main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Arena "YOU PAID HOW MUCH?" NBA/MADDEN/FIFA Franchise Mode

Discussion in 'Community' started by DANNASUK, Jul 16, 2019.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    A thread to collect all whacky, insane, brilliant and utterly disastrous seasons in NBA/MADDEN/FIFA franchise or career modes.

Mods: there is a rogue 'the' in the title. Please remove :(

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I created 31 fictional teams on NHL19 and having been playing through a season as the Brooklyn Goodfellas.
    Our logo is pizza and our colors are obviously green, white and red.

[​IMG]

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I started a career in the new QB1 mode on Madden 20. Lost in the semi-finals and threw three picks. Was decent at the combine but was drafted in the seventh round by the Bengals. I was cut after the final preseason game, didn't get picked up in free agency and ended up retiring. [face_laugh]

Started a new one and did a little better. Was drafted in the first round this time by the Dolphins. That's as far as I've gotten in my second career. It's a lot of fun so far.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    In the end you lose no matter what because you’re playing Madden.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I ended up with Miami, too. Don Draper has turned the league on its head by leading a prolific passing attack, with the 5-2 Dolphins running roughshod over the Steelers and Patriots.

Although I feel immense sadness for our token Fins fan @cubman987, because Don Draper will not save them in real life, and that roster is absolutely hideous.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    2-3 so far. Leading the league in passing but also second to last in scoring defense. Gave up a game-winning touchdown with less than a minute to go in my last game. :(

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    my last game was also poor. down at home by 21 to the jets (indicative of just how bad miami is), came back via the magical arm of don draper, missed what had to be like an 8 yard field goal to win at the end of regulation. what.

marched down to the 1 in OT, fumbled at the goal line. recovered by bart scott or bryan cox or whoever the **** still plays for the jets - as he ran away, unopposed, my machine coincidentally lost power, and my controller ended up across the room.

looks like the jets blew another one.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    One game left on my initial season with Dortmund - Champions League Final against Atletico Madrid.

Topped Bayern for the league title with four games to spare, despite getting one point in my two games against them. Bayern dropped their semifinal in Champions League be Atleti, while my Dortmund side bested Real Madrid. Kinda feel like I dodged a bullet there.

Bayern went out in the second round of the DFB-Pokal to a 2.Bundesliga side, can and in my last game a Christian Pulisic first half header on a perfect cross from Jadon Sancho gave me a 1-0 result in the Pokal final over Hoffenheim, meaning I'm playing for the treble.

Oddly, this will be my third meeting with Atletico, as we were drawn into the same Group. I split the series with them, each team winning at home, but they went on to top the group when I lost to Monaco. So I like my chances.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    inty i admire that you've kept dortmund's roster relatively intact.

when i franchise in fifa, my chelsea team is usually led by gareth bale, busquets, and cavani. reus is one i usually go after, too. i am the anti-arsenal, i buy everyone in sight - never sell kante or hazard, though - always sell david luiz and willian.

i guess this year i'll have to buy hazard. :(

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    me trying to follow the soccer stuff:

[​IMG]

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I was beyond pissed when someone paid Dahoud's buyout clause in the January window. Even though he'd barely been playing.

The only buys I did were Wil Trapp and Josh Sargeant for depth. And because 'Merica. Though Trapp had a stoppage time have winner against Brugge and Sargeant netted a hat trick against Bremen, after we clinched the title and I played the young guys.
    Same. Just "Madden" instead of soccer

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    My defensive woes continue. Gave up a huge lead against the Colts and goddamn Luck made me pay for it in overtime. Struggled in the second half offensively after being on fire in the first. Receivers dropped everything I threw to them. Gave up an interception in the fourth that lead to the game tying touchdown. Luck went right down the field in overtime and threw a touchdown because my defense can't stop a jetlagged high school team. Argh! :mad:

4-5 record. :(

heels1785 likes this.
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Brooklyn Goodfellas have advanced to the Conference Finals today while I was supposed to be working from home

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Don Draper led Miami to their first SB win this weekend, defeating Kyler Murray and the Cardinals (lol) 34-3. Beat the Patriots and Chiefs in the playoffs. Won MVP, OROY, and OPOY.

Tom Brady promptly retired.

[​IMG]

The AFC East belongs to me now. Until I demand my release from this sorry ass team.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Forget champagne. Tonight the pizza will be flowing!

[​IMG]

17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Okay hopping off NHL and into The Show.
    Introducing Chubby Butts. 5x5 pitching phenom drafted by the Miami Marlins ugh.
    [​IMG]

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    In the sixtieth minute, the Legendary Christian Pulisic did play a weighted ball up the left flank. The Godlike Achraf Hakimi did run on to the ball, and crossed it into the box. The brilliant Paco Alcácer hit it first time. The overmatched Jan Oblak outstretched his hand and leaped towards the upper corner, but was powerless to stop the ball from flying forcefully into the net. The travelling Yellow Wall burst into cheers.

Three minutes later, Antoine Griezeman went on a breakaway, and found himself one-on-one with Roman Bürki. Griezeman powered a hard, heavy shot to the left of Bürki and towards the top of the goal, but Bürki laid out, getting enough on the ball to tip it over the line for a corner. The corner was taken, sent into the box, and Hakimi the Great and Powerful headed it out, and the danger passed.

In the 89th minute, with Dortmund attempting to kill the clock, Atletico won the ball and quickly played it out, first to Griezeman, and then to Diego Costa. Once again, it was our hero - Achraf Hakimi - tracking back, cleaning winning the ball from Costa, and sending it back the other way. Atletico would find no more chances; Dortmund would be champions of Europe and complete the Treble.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    To fill the sports gap in my life, I started a new career, with Sunderland, trying to lift them out of the Third Division of English Football.

I'm eight games in, six wins and two draws, top of the table ...

... And the board is disappointed in my performance so far, as they need me to sell more shirts and promote/sign more popular players, but without a budget.

Never realized just how realistic the game was

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Has anyone got the latest Madden roster update game? Two and a half hours until the standard is playable. I hope Face of the Franchise is improved this year. High school championship, two years of college and more storylines once your career actually starts sounds great. Fingers crossed.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep. I play MUT, so I picked up the deluxe edition and got it Tuesday. There are parts of the game that feel much better - defensive AI, mainly. Lots feels just like last year, though. Get a free next-gen copy with purchase of current-gen though, so may get a better product this winter.

I've not played FOTF, but the new casual mode "The Yard" is quite fun. Its the Madden equivalent of NHL Threes and Volta in FIFA.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I’m really excited about trying out The Yard.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    language warning on gif behind spoiler
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  24. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been playing Franchise, and while the standard repetitive criticisms apply, I've really enjoyed the player progression system and much of the gameplay.

Also beating the Steelers 121-6 b/c I increased the playing time to 15 min quarters.

Some of the faces on the game are a joke though, I'd have thought they'd scan more high-profile guys.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    heels1785 likes this.
  25. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I’m happy to report that Sheev Palpatine has just won his high school football championship for Naboo

DarthIntegral likes this.