main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    If you listen to the scene, Vader grunts in pain, then actually growls in anger before attacking.

2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. It really sets him off.

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Just watched ANH yesterday and noticed what looks like an ash tray (full of used cigarettes) on the bench in front of Han, during the Luke training with the ball onboard the Falcon scene. Anyone know what that is or is supposed to be...??

4. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    A receptacle for used death sticks, perhaps.

5. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Bossk in the background at Jabba's palace in ROTJ. I don't remember when the first time I noticed this was, but I don't think it was when I first saw the movie.

6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Yes, I believe he saved Fett after he got out of the sarlacc, iirc (Tales from Jabba's Palace)

Yep, found it. "In a 1995 anthology story, Fett nearly kills the Sarlacc, and a 1996 story narrates how Dengar, one of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back finds him and restores him back to health."

7. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Was watching Jedi with my son yesterday and noticed Bossk on Jabba's barge. I've always spotted Dengar at the Palace, and I've seen stills of Bossk aboard the barge, but you can really see him well (briefly) as Jabba is speaking before the execution.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Boba Fetts blaster rifle completely changes between TESB and ROTJ :eek: He is my favourite character and I have only just noticed that this week after having watched the films numerous times over the years!

Jediking97 and sith_rhino like this.
  9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    In TESB, when Boba Fett and the Bespin guards are taking Han Solo away in the carbonite block, Luke ducks out of sight and pulls out his blaster, with the faintest of clicks. Fett hears this as he is walking down the corridor and glances quickly towards Luke’s direction, which explains why he returns suddenly a second later and fires at him. It’s a cool, blink-and-you-miss-it detail, you have to look closely to see him turn his head.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    In ANH, during the first scene of Vader's entrance, you can hear a distinct whacking sound along with someone slumping over. This is a subtle nod to the fact that someone broke into my home while I was watching the film, knocked me out, and stole all my electronics.

11. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

“Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!”

12. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Until a few years ago, that Han was the one saying, “It’s over commander!” to lure the Imperial forces outside the shield generator.

13. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    I must have watched ROTJ 3,720 to 1 times and I never noticed the scene when the guy talking to the imperials that says "It's over commander the rebels are fleeing into the woods we will need more reinforcements" was Han instead of a random AT-ST driver.

14. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    I noticed that when in Battlefront II (2005) and always wondered why weren't they in the movie. Although I think in the DVD version you can see them when Leia saves Han from Carbonite

christophero30 likes this.
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The golden dice on the cockpit of the Falcon. Didn't even know they existed until they featured prominently in TLJ and Solo.

16. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Neither did I. I had heard something about dice hanging in the cockpit, but I had always assumed they were fuzzy dice.

17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I may have noticed them back when I first saw ANH, but the first time I remember their being called attention to was in the old Marvel comic book. In the first issue after their ROTJ adaptation, Han is in the cockpit of the Falcon and notices the dice. He mentions that they're the dice he won the ship with, back before EU continuity was a big deal.

Count Yubnub and Princess_Tina like this.
  18. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That's why it is so weird that Disney lucasfilm made them into a big deal. Hardly anybody had seen them or knew about them in the OT.

PintoDog32 likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I noticed them the first time I saw SW. Chewie rushed into the cockpit to power up the Falcon in Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 and bumped them with his head. It was the first time we ever saw the Falcon's cockpit and they were there right from the beginning.

StartCenterEnd and TOASTEROVEN like this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    You're one of the few who did then. ^:)^

Sarge likes this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They were shiny and they caught the light as they swung back and forth after Chewie brushed against them. I thought they were hard to miss.

StartCenterEnd and TOASTEROVEN like this.
  22. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Mark’s blonde, but there’s a huge difference between sandy blonde (basically brown) and platinum blonde. In the early merchandise, he was just yellow-haired. I wonder why he was the only character to have this kind of difficulty with hair color.

The Jerba from ANH is on the other side. That animatronic animal was only in the background of Mos Eisley briefly.

The fun fact I found recently is that you can see the McQuarrie-inspired red bacta tank in the background while Luke is recuperating from the wampa attack in ESB. Somehow the effect failed on set (the lights may have drowned it out).

23. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    It took me many many viewings to notice, in ESB in one of the hangar scenes, the people and the medical droid that Han talks to were attending to a tauntaun that’s lying down, presumably providing medical attention.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Gotta take care of your TaunTauns!!! [face_tee_hee]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Ah that's a holdover from the deleted wampa attack.
    [​IMG]
    Amazing that they removed an entire subplot from the movie and A) nobody noticed, and B) the film was better off for it.