main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

I think she turned out pretty good!

Also- I did a second Dornean gunship. They're twins!

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

2. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    Oh man, those are gorgeous!!! Fantastic work!

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    So Rise of the Separatists is out and to be honest, I waver in my thinking non-Canon, pro-Legends stance on these books since the articles on Wookieepedia actually help to make sense of the canon Senate / Separatists. Brings back some good character names too.

5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Collapse of the Republic is out too since last week filled with even more good stuff. Rise was a blast, can't wait to finish Collapse, its on the way here and arrives next week.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good Seppie stuff?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    still in transit... will let you know! But can't wait to see the dathomir and nightsister section myself. As well as other stuff previews hinted at.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    More droid NPCs, some more fluff. You also get a Separatist Commander universal specialization that would be very useful for running a CIS-centric campaign.

There's enough to play as one of these characters, although, since the Nightsister template is an universal specialization, you will need a Force and Destiny career to form the core (I'd be a Mystic myself if I was playing such a character). They are limited to female characters only (that's fair, with Clone Troopers being male-only options) and the fluff does borrow a great deal from Legends.

Really liked the Mandalorian stuff; you've now got a lot of nice details for a Mandalorian character and/or a Death Watch campaign, although I'm still not sure how you're supposed to get their armor out of the gate, if you're playing such a character.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    Massive amounts of Obligation to your death watch crew, maybe?

10. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Maybe. I know a fan-made supplement with a home-brewed Mandalorian template (made before the official one was around) had Mandalorian armor as a common item for such characters. My initial inclinations were to house-rule that idea into a campaign I ran if relevant (for starter sets only, leaving the nicest ones as something the player could work towards) or use other armor stats to represent a starter Mandalorian armor suit, but I do like the idea of a narrative solution, if it worked.

Maybe I should sent the question to that Order 66 podcast; they often have game creators as guests and will answer fan questions.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Long time no posting in this thread. I have not been following FFG's release and was wondering if we have seen any appearances of any new Force traditions or have been given any new information about established non Jedi/Sith Force traditions?

KerkKorpil likes this.
  12. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    So people are adding stuff from Collapse of the Republic.

Imagine my surprise when:

Seti Ashgard

showed up with a homeworld

and its Fresia!

Took them how many years to give them a homeworld?!

Whoever has both this and Rise of the Separatists, post stuff immediately!!!!!!!

13. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Just got mine today. What do you want to know?

14. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    What got recanonised? What's been retconned? Who's new or finally got a name or designation? Any dating systems?

15. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Allya the Ex-Jedi, Andoan Wars and the Lambda Sector stuff, The Spike, New Holstice memorial, Seti Ashgad, Nym, Solomahal, Ruusan Reformations, many places on Felucia and Utapau, Gossam claim kinship with the Felucians, Ailon Nova Guard, Auordium Sword, Corellian Arms, Look Revenants, Thyrsus Sun Guard, Veiled Sorority, Ailon,

16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It seems like they're just porting Legends stuff straight over carte blanche, rather than picking and choosing which bits to incorporate like other material does. I kinda wish Wookieepedia wouldn't consider it canon for that reason, because I don't think FFG is sticking to one continuity or the other. Like, the Ruusan Reformations are a specific thing borne out of various EU stories and retcons that isn't really needed in the current canon (a Republic reformation around the same date yes, but it doesn't have to be tied to Ruusan any more). Rise of the Separatists felt like it was just pasting big chunks of Legends info, and this one seems to be doing the same.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    HALLELUJAH! Where was this retcon during the Gossam refugee crisis of Reversal of Fortune? I had SO wanted it back then. The problem is they wanted to do one-ROTS-planet-per-Sep-leader and the EU skewed it up massively* even before ROTS was released in theaters. RoF was one of the best attempts for Commerce Guild=Felucia, but everyone else kept up with the stupid rubber Gumby folks which are NOT GOSSAM COMMANDOS. Because Galen Marek would be DEAD if he had to pit his puny wits against GOSSAM FRICKIN COMMANDOS.

*As much as I disliked the RC books, Karen Traviss at least was one of the very very very few who held true to the original idea. Shockingly.

JediBatman, Nom von Anor and KamNale like this.
  18. KamNale

Feb 11, 2012
    Not to mention the background we got on Secundus Ando and Karkaris was nice and surprising.

19. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Somewhat, although I have noticed that a lot of the Legends backstory stuff is often flagged as being unverified folk tales and oral traditions, so if you wanted to run a canon-compliant campaign, you have an easy out. (Agreed, I don't get why the Wook considers it canon when we know that it's not all that vetted by the story group and freely mixes Legends and canon into the fluff for the sake of better gameplay.

JediBatman, FS26 and Darth_Duck like this.
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The interesting thing is, Story Group does look at the FFG stuff - you'll find a Story Group credit in every book produced since 2015 or so. They just don't seem to do so for the sake of placing some sort of "canon" seal of approval on them. I've been suspecting for a while now that Story Group looks at such things very differently than we do as fans.

WebLurker likes this.
  21. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    Since it's an RPG, there's really no need to bother with canon. Any Lucasfilm input has probably more to do with tone and style

JediBatman likes this.
  22. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yeah, I don't have an issue with FFG doing it (or the Story Group allowing it); it's that Wookieepedia then declares it canon when it's clearly just combining Legends and canon material.

23. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Okay, guess I was off base about that. (Not sure where I got that idea). I do recall the idea that the Story Group does vet the video games, but the goal was to create an "authentic" experience, not to declare canon (although some games and elements from them are canon). Maybe the RPGs fall into the same boat; checked to make sure they're consistent with the franchise for the player's sakes, but not to make them canonical in and of themselves?

24. Separatist Privateer

Separatist Privateer Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2019
    Hope its alright to randomly post these, but as a Separatist fan boy I really have to appreciate some of this lovely Sepi FFG artwork. All from Collapse of the Republic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

The one of Umbara in particular is magnificent.