main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Under Kylo's rulership and example, the entire FO becomes a hermetic incel message board. One of the mods gets laid, thus initiating schism and civil war.

Neesh and Revyl Ren like this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I know lets play a game, I say guess the locations in the order we will see them.

Since JJ said we start with the Jungle Planet then Jungle Planet is first

So here is my list

Jungle Planet
    Snowy Planet
    Desert Planet
    Swamp Planet (Maybe just Kylo)
    Monkey Hand scene
    I heard rumor we might go the Jungle Planet again so Jungle Planet again
    Endor/Death Star 2

3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’m personally hoping it ends up being Guys in Red = Kylo, Guys in Old Gear = Finn and Stormtrooper Rebellion.

alwayslurking likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'd like that....Although Since i feel the Finn Stormtrooper Rebellion hasn't been set up as much if at all, then maybe it will be a Kylo v Hux/Pryde scenario First Order Civil War.

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I just love that "Monkey Hand scene" is it's own sequence in this lineup ha!

I'll go with:
    Jungle (maybe Yavin)
    Desert (Pasaana)
    Swamp (new)
    Snow (new)
    DSII (Endor)
    Desert again (maybe Tatooine)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm wondering if the Sith Troopers and the KOR are being introduced in part so that the movie can split them off into a subplot? Kylo and possibly the KOR will be involved in an "A" plot and Kylo will send the Sith Troopers out on a mission that will be a "B" plot?

I could picture Kylo and the KOR chasing Rey and her friends to a particular location where upon which Rey goes off on her own and Kylo pursues her so Kylo and Rey have a one on one battle and then Finn, Poe, and the gang face off against the KOR and then on top of that you have Rose and Leia back at other location dealing with either Sith Troopers or Hux, Pryde and the vanilla storm troopers.

Some combination of this will happen. Stating the obvious here!

In the end I'm expecting the final battle in TROS to mirror the third act of Return of the Jedi on a certain level. ROTJ had the Luke/Vader duel, the Endor battle, and the space battle all going on at the same time. We'll probably get another three way split like that again, right?

That said for some reason my gut tells me we're not going to get a big space battle, though I'd love to see one. Perhaps that's where Lando comes in? We know he's flying the Falcon at some point.

So the third act three way battle split would be Lando, Leia, and Rose in one group, Finn, Poe, Chewie, and 3PO in another group, and Rey, Kylo, and possibly the KOR and/or Sith Troopers in a third group?

I could see another trap being laid too for our heroes. While Kylo and Rey are battling it out Kylo lets it slip that Finn, Poe and Co. are walking into a Sith Troopers trap.

run_luke_run and lovethedarkside like this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    My guess at this time:

Rey and Kylo vs. Palpatine
    • Knights of Ren get killed off just before this some how
    Finn, Poe, Jannah, ect on land battle of some sort, not sure who they will be fighting at this point. I'll guess clone army.

Lando leads resistance in space battle vs Hux/Pryde

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    My guess after reading your post is:

Rey and Kylo with the Knights of Ren vs. Palpatine

• Knights of Ren get back in line to being Jedi they trained to be with Luke after this some how.

9. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    That would be really cool as well. Not sure how they would get redeemed, but i'm down for seeing it happen on screen.

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What if they aren't redeemed so much as when they see the true evil of Palpatine they choose a different path. Maybe it's their bond with one another that does it. Something makes them choose to side with the greater good of all instead trying to be the most powerful individually (which would ultimately mean killing each other.)

Whatever the reason they walk back from the darkness and decide to spend the rest of their days on the Jedi path. They did bad thing and then they stop doing bad things. Maybe it's in part to make up for what they did. But it doesn't matter so much as they are now doing good. I'm not sure that means they are redeemed. It just means they are not evil anymore.

Maybe having been on the Dark Side gives them better insight going forward. Also being a Jedi is their choice, not something forced on them like it was with Luke.

Maybe even Luke saw this happening. (Personally I don't think Luke could bring himself to kill the six surviving students and his nephew that turned bad, regardless of what else they did.) And that's why Luke went into exile. But maybe he saw that the future was out of his hands and the best thing he could do was stay out of it, no matter how hard that was for him.

Jabberwock2137 likes this.
  11. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    By the way, one of the few things we know about post-ROTJ Lando is that he started Calrissian Enterprises, a droid manufacturing company. Maybe the droid factory planet (Kijimi) has (or had) to do with him. That's where the thieves quarter is, and also this Bliss scoundrel.

According to MSW, Billy Dee Williams filmed scenes on the Jordan set (Pinewood). So I guess Pasaana>Kijimi is possible.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Calrissian isn't an enterprise. He's a man.

11-4D and KyleKartan like this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    And a voyager.

14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Some people call him a Space cowboy.

Some call him the gangster of love.

No one calls him Maurice, because Maurice is a lame name compared to Lando Calrissian.

He does speak of the pompitious of love, but that’s mostly because he’s the acclaimed expert in the Galaxy, and it’s gonna cost you money to hear him impart his wisdom ethereal.

15. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Speaking of Lando, have we heard any rumors/reports of him at all, or just the shot in the trailer? Wondering if we have any idea of planets he's on.

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    See above post by @ScreamingWoman2019.

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Jordan "set" as opposed to Jordan location is interesting. Wasn't someone indicating they shot two planets in Jordan? Guess they may have made sets for both in England too?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Inside of the homestead?

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Do you guys think that if we'll see the First Order turn on each other in this movie, like if F.O. officers decides to save their own skin and run away and/or they decide to no longer take orders anymore, their C.O. would just shoot have the stormtroopers shoot them right then and there on the spot?

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The First Order troops turning against each other would be the only thing differentiating this from the OT. Otherwise, there would be absolutely no reason to think that there won't be ANOTHER Empire/First Order in a few years.Having them completely implode (this is why I think they are bringing in red troopers) would help to make this a more complete finale. By having white troopers and red troopers you can have the white troopers engage the red ones in battle and we can tell them apart.

This may be what is happening in the trailer scene with Kylo using his saber in the woods against the cloaked figure. He may be leading white troopers against the KOR.

21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Was Like's sabre originally white and Vader's red? They match the FO if they turn on each other. Just sayin'.

Colours can mean EVERYTHING.

22. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    We may not see the Sith Troopers actually fight. That would be hilarious.

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well that would be a rather big waste of costuming.

24. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    even the death troopers got some action in Rogue One.

25. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    This trilogy is mostly into how things look -- usually aping madly popular old imagery -- so not everything ends up in action, and if it does, not a lot of thought or logic is put into it.

The Sith Troopers might merely salute Kylo or something. Think about how Phasma did barely anything until the end of TLJ -- and when she did fight, uh...we saw pretty quickly why it had been ignored. Oh, and the Knights of Ren just stand around in TFA. That's postmodern dramatic action, I guess.

The Praetorian Guards fight, but their action makes little sense and they come off more as limited dance partner fodder for Rey and Kylo. How they look is what really matters to this shallow crew.

I predict that if the Sith Troopers engage in any actual fighting, it won't be anything we haven't seen before. But they'll be red this time. :cool: