main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends [Mod Time Challenge-Tier1] "What I See" Kyp/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 3, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Characters: Kyp/OC

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and for this INSPIRING Mods! Challenge. @};-

24E
    1. Your TV trope is: Directionless Driver
    2. Your required line of dialogue is:
    "I don't know if this is an emergency, exactly."
    3. Your image is: IMG]
    (Original Link: https://pixabay.com/photos/thunderstorm-flashes-flash-weather-3625405/)

--------

Sevrina emerged from the simulator. She and Kyp had been honing their starfighter skills, in the X-wing and Y-wing. She was impressed by Kyp's knack for flying, as she was with virtually anything he did; he made it look easy and seamless.

She glanced overhead and saw that a brief summer storm was brewing, so she and Kyp hurried inside to the dining hall.

"I don't know if this is an emergency exactly," She told him, "But my R4 unit has been sluggish, and I don't want to take my X-wing out with it acting up."

"Probably needs a memory wipe," He said.

Sevrina observed, "I heard tell that Master Skywalker never wiped Artoo's memory."

Kyp laughed, his deep green eyes full of wry mischief. "That's what gives R2 the edge and the snarky comebacks! Seems like R2 is a cut above most droids, so what makes most droids function better would turn him into little more than a mouse-droid."

Sevrina smirked. "I certainly don't want that. Could you help me do a selective wipe, clear out the gunk and leave the personality?"

Kyp grinned. "Sure." Any opportunity to spend time with the lovely and vivacious Sevrina was something Kyp always welcomed.

As it turned out, the targeted memory wipe did help out, leaving Rubi better than new.

Kyp was unusually reflective, and Sevrina asked what was on his mind.

"Don't you ever wish we could perform a targeted memory wipe on ourselves? There are some things I wish I could forget I did."

"But they're part of what makes you, you," Sevrina answered. "As long as you don't repeat your mistakes ..."

Kyp gave an ironic shrug. "The ones I made I don't think you have to worry about that happening!"

Sevrina knew what he was referring to, and she favored him with a sympathetic smile. "You've become a better person for all that," She said.

He sighed. "Sometimes I feel like those mistakes are all people see when they look at me..."

"They're not all I see," Sevrina breathed.

He looked into her green-gold-striped eyes and saw nothing there but warm acceptance and a deep affection, so it was only natural that he kissed her...in gratitude, of course. For starters, but the way she returned it with heat and delight made it turn into something quite sizzly. They gazed at each other after a long handful of breathless moments.

"I've been longing for you to do that," She admitted.

"Well," Kyp said with a lopsided grin that was all Solo's influence, "Now I know that, it'll definitely happen again!"

the end
    ~

:) @};-

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Well done! Nice use of prompts.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So much fun to see Kyp and Sevrina back again! :) A very sweet exchange, set off by an unlikely conversational topic: one droid that needs a memory wipe and another that's never gotten one! I do hear Kyp about wanting to wipe the memories of doing the things we regret; alas, that's much harder to do on organic sentients than on droids, but he is lucky enough to have someone by his side who will be able to help him move on from those memories and become a better person who won't repeat them. (Not that I'm really that worried at this point!) And what better way to confirm that fact than a nice kiss. [face_love] Thanks as always for sharing these sweet moments with us! =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Aww, what a sweet story! :) Severina is lucky to have such a helpful friend in Kyp who can help her tune up her droid to keep the best of its personality while smoothing out the glitches. Not an emergency—but perhaps a good reason to spent some more time with a very helpful friend ;) Kyp and Severina both have good points about erasing those painful memories of our own mistakes. Sometimes it would be a lot easier not to remember them, especially when you suspect that those failures are all any one else cares about. But Severina is right that the mistakes and the lessons we learn from them are a part of us. And Kyp is, like many of us in that position, probably overestimating how much people really still hold those mistakes against him. I’m willing to bet that most of the people whose opinions he cares about don’t. Certainly Severina doesn’t—and of course, Kyp is so grateful for those kind words he just has to kiss her! Gratitude, yes, that’s it...;) But whatever the reason the kiss is definitely not a mistake and definitely an experience worth repeating—and I’m sure they will [face_love]

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I love reading Fun!Kyp. He definitely has a past that looms large, but as Sevrina said, he's better for all that. I enjoyed the link and explanation you made for the mind droid mind wipes and Kyp wanting to forget. Very good stuff!

Oh, wait! SQUEE? [face_love] :p Lovely tenderness at the end with a quip from Kyp![face_laugh]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the lovely reviews and the SQUEE! I see Sevrina as definitely invested and sympathetic and Kyp grateful and able to tease and reflect. It's a wonderful sign of a true friendship and a true pairing when you can unburden the heavy stuff and also share the warm fuzzies. ;)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet and thoughtful with Kyp and Sevrina.

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! This was just beautiful! Not that I am for a moment surprised, of course! [face_mischief] [face_love]

First, I really appreciate how you took the prompts in an unexpected dirrection. Using the Directionless Driver trope as an astromech who needs calibration was an excellent idea for a framework - and the same goes with the photo of the storms and the line of dialogue. All together they made a perfect setting to capture a beautiful moment between Kyp and Servina!

Then, this wasn't an emergency, per se, but a wonderful opportunity for 'friends' to spend time together. [face_mischief] Kyp's reflections about wiping real memories away just as easily as a droid,s was incredibly poignant considering his past. I know that's not an easy thing for him to discuss, and it's telling that he feels comfortable enough to admit to his inner demons and burdens. There was just the right balance between teasing and heartfelt assurance, showing a real genuine warmth between them! And that kiss!! [face_love] Kyp may wish he could erase parts of his past, but his path has led him here and now with a beautiful future open before him - and if that doesn't resolve the trope prompt I don't know what does!!

Wonderful work with this! I enjoyed every word. [face_love] =D= [:D]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I enjoy how you turned a set of prompts into a very SQUUEEE! worthy moment between Kyp and this OC!

10. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Oh my goodness this was so sweet! [face_love]

I loved the chemistry between Kyp and Sevrina!

And the ending with a kiss was perfection! :*

This had me grinning and aww-ing simultaneously! :D [face_love]

Great post! ;)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Kyp is too irresistible and Sevrina knows it. ;)

mayo_durron_666 likes this.