main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    First they would have to adapt the Vader story she first appears in. Like so many others her relevance to Anakin/Vader is what makes her.

It's really about how you relate to Anakin/Vader and Luke to get that status then go off on your own.

2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    One of many time line possibilities. :p

KSennia likes this.
  3. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    [​IMG]

Harbour and cwustudent like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I already don't care that much.
    No. She tortures and murders people for being loyal to Padme. That character's been dead to me since issue #8.

wobbits and jeangreyforever like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yassss! I'm so excited!
    [​IMG]

Seriously, dude it a legit fan. Here's him on The Star Wars Show talking about Power of the Force toys fer crissakes!

6. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Well this is unexpected, but cool, I suppose. I generally like the MCU, although I can see the criticisms people have of it. I have confidence Kevin will deliver something good.

That said, I'm kind of curious how this relates to the Rian Johnson and Weiss and Benioff projects. I had gotten the impression those were gonna be the focus for the next decade or so, and yet this sounds like it's own, standalone, one off thing. Didn't think they were gonna be doing one-offs in the midst of all that.

7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    My guess is that KK will focus on Indiana Jones and that YA movie while Feige relaunches Star Wars.

8. OrganicMeatbag

OrganicMeatbag Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2019
    I'm cautiously optimistic. While the MCU has gotten pretty stale recently, it's not like that's solely Feige's fault.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    The only thing I don't like about the Hollywood reporter article they claim Gareth Edwards was taken off the Rogue One Film that is totally false conjecture. Rogue One just had reshoots all films have reshoots for what ever reason sometimes the media makes a bigger deal about the reshoots then they should. Rise Of Skywalker has reshoots from August to October but that doesn't mean the film is doomed or Abrams is being caned.

I absolutely love the Idea of Kevin Feige producing a star wars films If he makes anything like he makes with Marvel then I think we are all in for a treat!

@OrganicMeatbag you think Infinity War, End Game, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel is stale? I thought they were awesome films!

jeangreyforever likes this.
  10. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Difference is Gareth Edwards was replaced with Tony Gilroy.

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    If only it was April 1.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    that was a rumor that was refuted by Anthony Breznican and never announced by Lucasfilm. I always took it as Gilroy was brought on to help with reshoots not replace Edwards. That is not uncommon on big budget blockbuster films as many people as you can get to help the better.

13. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    The worst part about this will be all the Marvel fans claiming he saved Star Wars regardless of what movie he makes or how good it is.

14. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I wanna see him produce Rian's first film in his trilogy so people can't decide what to think before entering the theater.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm actually curious if this might be a "testing the waters" prelude to a regime change when KK's contract is up in 2021. Word on the street is that Feige covets her job, and two years is a short time in the movie business.

wobbits and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Where was Mike Zeroh on this? Thought he had the pulse of all things SW?

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    You clearly are not concerned about either my physical or emotional well-being.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Star Wars doesn't need Saving just as long as Rise Of Skywalker does really good at the box office and I think it will! Solo then would be the one glitch on the mission if I could take a cliché from the movie Apollo 13

19. JamieH

JamieH Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Yeah, I can't see how this is anything but a setup to replace KK. They aren't going to have two major producers running this thing.

I also wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that RJ trilogy to happen.

There has been a lot of talk that Disney is not worried about Star Wars. A move like this isn't made if everything is A-OK.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    No he wasn't.

Edwards stayed all the way through the movie and along with his editor they came up with the Darth Vader sequence at the end. Edwards was there at the soundtrack recordings and was all over the battle of Scarif. What Gilroy did was what actually happens a lot in Hollywood where another director comes in and does reshoots and rewrites.

Quite frankly I'm not convinced that Edwards movie wasn't actually better if it had stayed the course. I suspect that after TFA they simply didn't want the "Saving Private Ryan" vision they first had so they softened everything up. I like R1 and it's easily the best thing Disney has done or likely ever will do in the movies for Star Wars.

While the reshoots added a lot of emotional content to up the likeability of the characters the actual story and situations really suffered because the actions of characters don't bear much examination. Changing Sgt. Jyn Erso from a highly committed rebel to a non-rebel "criminal" creates various problems:

Celebrate the moments of iconic action and relive the timeless adventures and from Star Wars: Rogue One with this premium 6-inch replica figure of Sergeant Jyn Erso from Star Wars The Black Series. A highly skilled soldier in the Rebel Alliance, Jyn Erso is an impetuous and defiant warrior, eager to bring the battle to the Empire. Jyn has little patience for debate within Alliance High Command, enough so that she takes matters into her own hands. Join the defiant Sergeant Jyn Erso on a top-secret mission to steal the plans to the Galactic Empire’s most fearsome and deadliest construction, the superweapon known as the Death Star, and embark on an epic journey alongside the Rebel heroes, where Imperial officers are charged with protecting the Empire’s invention against the Rebels at any cost.

No amount of box office can save this trilogy's story. Disney knows they are in some trouble hence everything that has gone on since. If TROS does as well as they hope then they can sweep it under the rug and move on.

21. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Oooo yes. I need this to happen.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    [face_laugh]
    Well, as a Marvel fan, I don't feel that way. I don't think he's being brought in to "save" anything. Despite my issues with the ST, I think KK has done pretty well, and I don't think my opinion will change even if I love Feige's movie.

Jedi Merkurian , 2Cleva and zackm like this.
  23. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think Feige is a good choice for a Star Wars movie but I wonder what they mean by "developing"? Writing? Directing? Producing? Something else entirely? Two other questions that spring to mind are:

1. Is this movie part of one the two trilogies we already know about or something separate?
    2. Assuming they haven't already, how long before the RJ haters use this as proof that RJ's trilogy is being cancelled or that KF is replacing RJ as the person in charge of that trilogy?

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think the real question who does he bring on as writer and director and since this will be a Lucasfilm production he most likely can't just have the Marvel Special effects division do the effects, he'll have to pick someone perhaps with a bit more know how in that department.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Oh, they’re absolutely using it as proof of that over in the TROS rumor thread, despite the fact that the very same article that announce this news also says that Lucasfilm is still moving forward with RJs project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.