main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "Truth in a Whisper" Amanda/Sarek for DDC 2019

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 8, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota - Disclaimer-- Borrowing with love for the half marathon Dear Diary Challenge

Genre: Humor, Introspection, Romance, Drama

~~

My bondmate is scrutinizing me with avid curiosity as I write in this "old-fashioned" leather-bound journal. My sister, Sondra, introduced me to the joys of gushing and venting privately in a diary as a teenager.

It's the anniversary of Sarek's and my first date ... and such a thing has gotten me in a reflective, sentimental mood.

Sarek and I have gone through so many things, ups and downs, highs and lows. But I wouldn't trade one second of our time together for all the worlds! He is my "other half," my "mirror," as I hope I am his.

I cannot help recalling with deep amusement that our first encounter was not exactly auspicious ...
    ++++

[face_mischief]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Kahara, RX_Sith and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A diary from Amanda, that will be interesting to follow

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great start with a great couple.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for reading, and welcome @};-

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

During a school outing with my third-form class to a museum exhibit featuring the high cultural and societal milestones of the Vulcan world and colonies, it was a coincidence, though one I did not dare call fortuitous at the time, that the Vulcan Ambassador was being given a complementary tour by the museum's curator. My colleague, Ashley Fenton, was also there with her 4th-form class. I had just pointed out to my class a facet of Vulcan art, with which I felt I was conversant, the use of color and pattern.

It was at this point that I wished the floor could've opened up and swallowed me, for the Vulcan Ambassador, Sarek, very courteously corrected my supposition. He was very polite, naturally, and I thanked him dutifully, but I was still embarrassed. It's not that I expected or wanted my students to think I was infallible, but still ... of course, there was no other way he could've corrected my mis-statement, but still, that didn't change my reaction.
    After the tour concluded, Ashley and I led our classes to the transport lot, where the school's air-buses were waiting.

When I returned to my class, I found a message in my inbox from the Ambassador. He had inquired of the curator who was bringing their classes to the exhibit that day and wished to apologize for any undesired embarrassment he might have caused.

I was pleasantly surprised and immediately responded that I had been embarrassed, but that no apology was necessary. I had appreciated it, once the reflexive sense of chagrin had passed.

He replied to this message by saying he was relieved to hear this, and I thought that would be the end of any contact. Little did I know ...

++++

;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Kahara and RX_Sith like this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, obviously more to follow concerning Amanda and Sarek.

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I've been excited to read this for months now, and you most certainly do not disappoint! You are off to a lovely start already! [face_love] =D=

First of all, I have to applaud how natural the image of Amanda with a leather bound diary was, along with her history of journaling from her sister. It was the perfect way to start, especially seeing as Amanda now has the best story to put down in words! [face_love] :*

Then, this was definitely a meeting for the ages. :oops: Poor Amanda - I could only sympathize with her embarrassment in being corrected, no matter that she accepted his imput with grace and aplomb! But what really struck me was Sarek understanding the nuisances of Human emotion and following up with her afterwards - even to the point of his expressing concern and then relief! Amanda has left more of an impression than she realizes, it seems, and now I can't wait to see where they go next from here. [face_love] =D=[:D]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    the end of any contact?

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amanda is speculating that their paths will not cross again. [face_thinking] :)

Mira_Jade likes this.
  10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Well, we know how that turned out. ;)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

I was interested in doing things in the community in a charitable vein, such as Reading Hour at the Children's Library. Even though many books were interactive, the children seemed to like best the "old fashioned kind," where they could use their imaginations.

Another thing I enjoyed was amateur theater; I liked watching the performances and they were often quite entertaining. The gentleman in charge of this endeavor was Brandon Gilcrest, whose blue-gray eyes held more than a little bit of wry amusement; his voice was well-suited to one involved in community outreach and the theater, being rich and vibrant.

He contacted me for ideas for the upcoming summer season, and we met over sliders and Greek salad.

We chatted about various possible productions, and he invited me to join him and his daughter at the water park that weekend. (He was a single Dad, and he had an extra admission ticket that was half-off.)

I loved anything to do with the water, so I agreed, making it quite clear however, this was not a date.

His daughter was named Robyn and was vivacious and cute with many dimples.

We had a great time on the water slides and the speedy water coasters.

A few weeks later, I attended a dress rehearsal of "As You Like It," and as I exited, whom should I encounter but Ambassador Sarek, who was finishing a meeting with someone attached to securing a venue for an upcoming diplomatic function.

We exchanged courteous hellos, and he asked if I would like to stop by the nearest café for a bit of refreshment. "The meeting I was in dragged on interminably," He told me, "I would welcome a respite from negotiating."

I laughed. "I would love it. What I was doing sounds a great deal less stressful, but I'll never turn down sweets and a mugful of something hot."

We talked easily about work and our avocations. It turned out he enjoyed live theater and music concerts, as I did.

He told me that as a newly appointed diplomat he did not know many socially, and at the upcoming function, he feared he would be bombarded by what Ashley would call "people with secret agendas," -- which we were all to familiar with having to work with the school boards!

"There's nothing worse!" I said with true sympathy.

Sarek then asked if I would be his guest at the function, to throw off and discourage any would-be attempts at enmeshing him in uninteresting conversations and unwelcome flirtations.

I accepted readily, thinking of a turquoise outfit that would work splendidly for the evening.

It did not cross my mind to think of whether the 'rumor mill' would churn at the two of us together ... and even if it did, for some odd reason, it did not bother me.

++++
    ;)

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad that Amanda and Sarek have common interests and that she doesn't mind being seen with him.

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I like how this update set up Amanda's likes and interests as herself. She has excellent taste already - in more ways than one. [face_mischief]

Sarek clearly sees that she's a gem already - even if just as a 'safe' option to attend a function with. But it says so much that he is already so comfortable with her! I look forward to seeing how their function together goes. I can already imagine the rumor mill churning. For once, I can't begrudge them their curiosity in the slightest. [face_laugh] :p [face_tee_hee]

[face_love] =D=

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the super reviews. :)

~~

I wore a turquoise outfit and wore my hair loose around my shoulders in gentle waves.

Sarek was all that a lady could want in a dinner companion, courteous and conversant on a wide variety of topics relating to history, art, and culture. He navigated the trickier waters of delicate subjects set forth by opposing political interests with tact but without seeming to come off as wibbly-wobbly on a point. You came away with the clear impression that he had firm opinions, was willing to listen to both sides, but would not be pushed or flattered into one "camp versus the other." If he changed his stance on a matter, it would be based on sound, tangible evidence.

I admired him greatly. I did not suffer fools, period. They gave me a headache of migraine proportions. I asked him on the way back to my conapt how he did it.

"I do not tolerate idiocy either," he answered with a strong undercurrent of amusement. "It is, however, an occupational hazard. I try to infuse any proceeding with a strong element of rationality."

I laughed. "I have no doubt that you are very successful!"

"You comported yourself with an incredible measure of elegance, poise, and vibrance," Sarek observed, to my blushing pleasure. "Would you be amenable to joining me for another evening, not necessarily for a diplomatic function, but for live music or theater?"

"I would be very happy to," I said with undisguised happiness at being asked.

++++

Kahara, Mira_Jade and RX_Sith like this.
  15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sarek is quite logical in his approach to politics and romance.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum! And the fact that Spock is also in the latter instance makes me just MELT! ;)

RX_Sith and Mira_Jade like this.
  17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, I loved this update! [face_love] =D=

As much as it was beautiful seeing Sarek and Amanda interact at the political function, it was all of the underlying currents that were just so satisfying to take away! There's so much going on, all with just a few choice words, and that's something I admire about your work in general. :) =D=

This was a beautiful characterization - and spot on to a T!

Our Amanda is a wise lady! And it says volumes to what she'd see in Sarek, too. He's most certainly not a fool - even if he has to deal with them on a regular basis through his line of work. :p

Aw! And you know that when you get a compliment like that from a Vulcan, he's in no way offering empty flattery. That's his true and honest opinion. [face_love]

He's a smooth player, too! Look at him, already asking for another date - even if we'll just call it a date ourselves for now. [face_mischief] These two are already so smitten, and it's an honest to goodness joy to read the inception of their relationship. [face_love]

Thanks for sharing another wonderful update with us! =D= [:D]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

My friends and colleagues, Ashley and Glynnis plied me with questions about my evening with Sarek. I had nothing but glowing things to say, and I told them in no uncertain terms that I didn't need them to attempt to match me up with anyone they thought I would find amenable. I was not one for the 'blind date', and now that I had spent time with Sarek, I was even more averse to the idea. I also didn't want even the possibility that such would get back to him and give him the wrong idea. Not that we were officially a couple, but I certainly didn't want to sabotage the opportunity.

+++
    ;)

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Earth to Amanda: You are a couple.

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Bwaha!!! [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_rofl] [face_love] I think @RX_Sith took the words right out of my mouth - there's a reason Amanda doesn't want to be set up by her well meaning friends, now more so than ever. It may not be official between her and Sarek yet, but that's just schematics. :p [face_whistling]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] The only thing more adorable than a couple realizing they have feelings is the pre-realization phase, otherwise known as floating on the river of Denial. [face_mischief]

Mira_Jade likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Amanda GO FOR SAREK

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D for capslock [face_laugh]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

It is strange how the most incidental things can connect in your mind. While visiting my sister's family one weekend (they have a therapy ranch), I indulged in a bit of horseback riding. I enjoy this very much. Cantering over rolling meadows is very relaxing. But what caught me unawares was I suddenly found myself imagining Sarek on horseback, and I have no shame in admitting it was a very pleasant image! I found myself basking in it like a blushing teen, which I need hardly say I had never actually been in the tropey sense, which made the fact all the more startling.

When I shared this nugget of interest with Ashley over teriyaki beef sliders on Monday, her hazel eyes lit. "Amanda!" She enthused.

"Now, don't you go reading into that!" I warned.

Ashley laughed. "I don't have to!" She was all exuberant glee, and oddly enough, so was I.

++++

[face_mischief]

=P~

Kahara, Mira_Jade and RX_Sith like this.
  25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    More gushing emotions to try to deny.