main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Mods' Time Trials (Winners Announced & Masterlist of Prompts Posted!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Aug 7, 2019.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Um, hi.
    I haven't written in a while. I haven't had the words in me. But let's give this a try.

Tier 1. #1, if you please.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sent (actually sent it a while ago but its been a busy day)

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh gee, I would love to give this a try because it sounds like fun and a great way to dive back into writing... but I won’t be ready to actually start for some time because I’m on vacation with my family through next weekend. Is it OK if I sign up now (with no. 10) and just wait till much later to open, read, and acknowledge the PM?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes. Alternatively you can just wait to 'officially' sign up closer to when you think you will actually have time to sit down and write. That way you won't accidentally open the pm. More spots can be added to each tier on request, unless you really have your heart set on number 10.

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, good to know, thanks! Tier spots running out was exactly what I was concerned about, so I’m very glad to know you are willing to add more. In that case, I’ll probably wait to ask again sometime this weekend. Thanks again. :)

Mira_Jade and Raissa Baiard like this.
  7. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015

I'm at work. I will open it at lunch so that I can stew it over for an evening of writing.

24 hours. Yeesh.
    Keep it simple. A scene. Doesn't have to be a 3 act play.

8. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015

It's 1:30am here.
    Ummm.... I don't have a story. I have bits of one, but it won't come together in time.

So I return my number. Sorry.

... I'll make it work and get it out as a non-competition story. I sat down for a second session in the evening with a fuzzy, uncreative head and wrote all of one sentence. But I managed to watch half of the Clone Wars movie, which was nice.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Could I please have #9 to match my username? :)

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It's fine. You can still go for the "best story past its due date" - you have plenty of time for that. Either way we aren't 'returning' any numbers.

Sent!

11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'll give it a try. May I have number 4 please?

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Your PM has been sent! :D

13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My entry for the 24 hour time challenge, an Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon adventure:

Abducted

Mira_Jade likes this.
  14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  15. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Here's my entry:

Seven Seconds

Thanks for helping me get out of my writing rut and actually finish something!

16. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    This was fun. I think I'll try another one. May I have #10 please?

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, looks like the five-prompt tier is full now... mods, might you be able to add some more prompts to that one, please? That’s the level I’d be interested in taking (once the dust settles from this weekend). Thanks much! :)

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sent

Added.

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Excellent, thanks! I'd like 48E, please. May the Force be with me...! :D

(Just out of curiosity, why are these five new ones numbered 48A–E and not 10A–E?)

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Loved these prompts! Here is my entry for the 5 prompts, 48 hours challenge.

Penance

22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yay for the brave souls tackling the 72 hour tier! I can't wait to see what you come up with. [face_dancing] [face_mischief]

Alrighty, the index is updated and PMs are sent. I admittedly did so in a jiffy on a work break, so all errors are mine, if and when they pop up. :p

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  24. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm not ready for tier three yet, but I will take #10-B, please, from tier two. [face_nail_biting]

25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm gonna be brave, or foolish. We'll find out soon enough. I'm gonna tackle tier 3. #15 please.