main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Didn’t Jason say that the Knights of Ren mysteriously return from the Unknown Regions during a certain point in the movie?

2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Actually this theory sounds right up JJ’s alley. A random discovery of a hidden army [with a secret agenda buried deep] to use in a war has been done before in SW. JJ’s idea of rhyming is duplicating.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  3. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    I think it's kind of funny. Palpatine stashed some super-secret blockbuster troopers (that's what they're there for, flashy action set pieces) in the Convenient, I mean Unknown, Regions. Meamwhile the Resistabellion has possibly stashed away their own flashy superweapon(s) somewhere in a convenient place as well. And each side goes on MagGuffin hunts for the super-weapons while Palpatine plans his own Bodysnatcher Sequel.

Initially, I think I expected Star Wars: Into Darkness but now I'm thinking JJ is going more for Star Wars: Transformers.

4. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I think this can all be established quickly enough. Just off the top of my head, a quick flashback to a post inspection report from higher ups in the Imperial Remnant (pre-FO) hidden in the unknown regions give some simple exposition as to how Palpatine sent them here, and then from right there, Snoke attacks them. Perhaps Kylo Ren is already with him, perhaps not; the KOR definitely are. Quick on-screen battle of no more than 3 minutes as they perform a coup of the Remnant leadership (hopefully with Rae Sloane present?!) and establish the Snoke-led First Order. How long Snoke has been in charge has never really been discussed, I think; having it be relatively recent could go a long way in explaining how the FO went unknown for so long. During said inspection, they could have been reporting via hologram to the Sith Fleet commander; when the bridge is destroyed, there's no one left with enough clearance to even tell Snoke of the existence of the Sith Fleet. Maybe during previous conversations between fleets, the expected return of the Emperor is discussed. This all could easily be contained in a ten minute introduction, and sets up all the exposition one would need to know for the rest of the film.

I think (if these rumors are true) we'll get something like this. And then straight on to adventure!

WayoftheJedi likes this.
  5. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The Unknown Regions - which have NEVER been mentioned in any of these films - are like an invisible magic hat the magician keeps taking different junk out of over and over again if it happens like that as alleged.

6. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    On film though, especially to the general audience, the emptiness of space remains vast and not entirely explored so it’s really as simple as a sentence or two talking about how risky and uncharted this area of space is, jumping there, having that area or space seem really strange and unlike anything we’ve seen before and they’re good.

[​IMG]

7. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    But the official placard said they are.

8. Alliyah Skywalker

Dec 18, 2017
    JJ might have asked for some "diversions" in terms of spoilers. If it's a placard, at least it's not him openly lying again about a movie.

9. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Since when is MSW suddenly a more reliable source of info than LFL?

10. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Wasn’t the placard removed soon afterward? Perhaps JJ decided afterward that less is more given the entirety of their evolving role in the story.

11. Alliyah Skywalker

Dec 18, 2017
    Putting out iffy description on toys is low on the totem pole of a company fudging a bit to preserve spoilers.

Maybe MSW is being fed false info, sure, but maybe their leaks are valid. Nothing sounds outrageous for JJ. I think it sounds messy as hell and more like one of his worse projects but not out of line for him. Or Terrio.

12. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    so was George's

Darth Buzz likes this.
  13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    The First Order is definitely using them but it makes no sense for Kylo to create something named after the Sith.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Agree to disagree.

15. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Dang, Palpatine is going to play a MAJOR role in the film. That surprised me a bit, but I am not upset! This news honestly has me more confused about the movie, which I LOVE!

Neesh likes this.
  16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Makes it seem like Palpatine is returning in the flesh to control this Sith Army. Wonder what leads to him being resurrected, because I doubt Kylo would seek him out.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well if we go by other rumors then he needs a host body to come back. Palpatine is probably still dead.

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Unless he's changed his mind and decided to go all in as a Sith. It's very easy for me to imagine him doing that.

JoJoPenelli and Neesh like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Go big and crash hard JJ then timid and forgettable, that’s my philisophy.

20. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Don't forget MSW only have a imperfect pictures of things to come, They may be somehow correct but with a couple of things being distorted. Also it seems that there's a kind of echo chamber here at work! Now i read posters speaking about the Resistance sledgehammer from TFA script leftovers...take it east guys :)

The story will or won't feel coherent, but that's not something you can get from tidbits. And it doesn't mean the movie will take 3 hours, we clealy could have said the same about TFA and TLJ, and they turned out to be quite long but not THAT long.

so lack of context + we don't know if any of this is details or main plot + lost in translation + things got wrong + we're-already-making-the-movie-in-our-head = don't take it all like gospel!! For all we know, MSW is half-right and Kylo Ren is looking for something in the unknown regions but it's not the super fleet or the sith troopers...We'll see...

cwustudent and KSennia like this.
  21. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    https://www.starwars.com/news/who-is-grand-admiral-thrawn?cmp=smc|2514503252

"As usual, Emperor Palpatine was also manipulating the situation on his own. He used Thrawn’s knowledge of the Unknown Regions to fill in empty spaces on Imperial maps. The final vestiges of the Empire would use one of these maps, sourced from an observatory on Jakku, to evade the New Republic. Creating the maps was just one of many pieces of Palpatine’s strategy to ensure the Empire lived on beyond him."

Makes me think with the new info on the hiding Sith Fleet in the Unknown Regions that LF has been spinning what is going to turn out as some incredible long-form storytelling.

Darth Caliban and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    First ten minutes being unknown regions emperor and KOR stuff would be an awesome start to the movie.

23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    We have only seen the First Order troopers in the trailers - On Pasaana and with Kylo in the burnt forest. That would suggest that the Sith Army are not around in the early stages of the movie. So perhaps early doors the KoR return and tell Kylo that there's a whole force out there that only answer to the Sith. Kylo then has his helmet reforged, renames himself Darth Ren and goes off in search of this 'Wayfinder' device to bring his new army back?

24. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Wait wait wait. If the Sith Troopers were hiding away in the UR for 30 some odd years, all due to Palpatine's planning....then.....why do they look like more modern versions of the FO troopers?

Did I miss something?

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    No, that's one of the main discussion points raised since the spoiler leaked.

WayoftheJedi and DarkGingerJedi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.