main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Since this is a thread on the spacecraft of TROS, who is with me in going all out to buy the models when they are released? Gonna check out Toys R Us and other stores after Force Friday, for sure! :cool:

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm gonna build so many LEGOs in 2020

dekaneas likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tie Silencer's or Vendetta's were mass produced so there should be more of them. Perhaps the versions used in TROS are an updated model. Apparently the Vn's were around during TFA.

4. ioioos

ioioos Jedi Knight

Apr 17, 2015
    Am I the only one that think the 'new' ship in the rebel fleet is a modified Ghost?

5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I am too!

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Still curious as to where the T-65 X-Wing comes into play.

dekaneas likes this.
  7. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I believe it's been exactly 2 years since the MC85 Raddus leaked online... now would be a really good time for something like that to happen again.

dekaneas likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. And also according to JP it's the same ship that left Rey on Jakku. Well well well who would have guessed that? ;)

Okay, now that my gloating is out of the way the pieces are starting to come together. Ochie was a Sith loyalist who took the granddaughter of Palpatine and hid her away on Jakku. Rey finding his ship is the first clue she receives about her true identity and eventually leads her to Palpatine. Makes sense.

9. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Oh, I'm sorry, did you go to test screening? They are not the same ship....similar configuration but not the same. The ship that Rey sees in her vision from the rear and the accompanying front view in the 'Art of..' book is not a bucket. Perhaps the young lady had an idealised version of it in her mind yet the reality was quite different.

Django Fett likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's the same ship. Just like Eadu was a different planet and not a mine under Jedha. Most times the most obvious answer is the correct one.

11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Eadu was an idea, not based on reasonably detailed screen shots of two ships that look similar but have enough differences to be different.

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Seems highly unlikely but may be Rey raises Luke's X-Wing from the ocean? It could be a test to prove she is ready to face Kylo….

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Thats what happens. She raises his x-wing from the ocean.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    At least, that's a credible rumor at the moment.

15. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That's what's rumoured, as I said before about many of these rumours, some I'd heard myself from other sources ...they sound to be too good to be true.
    The key to it all is why does Rey raise the X-Wing?

16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Because she had a change of heart about rejoining the fight after a heart-to-heart with FG Luke. Apparently she got to Ahch-to in Kylo's TIE (which she stole from him) and then she destroyed it by fire. Luke's old X-Wing is the only way off the planet. This is one of the spoilers I'm prepared to put some stock in - they built a full size T-65 with obvious water weathering and there's the old rumour about Rey with Luke's helmet (which presumably is stashed in his hut somewhere).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Yep that's right but it kind does some damage to Luke's predicament in TLJ that he Force-projects himself because the X-Wing is no longer airworthy. It leads to the thought if Rey can lift it from the ocean floor and fly off in it, why doesn't Luke. Then there simply isn't any realistic way of explaining why Rey would be wearing Luke's helmet, though we don't see it in TLJ, it must be there with his belongings or more likely left in the cockpit. Then again what if someone has mistaken Luke's helmet for the one in the AT-AT wreckage and it's a flash back...

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    We don't know that Luke didn't consider using the X-Wing, perhaps the Force Projection was his Plan A? He wouldn't have survived the blaster barrage, tricked Kylo and consequently bought the Resistance valuable time if he was on Crait in person.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Didn't Pablo Hidalgo say it wasn't flightworthy or it's to some state unflyable after Luke had used parts to rebuild his home? Then he couldn't have foreseen any of that what followed on Crait, even Yoda couldn't see into the future, all he knew was Rey was going to confront Kylo and Snoke. It's going off topic anyway but it's something that the Luke Skywalker fandom will no doubt jump on if it occurs in the movie.

20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Rey just needs to replace any missing parts and dry it out a little. Force hairdryer could come in handy.

Bor Mullet and Django Fett like this.
  21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's called Dio
    [​IMG]

22. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Would Rey have anyone with her on Anch-To? If Chewie's with her, I could see him maybe being able to help in getting an X-Wing flightworthy again after she's raised it.

I do love the idea that Luke's scuttled it intentionally though. Who knows, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Rumour is she's on her own. She has done exactly the same as Luke and turned her back on it all.

Besides that she does not need Chewie's muscle, she has the Force and she knows more about the inner workings of an old X-Wing than anyone else.

Django Fett likes this.
  24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    "You thought I was just a regular droid, but it is I, Dio!"

:p

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    DaddlerTheDalek and Darth Smurf like this.
  25. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Tools?

Would she be able to salvage parts and tools from the TIE? As unlikely as it seems, would the caretakers be of any help? It's a shame she seems to be alone and doesn't have Artoo or BB8 with her, but I guess it's the scene where Luke gets to converse with her.