main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Well, there's a fly in the ointment then....

What we can discount is this having anything to do with Threepio's memories being backed up to the ship's computer before getting erased. That happened (if it did happen) on the Tantive III not the IV.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    True. It wouldn't be his memories that were erased in ROTS. I think it makes more sense if it's something that was erased between trilogies for security reasons. Maybe something to do with the superweapon that was meant to be a part of TFA.

"Alderaan is peaceful. We have no weapons... because my father hid them all." :p

3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, definitely on board the notion that set's for more than a flash-fight appearance. Pretty convinced it is indeed Yavin personally though, at least the shot with the Runner, harder to say about the 3PO shot.

Also, only kinda just noticed the red on the cockpit of Ben's new ride. Hmm. Could this even be after he's discovered the Sith army, for whatever reason been able to get his hands on one of their fights before getting as far away from them as he can? *Shrugs* Wouldn't seem to add up as he's attacking Rey, and Pasaana's probably not third act, but just thought the red was interesting.

4. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    It's the same ship, the Tantive IV, same location in both - the two second clip from the sizzle reel and the pic that @Darth Chiznuk posted with Threepio in the foreground.

5. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Ah, the Tantive IV - that's the first ship that we see in Star Wars (getting bombarded by Vader's Star Destroyer) and it will be a pleasant surprise to see it back in the last movie of the saga... ^:)^

Also, I don't know about you guys Stateside but here in Malaysia, the Tantive IV is one of the hardest models to find - EVER... Which means that if it makes frequent appearances in TROS, I'm hoping that Hot Wheels or Tomica will release models of this iconic spaceship here, otherwise I will have to pay a bomb to buy the Tantive IV in eBay or Amazon! :p

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  6. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I posted this is another thread. This is entirely speculation; but maybe the heroes find the Tantive IV at a different place and then fly it to Yavin 4 both as parts of the MacGuffin finding trail that is rumoured. That was my thought when trying to piece together the ship, apparent location and Episode IX period.

Or...it could be the Tantive V [face_laugh] left at the Yavin 4 rebel base!! But that would be a bit rubbish.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I doubt it's anywhere near a 1:1 scale Blockade Runner, more likely an illusion using forced perspective, they've done similar with the Falcon before.

OOPs I meant Profundity, I thought it was Tantive III that was at the Rebel base and transported Bail back to Alderaan but that's just my guess. Was it the RO novelization that said Tantive IV was undergoing repairs? Could this lead to the reason and Leia or Threepio's presence on Yavin IV prior to the Kenobi mission and key to why Kylo and Rey are there?

moxlox likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Raddus can easily handle having a ship dock on him. Such is his might.

9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    That sounds like code. Dirty devil.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Raddus is so mighty that he barely even notices ships docking on him. He might feel an occasional itch, at most.

11. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    So watching the leaked footage, it does show the blockade runner parked with at least one person casually walking underneath it. It felt like a normal establishing shot. The next footage shown was Poe walking around a resistance base with monitors. Not saying that's how it will be edited in the movie, but for the trailers sake it felt like they were connected and in the present.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Had to run it a few times to make sure that the ship was actually the Tantive IV. Looks like there's someone falling/climbing down the front of the ship as it takes off.

13. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    So, we can nix the force-flash-fight thing as far as Yavin? Schweet, sounds like we're actually going there.

14. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    I may have been a fan of the Millennium Falcon since 2015, and she’s the focus of my entire social media presence, but I have a weird feeling that she’ll be the highest-profile casualty in TROS... And who else to pilot the ship in that last ride but her original owner Lando, brought back to the franchise for one final reunion with his beloved Hunk of Junk? :(

This will be the end of an era, for sure - even if there will be no let up in terms of introduction of cool new spacecraft in Star Wars... And more models to purchase to grow my collection, in the process! =D=

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

The ship is stationary with the camera panning down. There's another person down by the ladder and another casually walking away. Plus as you noted, there's someone being lowered from the front. Possibly a maintenance worker.

It looks like an establishing shot of the resistance/rebel hangar wiith the next shot in the video being Poe walking through the base.

16. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    B-wings confirmed!

Cantina Regular, moxlox and Xael like this.
  17. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. I'm wondering if those are oldschool OT era ships, the B's and Y's and all, or if it's maybe updates New Republic/ST era ones, like the X-Wings in the movies and Resistance.

Kinda stands to reason the B's and Y's would be really old and run-down by now, but guess there's no reason they can't be newer evolved versions like the X-Wings and A-Wings.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Most of the vehicles in the OT were already really old and run down.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Those are updated versions of the X, Y and A Wings. We have not got a close enough look at the B-Wings to see what era they are from.

20. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I hope that small flotilla isn’t the whole Resistance Fleet.

Pons and dekaneas like this.
  21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I think it is.....until Chewie and Lando turn up leading the cavalry.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Still how can these few ships possibly repel that monstrous sized fleet of Star Destroyers?

[​IMG]
    Unless that is a vision....

Then there's this at 2mins 11 secs...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    How about a flip? None of those (old) ISDs look as though they have a cannon big enough to do that amount of damage but what about the Resistance having such a weapon somewhere? Could be a First Order base that's being fried in that trailer and the ISDs could suffer the same fate. Besides it's a red beam....

EDIT: On second thoughts I think that's Kijimi that's getting fried, probably from a F.O. Dreadnaught.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  24. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    The ISD's are the cavalry. The Resistance had too many volunteers, and not enough ships...so after stumbling on an old ISD 'mothball' site, the Resistance decided to put them to good use.

25. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That would actually be an interesting turn, if the ISDs were similar to the Katana fleet, just drifting in space, waiting to be claimed. I'm not convinced just yet that they are real though - could be an illusion or projection to scatter the Resistance. Speaking of which, can anyone identify the Resistance frigate next to the blockade runner? Its look like it might be a troop transport, as it may have a bay similar the transport in TFA that deploys troops alongside Leia.