main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Love in the Country (OTP challenge - Landscape of Love)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Love in the Country

Poe Daemeron struggled for words as he gazed upon his beloved. Her voluminous yellow gown, discovered on the racks of a vintage boutique, was breathtakingly lovely in and of itself, but in combination with her hair, which was currently dyed a deep sapphire blue and pulled back in a twist, it was even more striking.

Gathering his wits slightly after what seemed an eternity, but was likely no more than half a minute, Poe finally found his tongue. "Force, Amilyn," he breathed, "you're beautiful."

"You don't look so bad yourself, Flyboy.", she teased with a loving smile.

"I have something for you."

He took a flat, rectangular box from his pocket, and opening it, revealed a stunning choker necklace. A delicate web of white seed pearls was layered over wide black lace, and in the center was a large cabochon, set in silver. The gem changed color according to the angle of the light, shifting from rose pink to bright green and back, sometimes showing both colors at once.

"It's beautiful! Will you help me put it on?"

"I'm glad you like it. Because it's more than just a beautiful necklace. I'm giving you my heart."

As he fastened it around her neck, he learned forward and murmured in her ear, "Amilyn Holdo, will you be mine forever? Will you be my wife?"

Her hand flew to the gem at her throat as she realized what he asked. "Yes!"

She spun back to face Poe, beaming at him, and once again, she stole his breath away. Here, in her finery, against the majestic backdrop of the wildflower meadow and the rushing waterfalls, with the summer breeze tugging at the sapphire tendrils that framed her face, and the sun illuminating her in such a way that she almost seemed to glow, she looked like a queen. She was a queen. His queen.

He wanted so much to tell her how much he loved her, but he couldn't think of a single word to say, so he kissed her instead.

The joy and love in their hearts overflowed, and the whole world seemed to sing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Poldo!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] A lovely sweet challenge entry! :*

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Can you believe this was my first try at writing them?

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Well I'll be...Poldo lives! :D We now have a proposal story and a visually stunning one at that.
    I love chokers. Darn sexy with blue hair and yellow dress. Color me slain. [face_hypnotized]
    Quite lovely, Cowgirl Jedi 1701! No snark or sass; just heartfelt love and adoration. Well done. [face_love] [:D] =D=

Edit: You know what this means, of course! You went and gave Poldo CPR. I must now respond. :*@};-

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I forgot to mention, but my prompt was "meadow". And it took me ages to come up with a pairing for this, because I didn't want to use the obvious one, because they're just too dang obvious. But once I thought of using Poldo, the story came together quite easily. Though not without some not-so-subtle references to the Obvious Couple Of Obviousness. :D

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Very nice story.

Head over heels in love, somehow, and a marriage proposal to boot.

Well done.

I shall have to re-review, as I have no idea what you are referencing with your "obviousness" stuff.

[face_thinking] Is it the reference to "Flyboy"?

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Not even. Maybe I was more subtle than I thought?

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Chiming in...

Amilyn referred to Poe as Flyboy in TLJ. But there is another obvious Flyboy, though never referenced as such, introduced earlier in the franchise. There was another woman involved; not a queen, but a princess. [face_mischief] [face_whistling] :han: :leia:

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701, feel free to correct me if 'm wrong.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Poe, Amilyn, Flyboy, several mentions of "queen".

Not seeing anything to do with any other sentients, regardless of fandom, and romantically inclined or not.

Blue hair, yellow dress....some Thrawn / Pavarotti hybrid?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Close, but nope. Flyboy was not intended as a reference.

Nope, but keep going with the yellow dress. Maybe that combined with the setting will ring a bell?

I really didn't think I was being that subtle.....

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Are we at least still in Star Wars?

I don't know that many meadows.

Little House on the Prairie?

The hills are alive with the sound of music?

What is obvious to you, may not be to anyone else.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes, were still in Star Wars. Think AOTC, amigo.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    OH SNAP! o_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Captain Tarpals and Jar Jar.

Not the most prominent pairing this side of the galactic centre, but still.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Um, no. And I'm 98% sure you're being facetious. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have deliberately not thought of Attack of the Clones since about three weeks after I saw it at the cinema, so I won't be considering it further. I would never have figured it out, and am certainly not getting any mental images of Padme in a yellow dress. Ever.

AzureAngel2 and Emperor Ferus like this.
  17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Aww, sweet little engagement scene, here! [face_love] And yes, I know exactly which Obvious Meadow Couple™ this is meant to echo, from the yellow dress, the meadow-like setting, the tendrils of hair on her face, "queen"... I do see what you did there. (And hey, that too was an instance where the man was younger than the woman! ;) ) Wonderful color images here, too: the blue hair and the yellow dress against the green meadow, and of course the ever-changing colors of the cabochon gem. Just such a beautiful, serene scene, so well described, and so well-deserved—thank you so much for sharing it with this challenge! =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    You see good. And it isn't exactly coincidence that said yellow dress was "found on the tracks of a vintage boutique." ;)

Actually that parallel didn't occur to me. I mean, I knew it, but I didn't think of it, if you know what I mean.

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You really made me want to have a picnic after reading this. Well done, Cowgirl! :)

21. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    So sweet and romantic! Very nicely done :D

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you. You added a word and meaning to my lexicon.

I was initially wondering what "tracks" (thinking railways), had to do with a boutique; however now, with my many female characters, I have another word I can use when choosing their attire.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thanks for noticing that typo for me. It was supposed to be "racks".

And thanks to everyone else for the nice comments.

AzureAngel2 and Jâd Sphera like this.
  24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! This was such a lovely scene - echoing another such lovely scene ;) - but with hopefully a much happier and more satisfying ending for the couple in question. I was so happy to see another Poldo viggie posted, especially one as pleasant and just so softly romantic as this one! [face_love]

Just beautiful! [face_love] =D=

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you. And definitely happier ending intended.

Just wait until Rey sees that rock!

AzureAngel2 likes this.