steam, and it included Darkwing.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh? That's cool. I don't own the collection so i was just going off of a wiki listing.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    They are releasing four episodes this week, and four episodes next week, completing season 2. I haven't watched the ones that have been released so far this week yet, but I'm looking forward to them.
    Rumors have it we'll get season 3 in October already. [face_dancing]

Now if we could get a nice Blu-ray release...

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    What Ever Happened to Donald Duck?!
    This was an okay episode but I'm not sure why they muzzled Donald. They tried to make the end powerful, which I appreciated, but nothing can touch the Dela Duck episode. Dewey and Webby are featured in the B story with some Scrooge as well.

Happy Birthday, Doofus Drake!
    With the focus on Dewey and Webby last episode, this one focuses on Louie with Goldie and Huey with Dela. I found both interesting and I appreciated the little Easter eggs sprinkled throughout. My brother texted me about one that he especially enjoyed that is from a separate universe entirely. You'll probably get it when you see it as it's a classic internet meme from 10 years ago.