main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Unless the red edges are like Dryden's kuzo blades, my guess they belong to some base or flag ship unit . We've seen red edges like Baron Fel's Tie Interceptor in the EU. Even in canon its like a running gag to have their own "red baron" Imperial ace top gun character - Rebels had Rudor and Resistance had Vonreg. And like someone stated above, the FO used red paint jobs to signify Special Forces. Which was something Inferno Squad used even on Tie Fighters , they had there own red logo too.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Well, yeah, but "seeding the UR" always seemed to sort of seems to indicate not large-scale, like he's sent trusted emissaries like Thrawn out there, maybe Gallius and stuff. The "shipyards" bit there is interesting, that sort of indicates the opposite. Heh. Yeah, hard to say. Still sort of leaning toward it being more of an exploratory presence out there during the OT though, a major segment of the military only went out there after Jakku.

3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Last night I had a dream wherein I walked past a shop window and spotted Star Wars figures on pegs. I went inside and grabbed a new Wicket figure. I also scored a new vehicle from TROS.... a two-seater speeder that had wooden texture, so I suppose it was carved by Ewoks out of local redwood, and then cobbled together with the engines of a couple of crashed speeder bikes. There was also a Chewie figure that I picked up, since a scene in the movie might involve Wicket driving the speeder, and Chewie riding shotgun (bowcaster), with his knees pressed to his chest. Also in the shop were several vinyl figure cases with brand new covers.

4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’ve figured for quite some time that, unless LFL decides they want a specific movie plot point that goes against the idea, they should just have the Imperial Remnant post-Jakku betray, conquer, then strip mine and enslave the Chiss Ascendancy, both to help shore up the First Order’s infrastructure and resources in the Unknown Regions, and also to create a tragically ironic denouement to Thrawn believing it was better to ally with the Empire rather than either maintain secrecy or help the Rebel Alliance. Make the cost of cynical pragmatism be the possibility of being betrayed by the fascist totalitarians you tolerate and losing everything you love and sacrificed for.

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    S'funny that the TIE Dagger was first seen on that 'fake' poster....in the company of your run-of-the-mill F.O. TIE fighters.

6. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

That'd be pretty interesting, for sure. The Chiss are already established as from being out there, they're advanced, obviously have raw materials and factories and stuff. Could be a cool way to go.

Though a little hard to see them going down that easily to the First Order right after Jakku though, doesn't sound like they were a particularly formidable big armada there or anything. Kinda get the impression from the supplementary material it's just a handful of capital ships, maybe a few thousand "chosen" people. The Chiss not being able to compete with the full Empire at its height is one thing, but you'd kinda figure they'd be able to fight off the proto-First-Order right after Jakku, it's probably not even a single percent of what the Empire was in the OT.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I really don't want Blue Man Group escapee aliens to feature in live action.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Okay, but what if they are legitimately actual Smurfs? And, we find out Gargamel was what they called Snoke?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Snoke'd be a Na'vi, the giant lanky dude that he is.

10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    My favorite blue-skinned red-eyed aliens are the Draags in Fantastic Planet.

11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Lol to that opening paragraph. Some people have an unusually high opinion of their ability to find small bits of information about something highly inconsequential...

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That's harsh.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It seems confirmed the TIE we see in the trailer is the ship that replaces TLJ's TIE Silencer. I liked it a lot how it looked darker, with the Empire's color scheme, compared to the silver-ish FO's TIEs. The wings of this new ship look similar, but I am afraid the central body, which represented a nice change compared to the standard TIEs, and a mix between Vader's TIE X1 and the Millenium Falcon, will be far more traditional this time.

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    From the 'fake' poster, this looks like a TIE Dagger with perhaps a TIE Whisper above it, the fuselage looks quite different from a normal TIE;

[​IMG]

Then, on the opposite side we have two Stardestroyers but are they heading left to right or right to left? Whatever way they don't seem to be the normal Stardestroyer shape, either much wider or much longer;

[​IMG]

16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Are they called TIE Whispers cos they don't make an awful racket?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  17. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    They're electric wussy Prius TIEs. :)

dekaneas and DannyD like this.
  18. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    Making Starwars' latest rumor report seems to be matching up with my speculation about the massive clone army in hiding, although I hadn't been thinking it was "waiting to be found". Still, that would match up with that Yupe Tashu was pushing imperial leadership to do: go search the UR to find the darkside source where he believed they would find Palps waiting for them.

19. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Maybe one of the sith troopers are unmasked and its Reys face. insinuating they are all Rey.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Jabberwock2137 likes this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So Rey even mentions that the ship seems familiar. Yeah, it's obviously the ship from her vision.

22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    As MSW states - 'Sticker book version of the ship looks different than the ship we’re seeing from IX. But also resembles Rey’s junker ship in the cockpit from concept art.'

Reys family ship in TFA, the ship approaching Kijimi and the sticker book ship are three different vehicles.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah. It's the same ship.

24. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Nope, don't think so...

25. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    OK...that's an ugly ship.

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek and ezekiel22x like this.