main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    It's ok if the landscape mentioned is symbolic or metaphorical, right? As long as it's there?

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Answering as myself since I’m on mobile and on vacation. Yes, indeed, as with any of these prompts, you may use the landscape prompt in any way you like, literal or metaphorical, as long as it is clearly there. :)

3. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! Index should now be up to date. Keep ’em coming, friends! :)

5. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again, writing with a friendly reminder that there is now about one month left to submit stories for OTP Challenge #12: The Landscape of Love. Once again, stories are due October 7 by 11:59 pm PST. So far we’ve got three great-looking submissions—any more to come? ;)

And, as always, I welcome anyone’s and everyone’s ideas for future challenge themes. I have something planned for the next challenge, #13, but not yet beyond that—so please suggest away! :)

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hmmm. I didn't originally have an idea for a fic, but a metaphorical cliff gives me an idea. Not that I need more ideas right now!

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Gotta admit I'm submitted on this one. For obvious reasons of obviousness, I didn't want to go with the obvious pairing for my prompt, but I've got no other ideas either. Oh well, I guess I can just save it to use for inspiration at some point in the future.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You could make a list of male, and a list of females, then use an online dice to match them up. Then stick them in a meadow.

For me, I am committed to this. My pair, Lord Nelf and Ysanne Isard, are at their location, and then I diverted attention to another project. I think all I really need to continue, is work out some stuff suitable for a GFFA picnic, then I can get back to it.

1041 words.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Dude, you are amazing! Thank you! My castaway story has just been rescued by the Crack!ship!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    May I please have #5. Sock me in right between two mods! :p

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    No good deed goes unpunished. :(

I want to crack on with my entry, after reading @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 's submission; but there is a Class 3 spider sitting above where my keyboard and chair are, and I am practising co-existing with the *******, so hoovering it into oblivion is not an option.

It's been a three hour game of chicken, so far.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Kahara and brodiew like this.
  13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Can you shoo it away or safely relocate it to another area of the room?

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    What exactly is a Class 3 spider? :p I had a similar problem a couple days ago. I found a fairly big spider in my sink. Luckily I have a teenage boy that I can help me relocate an eight-legged demon from Hell. He refused to kill it but moved it outside.

Kahara and brodiew like this.
  15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    @brodiew, no. 5 is Waterfall, and I've now got you in the index.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701, I've added your story to the index, too.

Thank you both! :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, my mistake, not "class 3".

Go to Youtube and type "phil jupitus category 3 spider". Clips for categories 1 and 2 - his classifications that I have wholeheartedly adopted, should come up as well, and watched in order.

As I had come home in the evening, turned the light on, and found the spider in place, I played a hunch that this was a defensive move; so I turned the light off and abandoned the room for an hour.

Came back and I don't know where it is, but at least I can sit at my keyboard again.

Edit: Even though I still have a month, that Category 3 has killed my creativity, so I'm going to bring the piece to a close, and post it.

Edit #2: My submission is posted: Prairie had a little LAM.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Kahara, Findswoman and brodiew like this.
  17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  18. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone, it's time to VOTE on OTP Thread Challenge #12: The Landscape of Love! Here are the seven (7) awesome stories we have in the running, each with their respective prompts and pairings, listed alphabetically by author's name:

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on Tuesday, October 22. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about Wednesday, October 23 (barring all RL catastrophe).

Happy reading and voting! :)

(And finally, as with all challenges here: if you wanted to contribute something to the challenge but were not able to have your story donebefore the deadline, that is totally OK! You can still post it, and I'll add it to the main challenge index.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Kahara, Jâd Sphera, Sith-I-5 and 2 others like this.
  20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Kahara likes this.
  21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Oh, d'oh! Very sorry I missed that. :oops: I've got it in the index now. And since it did indeed go up within the challenge timeframe, I've added it to the voting list above, too—so there are seven (7) awesome stories on which to vote, not just six (6). :)

Thanks, and apologies once again!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If we were voting titles only, we've all got great titles, however my favourite is that last one, Nourished and Blossoming.

Findswoman likes this.
  23. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018

Just one question. This is the first time I do this, how can I PM you so I can cast my vote?
    Could you provide a link of where to do it?
    I'm a bit confused on how to send my vote.
    Thank you for your help! :)

Findswoman likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    @Jâd Sphera under Captain Rakkaus icon (boat with hearts) you will see the name Captain Rakkaus. Click onto the name and a pop up box will appear. Tap on START A CONVERSATION and that will bring you to private messaging.

@Captain Rakkaus I can't remember, but do people on this site have to have a minimum amount of posts before they are allowed to private message? If so, maybe that is the reason @Jâd Sphera is having a problem voting.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Findswoman , Jâd Sphera and Sith-I-5 like this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I believe that you need a minimum of 10 posts to see and access private messaging. Jâd Sphera should be fine. Has 118 posts.

Findswoman and Jâd Sphera like this.