main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Poll: Favourite Solo Character

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jordan1Kenobi , May 24, 2018.

?

Who was your favourite Solo character?

1. Han Solo

69 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Chewbacca

40 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Lando Calrissian

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Qi’ra

27 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Tobias Beckett

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Dryden Vos

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. L3-37

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. Enfys Nest

29 vote(s)
    12.6%
  9. Val

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Rio Durant

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m 100% with you. But I’m also 95% OK with the Anthology stuff being given long form treatment via multi-season TV shows instead. Not least as for me, the replay value of TV shows is much greater than for films, given the layers and depth of the storytelling. So if the plan is to put all the Anthology money and creative energy into TV, that might be the best thing to ever happen to Star Wars.

That said, seeing Rogue One and Solo in the cinema was phenomenal. So I would like a couple more experiences like that.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Han. But I have to say the Lando impression was spot on amazing.

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Glover portraying Lando is one of few things of the movie that I just consider great without any "but". I think he was perfect for the role.

4. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I'm not really counting previously-introduced characters like Han and Lando, as even though I love them and I think the new actors did a great job, it's a love that largely stems from the original trilogy.

So with that said, my vote goes to Tobias Beckett. It was interesting to see what it was like for Han to have a mentor, and how it turned out different from Luke being mentored by Obi-Wan and Yoda. Also the twists with Tobias' character and how there's more to him than it initially seems; I thought he was the most layered character in the movie. I liked Qi'ra as well, for many of the same reasons, but I prefer Tobias just a little. If nothing else, Woody Harrelson's performance was just too delicious. ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Agreed. Sometimes, casting decisions are so right that to consider anybody else would be madness. It's hard too when trying to portray a version of a character that is so established by another actor, and I always think the success of that is whether I believe that the performance is convincing me that I am seeing the younger (or older) character straight away. But Donald Glover is Lando!

His line when they are escaping Kessel and he says "A spectacular way of killing us all, I'll give you that!" sounds just like Billy Dee Williams too.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Bor Mullet and 3sm1r like this.
  6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Chewbacca, but if where talking just original characters then Tobias Beckett who is one of my favorite New canon characters.

7. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    This is hard, because the movie featured some first-rate characters and performers. But who is my choice? Check out my icon.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Denaerys!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I think you mean Queen Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, Lady of Dragonstone, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    aka Sarah Connor

StardustSoldier and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    All of the characters were pretty great but I had to go with Dryden Vos - such a cool, original villain. I love the detail in how those strirations deepen in color depending on his anger.

Ehrenreich pulls off a young Solo really well though, and I thought there was a lot of nuance from Clarke in her portrayal of Qi'Ra.

12. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Han and Tobias Beckett tied for me

13. imperial scum

imperial scum Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2020
    Tobias Beckett was a great character, he should have his own adventure.
    Donald Glover's Lando was good, i especially liked that he makes references to Legends(Sharu).
    Indifferent to Ehrenreich's Han
    Dislike L3-37 and Qi'ra

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015