main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Palps with an army on chill for 30 years? And they’re just loyally waiting for him? Wow. I mean is there any contingency Palps has not thought of?

This and the time travel are really pushing it into Lost finale territory.

2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Modern-looking design language is actually older in Star Wars. See PT vs OT.

:p

More seriously, perhaps when he first finds them they are actually outfitted in red versions of the older Trooper armor and the first thing he does is upgrade that as General Pryde looks on. Perhaps that armor upgrade was going to be heading toward the regular Troopers but makes more sense to go to this elite crew based on what he’s seen of them. He orders them in red for the tradition.

Showing a look of how they are found now would telegraph the twist away more so maybe they’re focusing more on how the Sith Troopers look once integrated into the FO, rather than how they were first found.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Darth Caliban likes this.
  3. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    So for two movies we've gone on about the rag tag Rebels, er, Resistance and the New Republic and the First Order then out of nowhere in movie 3, here comes Palpatine, fleets of Sith troopers, the Unknown Regions?

Wow, could the New Republic and Luke, Han and Leia look any stupider? I guess we'll find out.

4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Palpatine makes everyone look stupid. He literally tricked an entire galaxy in the first 3 movies.

5. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    We don’t know if in-universe they’re called “Sith Troopers.”

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    (If the rumor is true) I just want to point out that JJ and company have such a lack of interest in the endless variety of aliens and cultures and belief systems in the GFFA that could be used for the story that they have to bring in an enemy from outside that's been lost for 30+ years.

This once again is not worldbuilding. These writers have no interest in the GFFA.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It kinda is worldbuilding. its just not very well planned out worldbuilding.

8. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    If Palps isn't the big bad Sith that commands this army, and there is another older Sith that has been manipulating him and the Rule of Two Sith then there is still plenty of world building that can be included here. We could see several new planets that are all under complete Sith control as Rey and Kylo go exploring this region. I think too many people are assuming Palps is the big bad because his laugh was in the trailer. I'm sure he's back, but I think the legacy of the Sith is greater than just his character- as awesome as his character is.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    yeah Palpatine's marauders were lost in space for 30 something years listening to Paint it Red by the Rolling Kybers awaiting his return from the containment sphere that was the Death Star II or was it Vader's helmet?!

Seems like every other week they change the rumored plotline to where its even more confusing to outright stupid.

Heck, even the "oracle" was in the Art of TFA,lol.

[​IMG]

10. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    "Your overconfidence is your weakness."
    "Oh, actually I have a contingency just in place I lose and die. In fact, my REAL overconfidence is in all of my contingencies in case failure... but I won't fail. I think. Maybe."

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I mean yeah Palps is smarter than most but on the other hand he actually met with Maul on the balcony of his apartment where anyone could've seen him[face_laugh]
    [​IMG]

12. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Good point [face_laugh]

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For the general audience, yes it will. For you and I? Not so much.

14. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    It was Vaders lightsaber:redsaber:

15. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Yup, even MSW brings it up in the article. I think there's plenty of ways around this, though. Could only have been split off of the FO recently, the designs themselves could both be old, there could be contact of some form between the two, Sith fleet could have spies amongst the FO and info is used to keep uniforms in the same vein so they can be eventually meshed back into a cohesive whole, there could be an intermediary that is responsible for uniform and armor design, etc...

WayoftheJedi likes this.
  16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Weren’t you one of the ones complaining that Kylo is a sucky villain?

Well now here’s your answer for the final film.

17. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    Or it’s a plot hole because they forgot about this little detail.:D

18. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    There's always that. And truth be told, it would be a pretty minor plot hole that I'm sure has been repeated in countless genre shows and movies.

19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    That sounds like something Darth Sidious would do.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    It was literally a placard on the Sith Trooper costume display at SDCC. Not a toy manufacturer - LFL itself.

It *is* bizarre to believe an outed-as-shady “leak” source over actual official information.

cwustudent and WayoftheJedi like this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's going to be very interesting to see how these developments play out with the various audiences because there is going to be quite massive qualitative differences.

If you have just watched TFA/TLJ, there could well be a 'where the hell did this lot all come from vibe?'.

On the other hand, if you're like me and have enjoyed the books, comics and animation covering other era stories far, far more, it's all been covered already and it'll be very satisfying to see it paid off in the highest profile medium, that is a numbered SW film.

22. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    because they are STILL terrified that someone( either a critic or a high profile fan ) will complain about something if it even slightly resembles a PT look or concept..because...

1. it kills their nerd cred
    2. it might leave 8 dollars on the table

23. Neesh

Neesh Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 2, 2019
    I haven't followed Jason Ward's shenanigans until very recently and have no idea of his track record or why he is seemingly considered a reliable source by so many. Did his leaks predict anything correctly from TFA or TLJ? Is it true that he once claimed Anakin would appear as a space seal or something like that in TLJ? Or is that just a reddit joke?

Not trying to start a discussion about the man personally, just wondering why there is so much faith put into these leaks.

24. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    The new EU has a lot of PT elements and TLJ did as well.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My guess is this has all been a very carefully laid plan by Palpatine. The Sith Troopers aren't some hidden army no one knows about but were actually thought to be Snoke's personal reserve force that Kylo now seeks to crush not just the Resistance but any dissenters within his own ranks. But with Snoke dead he doesn't have a way to locate them within the unstable Unknown Regions until he finds the Wayfinder thingy.

In reality though they're Palpatine's forces and Kylo is falling into a trap.

"A cur's weakness properly motivated can be a dangerous tool."

How do you motivate Hux to turn on Kylo? Have him kill Snoke. Snoke goaded Kylo into killing him knowing it would turn Hux against him and that in turn would make Kylo seek out this fleet. They're clones programmed to obey the Supreme Leader. Or so Kylo thinks but just like the clones of old at a crucial point they turn on Kylo. Boom... Order 66 Part Deux. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.