main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    In answer to #7, about Sevrina, talking things through with a friend and enjoying the serenity of nature.
    @Findswoman, #1 on Shulma.

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, Shulma's definitely more on the introverted side: she loves the company of ancient texts and a nice cup of tea, or a nice walk in her homeworld's beautiful landscape, or some reflective time in a sacred site. That doesn't mean she doesn't like being around others—she very much enjoys the company of her friends (and Zeb, of course, too [face_love] ). But generally small gatherings of a few at a time are more congenial to her than a large, noisy crowd.

All righty now... @Mira_Jade, 3, Demír! :)

(Tell you all what: since we've begun a new thread page, I'll re-quote the post describing the game...)

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness, I do have OCs, don't I? :p Thanks so much for the tag. This looks like an awesome game, and I was delighted to see Demír's name pop up. :D [face_love]

Demír has a deep, smooth sounding voice. She's a tall, big, well muscled woman, and she has the voice to match! (I was inspired in no small part by Aisha Hinds when writing her character. [face_love]) She's Corellian, so while we've mostly had American accents portrayed for Corellians in live media thus far, my upcoming EWaV plot-arc set in Corellia has modled a lot of world-building off of RL Mediterranean countries, and I personally hear a sorta southern French accent for her when I write her dialogue. Not as exaggerated as what we hear for Twi'leks in TCW and Rebels, for example, but a hint of it. :)

Now, next . . .

@brodiew, #10 for Lens Eli! :D [face_mischief]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks, Mira. This looks like fun.

If I could compare Lens' personal space to the weather, I would say that it is partly clean. He doesn't really like messes, but he can be lazy in the detail oriented parts of cleaning. In other words he likes a certain sense of order to his personal space but not a rigid order.

@Raissa Baiard: #5 for Noemi. Go!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  6. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    What would bring Noemi to tears? The biggest thing would be if something happened to Ronen or a member of her family (and that definitely includes her Loth-cat, Spots).

@Sith-I-5 #17 for Yavinelf

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    17. Are they interested in having kids?
    [face_laugh]

Well, Ysanne has never wanted kids, though maybe having her micro-sand panther could change her mind. The idea has never occurred to Yav.

So, No. And thank you for asking! :)

@Oddly_Salacious #13 for Imperial Intelligence Officer Conrad

8. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    13. What would be their perfect vacation?

Conrad is beyond vacations now in at least he cannot envision taking one ever again. At the time of the Talay Investigation, he was looking to get out of the Empire--at first with his approaching retirement, and then through desertion (@Sith-I-5 -he's no Rebel). The fatalistic, pessimistic mood of the opening plays to Conrad's buried feelings about this decision. This is why the opening scene is actually the last scene of the story... his brother's protective final words being a loaded message for Conrad to get out [face_shhh]. If Conrad were to fail the Emperor: death. But, if Conrad were to discover the truth of Luke Skywalker (which he probably could), then the Emperor would surely kill him.

devilinthedetails - #3, Lazzaro Quintino

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Just curious. What if answers don't come in a 'timely(?) manner'? I got the feeling that this might be a quickfire thing. Probably just my antsy-ness.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  10. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Semi-semi quickfire, maybe? :D @Oddly_Salacious 's post was only a couple days ago, so at first I was going to say just to give things a bit. But that said, it looks like the username tag used in his post may not have taken and thus maybe didn't result in an alert for devilinthedetails, so I'm going to try again:

@devilinthedetails, #3, Lazzaro Quintino

To be absolutely sure the tags will work as they should, I recommend everyone use the "@" tagging functionality when tagging people in this game and elsewhere. Start with the @ symbol, then begin typing the username, then accept/click it in the little autocomplete box that pops up. Hope this will help! :)

11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Anyone want to ask me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @OCDatabaseSock Yeah, I didn't get the notification. Otherwise, I would have responded sooner:)

Thanks for involving me in the game. I never played before so let me know if I do anything wrong.

To answer the question from @Oddly_Salacious, I imagine Lazzaro Quintino having a sort of tough guy accent like you might hear on the streets, trains, or busses of New Jersey and New York. My inspiration for that is hearing those kinds of accents everyday when I commute. I imagine it would sound very rough and gruff to anyone not familiar with that way of talking, but there's also a real outspokenness and passion as well that can possibly be admired. He's a sort of "tells it like it is" or how he thinks it is sort of guy, so talks in a very blunt style in my head.

Now my turn to ask if I understand the game right:

@divapilot , #2, Breha Solo

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I think you do! Thanks, @devilinthedetails!

2. Are they more a morning person or an evening person?

If she had her choice, Breha would sleep in. She's more of an evening person. However, her sweetheart, Blue, is a very structured morning person so she is trying to accommodate him. In the end, though, she'd rather stargaze with him at night than get up with him and watch the sun rise.

@Anedon, Evan Malek, #4

14. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @divapilot

4. How do they feel about speaking in public?

As the eldest child and heir of the Malek family public speaking and the ability to do it has been expected from Evan basically since his youth. Being generally much more confident than his younger brother he doesn´t worry about it too much, especially since his time as an officer in the war taught him how to get people´s attention and support through words. So yeah he can do it pretty well though having a strong sense of intergirty he is very open, honest and direct when he does it, both endears him to people but also can cause trouble with others.

@SiouxFan, Kenara Do’ma, #6

15. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    @Anedon -- Thanks!

#6. What is their biggest fear?

Kenara is an only child whose mother is an accountant, father is a HS teacher...and both served in the Hapan Navy. I think this would give anyone a sense of self-doubt...but Kenara has a deep-seated fear of failure. More than is probably healthy, even in a Hapan society where failure is not an option. When you throw in the odd fact that her parents got married because they actually LOVE each other--she's got an unrealistic expectation of perfection...in a society where everyone already pretends to be perfect. Oh, and she's scared to death of hornets.

@mayo_durron_666, Hera #9

16. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Just stepping in as sock to clarify and confirm that it is indeed mayo's OC Hera Assandra that is meant, rather than the canon character Hera Syndulla. :)

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  17. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Oh, yep! Sorry!

Findswoman likes this.
  18. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    At least you got asked.

19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Just a friendly reminder that posts in this thread need to be kept sportsmanlike to your fellow authors. This game is still new, and there are many authors who have not been asked a question about their OC yet. There's no need to make anyone feel guilty for who they may or may not have chosen to participate next.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Sith-I-5 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  20. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, just to pick up where we left off, since the original tag may have expired by now:

@mayo_durron_666 , Hera Assandra, #9.

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  21. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    @OCDatabaseSock & @SiouxFan - Thanks for the mention! :) This looks like a fun game!

#9. Are they a good dancer?

Hera Assandra would be the first to admit she can’t dance! At least not in the traditional sense. In a fancy ballroom with classic music, dance styles & lots of elegance.. no! :p But head-banging & jumping around in a heavy metal mosh pit! Heck yeah!!! :cool:[face_peace]

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , Sevrina Bendal, #7

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    #7 for Sevrina -- chatting with friends and enjoying peaceful natural vistas

@Raissa Baiard -- #15 for Annina Blayne. :)

23. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    15. What kind of family situation do they come from? For Annina Blayne

Annina is the youngest child of fugitive Jedi turned cantina owner Doran Blayne and Force-sensitive Imperial Prefect Raissa (Baiard) Blayne (who has also secretly trained as a Jedi). She has an older sister, Mara Jade Blayne, and older brother, Domnic “Nick” Blayne. Annina has inherited the beastwarden talent from her mother, and her companion is a gray pittin named Princess. As a child, she lives with her family on the planet Merkesh in a large white stuccoed house next door to her dad’s cantina, the Café Alderaan.

@Nehru_Amidala, #1 for Minerva Hektor

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    # 1. Are you more introverted or extroverted?

That depends entirely on whom I am around. I was abandoned by my deadbeat Jedi father and raised by a physically and emotionally abusive woman, and the only person who protected me was our live in housekeeper. Because of her, I was resilient. However, because my Force sensitivity manifested itself as excellent mapmaking skills, not to mention every time I bled, I released Time Lord regeneration energy, I became self-conscious.

Even after joining the Empire and marrying Thrawn, I am still wary of whom I trust. Having seen all the movies and reading the novels, I know what is going to happen next. The only people I truly trust are my husband, my best friends Eli Vanto, Lynette Kai’ckul, Yogar Lyste, Rae Sloan, and my adoptive father, Colonel Yularen.

Question 15 is for @AzureAngel2 for Cassie.

25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Cassie:

"???

Question 15???

15. What kind of family situation do they come from?

They? You mean the Anils, right? Gramps next door neighbours. Welly if I understood Daddy right they are are foster family. This is why such rude folk like Dravits Draven belong to them. Perhaps even Boba Fett, but I am not sure about this one. Crix Madine is nice though. Weird, but nice.

As for Daddy, Uncle Alex and me, we are a family unit, sort of. I got adopted & Daddy appointed Uncle Alex as my godfather.