main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Would you be up for a Han Solo TV show that continues the events of the movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    ...body cares. ;)

cwustudent and Django Fett like this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The gangs in Star Wars, are actually large militias and paramilitary organizations that care often capable of battling and winning against Clones and CIS. They often have their own private armies or can simply hire mercenary armies.

I think Saw and his partisans would've played a big part in the conflict with the Crimson Dawn cause of Enfys Nest. I think some years would've passed too since they were setting up a younger Jyn Erso with Nest's gang after Savareen.

A kinda issue I had with Solo in the movie is that he's always a jackass and a bad investment and never honors any contract and outfit he's in cept when he goes "good", then he's as straight as an arrow. He turns on everyone in the damn movie basically, from traitor to the Empire cause he wants to get rich and driven by a need to steal(for some reason Qi'ra on the back burner whenever he wants to make a score as the movie struggled to get its story straight was it Qi'ra or just becoming rich), from dumping the loot on Vandor which really put them up against the firing squad to eventually betraying Crimson Dawn and dumping Beckett on Savareen by handing over everything to Enfys cause she swayed him to the cause as at heart he's a good guy playing bad guy. Just before a ANH, we know he dumps the cargo again which leads to the bounty on his head by Jabba during the OT.

One thing I kinda liked about the movie, was that you can feel they tried making it out like the Force was guiding things(they did the same thing in Rogue One ), and its really interesting how all these movie characters are interconnected. In Solo's origin lies Darth Maul.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Han says a couple of times that he wanted to make money so he could buy a ship and fly back to Corellia to find Qi’ra.

Darth_Pevra and El_Machete12 like this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Darth_Pevra and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This wouldn’t surprise me at all. What was originally a film centered around a Mos Eisley-driven syndicate battle, will be extended into a TV show. Frankly, the more I hear about it, the more I feel that Disney+ not only saved the Anthology stories, but ensured that they’ll end up being a lot better and more satisfying than they would have been as films.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I almost wish they waited for disney plus and made rouge one into a tv show, like they originally wanted.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No, Rogue One is a perfect film as is. Not least because of how tight it is as an ANH prequel, and how powerful the crew’s deaths all are after only a 2 hour plus film. And we’re getting a sequel TV show for it anyway, which can go much deeper into that time period. Rogue One has made me a huge fan of that particular time period, and now I’m thrilled about the Cassian show. There’s a built-in audience already.

I do think it would have been great to start Solo off as a TV show, though. Even though I really like that film too.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah Rouge one works really well as a prequel. Solo would be better as a show yes, seems weird he does all this in just a few days. hopefully we get this gangster show that deals with the underword, maybe Solo and Chewie and Lando can cameo.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To be fair that site is most stuff wrong and bs. So we need more reliable sourches.

Shamear and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With the potentila of a criminal underwold series with Maul and Qira as main leads. It would be perfect time to develop other criminal families like the pykes and the black sun. I know the black sun was very heavily featured in legends comics and Maul used to hunt them down and kill them, and it's hinted at in TCW with him knowing of them and their base. He and his brother kills it's leadership and use them with his war against his master and the jedi. I know a very huge character from black sun that could be used as Maul's main nemesis and that Prince Xixor. His specie and his gang is canon. In legends he had a vendetta against Vader for his crimes against his people, just change Vader to Maul and have this arc. I know alot of people hoping for his return to Canon and this show would be perfect for this. The ones Maul killed might have been family members of his.

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    That could certainly get alot more Maul on our screen, if there is a Crimson Dawn series.

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Manabyte has been wrong in the past but Jordan is usually very reliable and has proven himself with the Kenobi leak, I'm still cautious to say if this is legit or not but if it is true then...
    GIVE IT TO ME
    [​IMG] :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I'd love to see a series about Crimson Dawn/Qi'ra/Enfys Nest. They could even crossover with the Cassian Andor series.

I'd also love to see Alden return as Han. I thought he did a fantastic job but caught in a perfect storm of bad buzz -- a spinoff nobody wanted that was weakly promoted, playing a legendary character played by a legendary movie star, coming off a divisive TLJ. Also, a TV series would have given audiences more time to accept him as Young Han. It wasn't until AOTC that I actually bought Ewan as Young Obi-Wan.

wobbits and cwustudent like this.
  17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Everybody is forgetting about the original Star Wars gangster who is also active during this time period and also has a history with Maul: Jabba the Hutt

Darth_Pevra and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Manabyte is a reliable dude, if he says it's happening then I think it's a reasonable chance.

Wegotthiscovered is a garbage clickbait site that just passes off rumours as insider info.

black_saber likes this.
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    This weird era we are entering where Star Wars becomes a collection short run 8 episode Disney+ shows.

I'm kind of okay with that.

20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Plus each show will have multiple seasons as well. Except I think the Obi Wan show might just have only one season.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Is everybody forgetting that? I’m pretty sure Jabba’s been discussed a bunch of times in the context of a possible Solo sequel...

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Like when Manabyte seriously claimed that Jar Jar would appear in Rogue One?;)

Or Rey meeting the force ghosts on Ahch-To in TLJ?

The dude's even admitted to making stuff up in the past apparently, I wouldn't pay attention to this at all if it weren't for Jordan commenting on it as well.

BigAl6ft6 and Shamear like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love it if we see the leaders of all crime organisations. Maul, Jabba, Pyke leader, black sun leader and crymora leader.

24. VGCinema

VGCinema Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2019
    I'm honestly incredibly okay with this. Honestly just want more live action content and if the shows are quality than I say the more the merrier.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018