main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! Kylo will be like Randy Quaid’s character in Independence Day. Hey boys! I’m baaaaaack!!!!

2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Wasn't there some comcept art showing a fleet of star destroyers flying into a maelstrom and being destroyed? I think it was for ROTS.

alwayslurking likes this.
  3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    As much as I’d love that old Reddit 4chan rumor to me true (I was pushing here for Matt Smith to be a Knight of Ren who turns on Kylo Ren for a very long time) it doesn’t make sense to me why he wouldn’t immediately pounce if he’s in a new body like that. He’d have no reason not to try and end Kylo if he was Sidious there. So, no, not buying that Sidious is already in the picture early via Matt Smith as a Knight who is just waiting patiently to get his Sith Trooper army and strike— oh wait.... maybe I can see some more similarities now.

But still... if that’s Sidious he wouldn’t need to wait and it’s not like before where if he moves too soon he faces a gigantic Jedi Order. So, nahh. Not buying that aspect of the old “rumor.”

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Maybe Rey and Kylo Ren 'Force Flash' teleport/time travel while fighting each other and end up before Matt Smith as a young Palpatine. Young Palpatine intends to take over a body and then Force Flash/time travel back to the future, cheating death because Vader said Palpatine foresaw his own future death in The Empire Strikes Back! Yeah...no real enthusiasm for how this supposed idea is supposed to go.

cwustudent and PendragonM like this.
  5. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    I feel like someone got their signals crossed regarding Matt Smith.

"Be sure to keep Ian McDiarmid Matt Smith a secret. If we announce he's in the movie, everyone will know exactly who he's playing. But don't worry about keeping Matt Smith Ian McDiarmid a secret. He has no history with Star Wars, so announcing his casting would not exactly be a spoiler."

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Personally, IMHO, I think that Palpatine's spirit hopping from entity to entity is a great, if not the best, way to go. Shoot me down if you disagree. I respect different opinions. This is just mine. It would tie together Snoke and whoever Matt Smith is and the ailments of the galaxy and how they keep going and going until the spirit is destroyed once and for all.

As I've said a hundred times at least, if they don't somehow connect Snoke to Palpatine it's an opportunity wasted.

Luke'sSeveredHand, TadoFett and Paro like this.
  7. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/prequel-references-in-tlj.50047288/

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  8. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I am hoping for a strong connection between Palpatine and Snoke, but like others I think it would be going to far to suggest Palpatine was in Snoke the whole time.

It just seems a little simplistic, they clearly work better as two separate characters.

Yes, the parallels are there.

Although much like Lucas's own mirrors it is hard to say which are intentional and which are coincidence.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Snoke is the Grand Inquisitor. I've been telling you all this for years. :p

10. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Wouldn’t it be kind of weird that he didn’t learn from his first mistake and again got caught off guard by an apprentice after he pushed that apprentice and the person he knew he liked to connect?

There’s rumors that an acolyte of Sidious’ (Matt Smith?) will be communicating with Sidious and brings Sidious back. I’d accept Snoke as someone who was in that role before him. Maybe he eventually went rogue and got greedy and felt he didn’t need him any more? Perhaps this guy takes over that role once Sidious is gone due to Kylo Ren being at the top now?

I think the body possession and his return should be a bigger deal and experienced by the audience for the first time in real-time.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Ender_and_Bean

To me Matt Smith might play the role the Knight at the end of Indiana Jones 3 did but a evil version of him....Who gets possessed.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Can't say I'm overly excited by the new leaks to be honest. I'm still looking forward to see the movie, but the lack of leaks regarding Rey starts to seriously worry me. It's all about Kylo. Kylo and the KoR, Kylo and the Oracle, Kylo and the Sith troopers, Kylo and Palpatine... What's next, Kylo at the swimming-pool? Even for her first solo interviews in ages, when it came to SW DR was asked about Kylo. It feels like the story is Kylo's with Rey as a supporting character, and I don't like it. If the last Skywalker is so important that the story has to evolve around him, they should have made him the lead character; at least it would have been clear.

I REALLY hope that TROS has in fact something so big in store for Rey that they just don't let someone like Jason learn about it.

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    color me unsurprised about yet another superweapon.
    the ST is just a modern day reboot of the OT.

and the army the Sith Trooper seem like
    [​IMG]

14. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Her lineage reveal will be huge for her in IX. The moment she’s tied to Star Wars past and to some of these other characters and their history more she will feel less like Alice through the looking glass in this strange land she just discovered with all of these other people who’ve had generations of story. She’s clearly on the Goonies/Stranger Things adventure and the most powerful one there so she will have a huge role in action. Oddly enough I think her journey could have some Eleven parallels from Stranger Things in IX. Not from plot specifics so much as just her being around friends and having flashbacks from her McGuffin search and it tying into the truth of her full story.

TadoFett likes this.
  15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    the quest thing just seems a little too Indiana Jones, but if they make it original I'll be ok with it.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I do like a lot of what I'm hearing, I must say.

Bor Mullet, RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The super weapon stuff is WAYYY overblown. I doubt it will play any role in the film. It will just be thrown around like when Poe said the Drednot was a fleet killer. That didn’t play any role in TLJ ultimately. This likely won’t either.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The true narrative of TROS is under lock and key. Nobody is getting a real sense of what the story is until a week to go at best. This is mostly speculation based off some tidbits. No reason to come to any conclusion.

Yes but @Mila Lazarus that would made a Skywalker the central figure in the ST and that is not what Lucasfilm wanted as they wanted to get away from "the family saga" as Lucas obviously wanted to be about Anakin's grandkids but they insisted it wasn't. That is why I been saying since this all started. If you insist on having the OT characters and trying to do a true ST, go all in. You don't have to follow exactly what George wrote (he originally wanted the grandkids to be young like 14-16 if I remember right so I can see why Lucasfilm want the leads to be a bit older) but make it a true family story so it all connects 1-9. Then? You can do what you want going forward. Rey IMHO should been the central character in the next trilogy that takes place hundreds of years later after the Skywalker Saga. Then again I think even using the legendary characters was a mistake in the first place but that is near nor there. We are stuck with what they got now and hope they put together.

It does to me too @christophero30 but I think the movie is going to move fast and go from one set piece to the next similiar to how TFA was. I think it can play out well if the pacing is good. For once I think moving quickly will be benefical and not stopping for character development. They are who they are at this point.

christophero30 likes this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    A part of me wants it to involve riddles of Star Wars past that the characters don’t know but we all do as fans. I’m a sucker for dramatic irony.

POE: It says here that Vader buried it at the planet of his greatest failure and regret? At a castle? A castle? Am I reading this right?

FINN: Maz had the only castle I’ve seen.

(Audience knows)

C3PO: Commander.

POE: What is it Threepio? We’re busy.

C3PO: I believe R2 may have an idea.

WIPE TO: Falcon arriving at Mustafar

I’m a sucker for scenes like that.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    All this also sounds very much in-character for Palpatine, too.

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not really IF his goal was to bait a Skywalker heir to become the new master of evil. Perhaps he envisioned it and knew Kylo would strike him down and knew that Kylo would stay evil and take the throne. And perhaps even that he knew Kylo would pursue Rey as his new apprentice. If done correctly, that would make sense and be a big AH-HAH moment. Snoke was either a puppet used to lure Kylo deeper into the dark side when Palpatine couldn't be there himself OR Snoke was some form of Palpatine himself. That would fit Snoke into the overall story nicely.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    I agree. If Snoke was Plapy all along, it would definitely "fix" some of my disappointment regarding this character. It would also make it much easier to explain why Snoke was so powerful.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Theory

Matt Smith is Snoke's other apprentice that was mentioned back during I think either a Io9 or Star Wars insider magazine.

TadoFett and christophero30 like this.
  24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I keep hearing Matt Smith is voicing an alien. Not sure if it is true.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So far this has been the prevailing rumor

• The rumor is that Matt Smith isn’t Palpatine reborn or rejuvenated but a dark side acolyte.
    • However, during The Rise of Skywalker, Smith’s character is willfully possessed by the spirit of Emperor Palpatine.
    • During the final act of the film Rey and Kylo team up to fight the Palpatine possessed Matt Smith.
    • The two-on-one duel is pretty intense for the duo.
    • Eventually Kylo Ren kills Palpatine’s host body
    • Palpatine’s spirit then jumps into Kylo Ren’s body.
    • Kylo Ren is strong enough to not lose total control of his mental faculties.
    • Kylo Ren struggles to take control of his body but subdues himself and his weapon while beckoning Rey to kill him.
    • Kylo does the right thing and becomes Ben Solo again as he sacrifices himself to kill Palpatine.
    • Rey having never toyed with the dark side like Kylo Ren and the acolyte did means Palpatine has body evil enough to inhabit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.