main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 8, 2019.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think those are just old characters to an ancient language. They were on Malachor as well. Then again, it's been theorized that Malachor is another portal to WBW, after all Ezra could reach out from within to there.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They says it's from an ancient time. Rakata anyone ?

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That trailer has certainly upped my anticipation for the second -- and final(!) -- season! :nttrooper::phasma::kylo::kylosaber:

Bor Mullet and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  4. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    something to do with mortis

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah most likley. Maybe another art of them. I hope in one of these new shows that come up we see them again in the past as theese gods or as ghosts.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Interesting... Well more interesting than episode 9 as in I'd like to watch this that I might pick up season 1 after all!

7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The trailer looks epic! And looks like we'll be getting quite a lot of planet hopping in Season 2. Actually makes me sad this is the final season.

TX-20 and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Figured it would be promptly wrapped up in the second season - here's hoping for a Rogue One style ending.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Can't say I'm not disappointed it's already ending, but hey, looks like they're going all out this season- lots more characters, more planets, and some big action set pieces.

TX-20 and Jedi Master Scorpio like this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah Resistance grew on me, sad that it is ending so soon, but it does seem like this may have been the idea all along. From what I have been seeing comment wise on the Internet (Yeah I know lol) it does appear that they had ideas of squeezing a 3rd season in, but plans obviously changed.

I'm pretty sure they have other Animated shows probably waiting in the wings for 2020 on Disney Plus. So I don't believe we will be waiting too long for a new show after Resistance concludes. And who knows? We might see Kaz and Torra along with Tam again. They are early teens and the Republic Government as well as the Military will be in need of some rebuilding.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I am surprised this is the last season cuz I figured with the gap between Episode VIII and IX they could get like 2 more seasons but interesting that they'll be momentum. didn't sound like Christie as Phasma which is a bit of a bummer but maybe they had to get way into the ST FO characters for this season and couldn't bring them back. I wonder what LFL Animation is doing now or are they all full bore on the Clone Wars. But we're still getting 1 more season so I am happy for that.

Anyway, most important thing ever in this trailer, Radar Technicians are canon!

[​IMG]

zackm, TX-20, MrDarth0 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm expecting a redemption arc for Tam with the help of Kaz and/or Synara as the main catalysts.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow, already over after two seasons. Well, I didn't expect season one to get nominated for an emmy. Heck, it could win. I'm wondering now what they have planned for the future after this and wonder if the viewership had anything to do with the season being the last one. Or maybe its just the source material.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just got around to watch the new trailer. Looks pretty good. One thing I'm not all that crazy about is yet another Basic-speaking Hutt. I thought Zero and his mother were the only ones. Just seems weird to me.

15. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Does anyone wanna talk about who warns Kaz about bounty hunters being after him in that hologram? Is it his dad? I mean he sounds different. He doesn’t look like Hugh Sion (Kaz’s squad mate from the premiere) and it’s definitely not Poe.

If he is Hamato Xiono, he seems to care about Kaz to some extent (enough to warn him about bounty hunters being after him). He must have been off-planet when the Hosnian System was destroyed. I wonder if he saw it via hologram and had an epiphany about the First Order. I also wonder if Kaz’s mom might have still been on that planet. Hamato realized that his son is all he has left.

Unless…he isn’t being genuine and is tricking Kaz into thinking he cares, but he’s really pretending to get close to Kaz in order to find out information about the Resistance and the Colossus for the First Order.

Also, I’m guessing the FO put a bounty on Kaz’s head after he single-handedly (Well, okay, not single-handedly) liberated the Colossus of the FO.

16. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Damn this Looks fine. So much lore and Content about the ST timeline. Great!

The Animation does look FANTASTIC! I think the style really shines in HD and Iam bummed they dont release Season I on Bluray. This Show deserves an HD release for sure!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I was surprised to find out that Kaz's father is still alive (even though in hindsight it makes sense that they wouldn't have killed off his character so soon after barely getting to know him). I thought for sure he'd been obliterated with the rest of the Hosnian system.

I too am looking forward to this. Like many others, I was surprised and a little disappointed to find out that Season 2 would be the last. Seems like the show is already ending right as it was really getting going. I was wondering what influenced them to end it so soon, and was concerned that maybe some of the online negativity played a part in it. Although...
    That actually makes a lot of sense. I still kinda wish they'd gone up to Season 3 at least; I feel there was enough room in the time gap between Ep 8 & 9 for two seasons' worth of story. But I can understand their reasoning for ending it where they are, if that is indeed the reason. I'm happy the show will still be getting a proper ending as opposed to being cancelled outright. That, and there's already several other projects coming down the pipeline, so I can see why maybe Disney didn't want to spread themselves too thin by keeping Reistance going alongside everything else.

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I wonder if the second season will hint at another upcoming series.

Surely, they must have another CGI show for all ages in the works.

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Looks like more action and less talking.

Can they repeat Rebels with some really unexpected cameos? Lando for a start, Wedge and a few what ifs such as Moff Jerjerrod escaped DSII at the same time as Luke. Leads it into TROS, especially as...
    DSII seemingly is appearing.[/SPOILERS]

20. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    Who's that female alien hanging around Neeku (The one that says "Planets are giving up")? Is she a Nautalon (sp?) or a Nikto?

21. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    That was my thought as well. I'd be surprised if we don't get another animated series in the near future, although I do wonder what it would be about and when it'd take place...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The next animation series will likley take place between ROTJ to TFA. And about Ashoka and Sabine looking for Ezra and Thrawn. Maybe Luke on his artifact hunt with lor san tekka

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  24. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I hope we get to see Kaz showing some shades of PTSD from seeing his home planet destroyed like we saw Della show some shades of PTSD on Ducktales (they only lasted for about two seconds, but still). I mean, I know men don’t show their emotions as much as women do, but I do think it’ll add more depth.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Synopsis for the first three episodes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]