main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Roll Out

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    is... is this canon?

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would say definitely not.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Story Group approves. Canon.

revan772 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That is laughably cheap animation.

[face_sick][face_sigh]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Jesta' likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    obviously for young children. But does it include new canon stories I wonder. A commentor mentioned a mini, black haired Han Solo ball at :25 Ben Solo?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  6. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    It should be.

TROS but everyone is a BB unit, MAKE IT HAPPEN, JJ

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But that doesn’t necessarily make it canon.

‘“While The Freemaker Adventures is not considered canon, the creators Motz and Roth and director Hegner still consulted the Lucasfilm Story Group members Leland Chee and Carrie Beck to ensure that the show did not contradict the official Canon storyline.[5][20]However, the Story Group still allowed the show's production team to "take liberties for the comedy of situations."’
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/LEGO_Star_Wars:_The_Freemaker_Adventures

And what would really be canon, anyway? That there’s an alternate universe in SW where all the characters roll like BB-8? :p

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I know, I was being tongue-in-cheek. And hey, if Marvel can have a multiverse, why can't Star Wars? :bb8: ]-}

Darthur C. Clarke and EHT like this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_sigh]That is complete ****. Do they not realise that young children like stories too? You can tell a simple story in 2 minutes using just animation, easy. This though has nothing. It is just a series of pointless events.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Blackhole you just gotta accept at this point that all these Star Wars programs aimed at kids aren't for you. Your tastes have obviously matured, and Star Wars isn't keeping up with you. It's not always fun when one outgrows their favorite franchises, but oftentimes it's a natural byproduct of getting older.

Outsourced likes this.
  12. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003

Save the rain forest? [face_dunno]

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_laugh] Of course I know it isn't aimed at fans my age. That doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between a good children's short cartoon and a poor one though.

14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    wow....they're really milking the whole 'make a shallow and intentionally cheap animation for the sake of attracting fans under the age of 5' business practice.

15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well speak for yourself, I enjoyed it. :) But our opinions don't matter anyway, as we are not children.

16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    It was a fun little diversion for a couple of minutes. Galaxy of Adventures remains the high point for me out of all the shorts so far (though I did love the Blips)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    When I saw the thread title, I thought this was the long-awaited Transformers crossover.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably would've been more interesting if it were a Transformers crossover. ;)

To each their own and all - but I don't know. My view is they are already losing the young child audience demographic and dividing the adult audience with mediocre to inferior product after a string of bad decisions. Even the Star Wars toy brand is suffering already. I don't see this as a positive or exciting news, with this a very stupid and deformed theme regardless if its for kids. They should just left it with Star Wars :Lego, since Lego usually always puts out a top notch product regardless if its silly too. The 80's kids Star Wars toons were for kids too, but they worked better, they could've done something like Droids and Ewoks style.

But I think most fans are waiting around for an animated series of the quality of TCW, one that lasts seasons again. So we may have to wait a little longer.

19. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh man, I thought they were dreadful! But SW didn't suffer. Nothing was damaged by them (except maybe my brain).

These look just as rubbish to me but I'm a middle-aged guy. I'm sure there are plenty of three year olds who will dig them.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Cassian and The Mandalorian can't be released soon enough.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Resistance is here soon :p

22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I hope this isn't replacing Galaxy of Adventures. Plenty of room for multiple short animated YouTube SW series on the webs.

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It's not made by the people that did Galaxy of Adventures so no it isn't really a replacement. I suspect this is made by the same people that did Forces of Destiny, so you could say this is the FoD replacement.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm with Blackhole this is not my cup of tea and while I understand all this kiddie stuff, the reality is you have to put out a product that is viable. Marvel is doing wonders with there animation. They have there series, then there little youtube thing. I just don't sometimes get star wars. They want these season type episodes with super voice acting, then you come out with these low minute animation. You cant re-create the magic of the mico series. Those were special. They got close with Galaxy of Adventures but instead if 3 minutes they went down to one. What's next a 30 second clip now?

It could be that I have outgrown star wars too but common on. This is ridiculous.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011